New MMQB article- written by Russell Wilson

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":2lwtulgz said:
I just thought it was typical RW . . . he's smart, smart enough to use a lot of words to say all the right things without really saying much of anything.

He's the anti-Sherman. Sherman gets himself in trouble by saying substantial things no one else will say. Wilson stays out of trouble by using words to say nothing of substance.

Not a criticism. Just an observation.

This is true, and once again demonstrates what a great leader he is. He puts team first by not saying or doing anything that would be an undue distraction. It can be kind of boring some times, but I applaud him for it.

Just an odd fact that proves how much influence Russell Wilson has accrued in his short time in the NFL, he requests that people respect his and his ex wifes privacy as they go through a divorce, and people give him that space.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3dem9mfo said:
This article only seems articulate because Sherman proofed it. I heard Charlie Caserly said that if Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson were to swap teams that Andrew Luck would write a better article about black quarterbacks while Russell wouldn't even be top 12 in neck beards.
Hysterical. Post of the day man though I think you forgot to mention that Mel Kiper said he's too short to write a column for MMBQ and Bill Polian said he'll never be more than a backup writer for the site.

Enjoyed the article. I thought Russ was more open than normal and I'm pleased that as a society we are finally moving in the direction Dr. King dreamed of, judging a man by the content of his character. Got a long way to go still, but as is often the case sports seem to be leading the way as evidenced by the things Wilson said in this column as it concerns the makeup of our team's QB contingent, the lack of focus on him being a black QB winning a SB, etc..

Sac

Reaction score
pmedic920":3boqhmzl said:
Seahwkgal":3boqhmzl said:
Technically Krapperdick is just as much Italian as he is black. Where do you think he gets that nose? lol

Explain a little further, please.

Clearly you haven't seen the Christopher Walken/Dennis Hopper scene from True Romance.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":l45rrrg2 said:
pmedic920":l45rrrg2 said:
Seahwkgal":l45rrrg2 said:
Technically Krapperdick is just as much Italian as he is black. Where do you think he gets that nose? lol

Clearly you haven't seen the Christopher Walken/Dennis Hopper scene from True Romance.
Clearly you haven't seen the Scotte/Russell Wilson scene from True Bromance.

The Radish

Reaction score
I thought it was a great article. I have to admit I didn't give the racial thing a thought until now. I watched the Doug Williams SB and didn't make any big deal out of it then either.

Congrats to both QBs and congrats to our media for not making a big fricking deal out of it at the time.

:les:

HawkWow

Reaction score
I can't imagine a better existence than our own Russell Wilson's. He obviously passes his drug tests so I know it's not a cocktail of MDMA, Cannabis and Xanax that allows him to just seemingly flutter through life.. pausing only to embrace the good or divorce the evil.

But Russ, as much as I love him and his ideals, is only seeing half of today's revamped race issue. Had Paul Allen publicly called our QB group "The Jackson 5", everyone from Jesse Jackson to Dwaine Wade would have demanded he immediately sell the team. I look forward to the maturation process of the Russell Wilsons and Richard Shermans. It will take voices like theirs to counter the ignorant rants of the Sharptons and LeBrons, IMO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like RW came from good stock, with outstanding genetics.
Also, it sure doesn't hurt that he's putting in an extraordinary time to hard study, hard work, and the no nonsense drive to perfection of his position.

Sac

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mm91g2v said:
SacHawk2.0":3mm91g2v said:
pmedic920":3mm91g2v said:
Seahwkgal":3mm91g2v said:

Clearly you haven't seen the Scotte/Russell Wilson scene from True Bromance.

I'd fap to that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This kid is killing it. Those are totally his words and I can easily hear him saying them only with a few more motivational clichés.

Heh.. the Hawks undersized QB win a Super Bowl in his second year and has the tact of a seasoned vet. We already know he is just going to ball and maintain that even attitude his entire career.

Assuming he doesn't get to tight with Bieber.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":5yeo9b06 said:
This kid is killing it. Those are totally his words and I can easily hear him saying them only with a few more motivational clichés.

Heh.. the Hawks undersized QB win a Super Bowl in his second year and has the tact of a seasoned vet. We already know he is just going to ball and maintain that even attitude his entire career.

Assuming he doesn't get to tight with Bieber.
You see the thread I made on the official 49ers forum with this article? It's an anti-Wilson/Seahawks bloodbath, along with some blatantly racist remarks from some posters. Looking more and more like the DenialZone with each week that passes...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nvdumn4 said:
You see the thread I made on the official 49ers forum with this article? It's an anti-Wilson/Seahawks bloodbath, along with some blatantly racist remarks from some posters. Looking more and more like the DenialZone with each week that passes...

Yeah.. they aren't taking this whole post Hawk champion trauma very well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2xjeed5k said:
RolandDeschain":2xjeed5k said:

Yeah.. they aren't taking this whole post Hawk champion trauma very well.
Which means when the Hawks win another, and another and......it'll get progressively better as they just give up on their team specifically and football in general. Getting owned will do that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2aelwpew said:
Which means when the Hawks win another, and another and......it'll get progressively better as they just give up on their team specifically and football in general. Getting owned will do that.

A large number of them might be reality challenged, but they will never give up.

They will never lose hope because in Bizarro World the Niners have never lost.

Don't you know that in the last 11 seasons that the Niners have never lost a game that was fairly officiated or when the opponent didn't cheat?

TwilightError

Reaction score
I don’t care if they’re white, black, Christian, Jewish, atheist. It has no effect how I view them.

That is a quote I respect. It is not uncommon for a devout religious person to suddenly succumb into a primitive state when atheists are mentioned, but clearly RW is above that. I'm glad to see that from such an inspiring person.

Latest posts