Myers resigned to 4 year deal!!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He missed 3 field goals total in 2020 and 2022 combined. Not bad for a "head case" as someone called him, all because he missed a FG vs. the Rams, only to come back and get the game winner.

Love it. We rarely talk about Myers, that's a GOOD thing.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you wanna' worry about him BASF, by all means, go for it. I'm not worried one bit about Myers.
I stand corrected, it was 2020 that he missed zero. Damn, time flies :ROFLMAO:

Edit: 2020 and 2022 combined: 3 FG MISSED TOTAL

Last edited:

Kinger95

Reaction score
It’s actually not bad. This for a kicker on the Texans is a waste. It’s hard on a team when a kicker can’t make anything so to pay a bad one 2/3 mill why not have one of the best for only a couple mill more. Plus there’s a ton of guys that only make a few hundred K less that aren’t as good

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'd bet there's at least half a dozen teams that would have offered Myers a contract like this. Lots of kicking woes the past couple of years.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not even sure why this is in question as far as the value. You just resigned a top-5 kicker in the league. The cap went from 208 to 220m.

If he performs as he has, money well spent. Had we let him go and not found a reliable replacement, which is highly likely, we'd all be annoyed that we were too cheap by 1-2m at a position that literally can win you games.

bloodkingg

Reaction score
Yeah, stoked to hear this news. He's a good/great kicker and we're lucky to have him. Plus I nail every FG in Madden with him so I am a happy camper.:D

Now if we could pick up some linebackers that actually attack the hole and don't get ran over all the time, I'd be winning way more.:ROFLMAO:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It is weird off/on year by year BUT when we had to watch Walsh and Jankowski
before,I feel a lot better.

JGreen79

Reaction score
It is weird off/on year by year BUT when we had to watch Walsh and Jankowski
before,I feel a lot better.
And we choose a Janikowski that hadn't played the year before over Myers that year... Moving on from Myers is much more likely to have the same effect as moving on from Hauschka.

Jville

Reaction score
It is reassuring to see that the staff learns from disappointments or what some refer to as mistakes. Pity the front offices that miss out on that because of constant turn over in their organizations.

For the Seahawks, the best is yet to come.