My sources confirm Grubb will be hired as OC(RUMOR)

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
I love the fact that our staff is fresh from college ranked as well. They have good insights into the players coming out. Much like PC did his first couple years.

RiverDog

Reaction score
This was taken at Dino's Pub in Renton last night as apparently Grubbs and JS went out for a drink and that's how the beans got spilled. My apologies to the OP.
JS and Grubbs

Attachments

• Grubbs JS.jpg
    Grubbs JS.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Allweatherfan

Reaction score
Nope.

It was nothing more than rumor/speculation at time of posting.

.net has always required the “source” the be revealed, this has not changed, nor will it because somebody got it right.
Is this because of the whole "we have a quarterback and his name is Carson Palmer" debacle? I remember that pretty clearly. Who was it that did that? Duncan's Dad? I wonder if he is still around lurking, or under a new screen name...

CactusJack

Reaction score
Does he? And what scheme is that?
Yes, he shares a lot of similar traits with Penix imo. Both are extremely accurate passers. They we're in shotgun upwards of 80% at UW. Geno has plenty of experience in a spread like system, going back to his days at WV. Grubb's offense has a lot of vertical concepts. Which Geno should thrive in.

Penix might be on their radar. But I would be absolutely shocked if they moved on from Geno this offseason.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Yes, he shares a lot of similar traits with Penix imo. Both are extremely accurate passers. They we're in shotgun upwards of 80% at UW. Geno has plenty of experience in a spread like system, going back to his days at WV. Grubb's offense has a lot of vertical concepts. Which Geno should thrive in.

Penix might be on their radar. But I would be absolutely shocked if they moved on from Geno this offseason.
I respectfully disagree. Geno struggles to get the ball out on time, Penix is great at this. Geno has simply awful pocket awareness. Penix can feel pressure very well. I think Geno would struggle to run Grubs offense with its constant changes at the LOS. We're going to find out pretty quick isn't there a pending event with Geno's contract on the 16th? I'm convinced they are taking a QB in the draft.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. Geno struggles to get the ball out on time, Penix is great at this. Geno has simply awful pocket awareness. Penix can feel pressure very well. I think Geno would struggle to run Grubs offense with its constant changes at the LOS. We're going to find out pretty quick isn't there a pending event with Geno's contract on the 16th? I'm convinced they are taking a QB in the draft.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We'll see. If I were a betting man, my money would be on Lock and a rookie.
I don't bet on people but given the choice I would prefer it turns out this way, even though I have been a steady supporter for Geno. I think we need the money more than we need Geno at this juncture.
Oh, props to OP! Your sources turned out to be better this time than the MSN newsfeed clickbait lip flappers. Good call!

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Totally agree with this, Penix was very good at getting the ball out quickly. Geno this year held on to the ball way to many times looking for the big play. He won't be able to do that in Grubs offense.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Well if we're going to go all out being young with the coaches...save the money and go with Lock...there's going to be growing pains all around...go with the younger QB until we draft a QB for the future.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Totally agree with this, Penix was very good at getting the ball out quickly. Geno this year held on to the ball way to many times looking for the big play. He won't be able to do that in Grubs offense.
IMO Geno has not been very good at the short game in general. I think the short game is the bread and butter of a passing offense. Long balls are the icing for a cake. I think it's time to move on from Geno, who will be tasked with learning a completely new offensive scheme and therefore will not have that advantage over Lock and/or a rookie in the short term.

Latest posts