More on Lance

knownone

Reaction score
Because it's fun to watch a high pick turn out to be a bust when it's for a rival team? Don't pretend like most NFL fans of all teams don't feel that way.
Sometimes it's fun. But considering the Niners haven't taken a step back, and they just destroyed us in the playoffs, it feels more petty than fun.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Sometimes it's fun. But considering the Niners haven't taken a step back, and they just destroyed us in the playoffs, it feels more petty than fun.
Such is my hatred for the 9ers that I can live with petty or worse when it comes to the 9ers. I don't quite root for a team plane crash - but despite that restraint it isn't a healthy level of dislike.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Lol knbr gave Lance a D grade, whereas Darnold got a B plus and Allen an A.

I see 5 Golden Rings attempting to put this on the ol in Webzone, and hilariously witnessed Grant Cohn say that game was a Shanahan conspiracy to MAKE Lance look bad. They’re like the equivalent of john63 on Russ.

Trey had all of 2021 practicing as no 2, not no 3. But in relief, he didn’t perform. 2022, BOTH you and Bears endured identical weather that they weren’t used to either, but the better qb won. Then the Seattle game where he’s out for the season after being sandwiched legally by what was let’s face it not a stellar defense. You guys carted him around so he’d feel included on his Little scooter including to Mexico City and what the hell did he absorb? Or does he just give advice And inspiration?

My interest as a Hawks fan really is to hope this denial continues, but just objectively I don’t get how anyone Doesn’t see him as a bust.

OK...so SEVERAL things here....

1) I keep telling you guys not to listen to Grant Cohn. This is yet another example. He's just fishing for clicks.
2) In 2021, Trey Lance kept the season alive by beating the Texans. He did what he always seems to do...start slow and improve as the game goes on.
3) In 2022, the weather DID impact both QBs. Fields was awful. He was 8-17 for 121 yards and 51 of those yards came on a broken play. The weather impacted Trey far more than Fields because the real downpour didn't start until late in the game when the 49ers were down and forced to throw the ball. Thats why the attempt discrepency is 17 for Fields and 28 for Lance. These are the things you learn when you actually WATCH the game.

You seem to have this really weird fetish about Trey remaining with the team while he was hurt. No clue what your issue is.

Trey may very well never be the QB he was drafted to be and may end up being one of the worst trades ever....but you guys harp on this while the 49ers have one of the best rosters in the NFL right now, Purdy is the unquestioned starter at QB, and the 49ers rolled you three times last year.

Let it go man. Let it go.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You sound like closet 49ers fanboyism rather than facing reality, to me...but hey, this is the Internet, you can have any opinion you want; regardless of whether it has any merit or not.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marv, “fetish” is an interesting way to describe the 49ers campaign around Lance last year Whereas it was obvious it was just another snow job.

The Niners relentlessly hyped him every week after injury. His supposed “insights” and how he was allegedly picking up the mental on the Shanahan system. The 49ers Twitter quit hyping him around Christmas. Think why that was.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

From the "Show more" on that... uh... what are tweets called now? Nah, don't bother telling me. No need. The company won't exist long enough for me to need to memorize what it calls things.
Anyway, from the "Show more" on that thing formerly known as a tweet:

Lance really needs a year or two starting for the XFL or USFL or something before he can be NFL-viable.

There's an assumption here that Lance will turn out to be good enough to be an NFL-viable QB. I don't believe there's enough evidence to assume that. About 54% of Lance's since-middle-school attempts were in college, in a very weak conference. There's a really good chance Lance, even with a bunch of reps in a lesser league like the XFL or USFL, just never gets good enough to be even a decent NFL backup QB. I'm not even convinced he could be a decent QB in a top college conference.

bileever

Reaction score
I know this is off-topic but that Trey Lance TD pass was Jamal Adams-level bad hands by the Raiders DB.

Even more comical is that the deflection was made by Duke Shelley and caught by TE Ross Dwelley.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I know this is off-topic but that Trey Lance TD pass was Jamal Adams-level bad hands by the Raiders DB.

Even more comical is that the deflection was made by Duke Shelley and caught by TE Ross Dwelley.

Yeah it was funny. The Raider picked it off and pitched a lateral to the 49er tight end Lmfao 🤣

Marvin49

Reaction score
Marv, “fetish” is an interesting way to describe the 49ers campaign around Lance last year Whereas it was obvious it was just another snow job.

The Niners relentlessly hyped him every week after injury. His supposed “insights” and how he was allegedly picking up the mental on the Shanahan system. The 49ers Twitter quit hyping him around Christmas. Think why that was.

"Fetish"

You are the only one who cares. There was no campaign. He stayed around the team. He broke down coverages for Brock. Brock said he was invaluable.

Why on earth do you take any issue with that? Isn't that what you WANT your backup QB to do?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
"Fetish"

You are the only one who cares. There was no campaign. He stayed around the team. He broke down coverages for Brock. Brock said he was invaluable.

Why on earth do you take any issue with that? Isn't that what you WANT your backup QB to do?

JimmyG was around advising Brock, too. Cmon, if you’re Brock you’re going to be going to Jimmy G first with questions logically as he had just played Shanahan’s system.

Trey simply Did not have the reps nor record to advise Brock on anything. On the contrary, Trey should have been sponging it up as to how Brock manages the quick release having already read the defense, but clearly he hasn’t shown he’s absorbed much.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JimmyG was around advising Brock, too. Cmon, if you’re Brock you’re going to be going to Jimmy G first with questions logically as he had just played Shanahan’s system.

Trey simply Did not have the reps nor record to advise Brock on anything. On the contrary, Trey should have been sponging it up as to how Brock manages the quick release having already read the defense, but clearly he hasn’t shown he’s absorbed much.

....and reading that I still have no clue what your issue was.

Trey asked Shanahan what he could do. Shanahan told him he could break down protections first and did more later for Brock. He did so.

So....what is the issue here? Trey asked to help and he did what he was told.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
....and reading that I still have no clue what your issue was.

Trey asked Shanahan what he could do. Shanahan told him he could break down protections first and did more later for Brock. He did so.

So....what is the issue here? Trey asked to help and he did what he was told.

Do you really believe this story? If Trey was so valuable in explaining protections why is he not showing it in real life like Brock has?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Do you really believe this story? If Trey was so valuable in explaining protections why is he not showing it in real life like Brock has?

I mean it came directly from Brock Purdy and Kyle Shanahan...so not really sure what they have to gain by simply answering a question.

Believe it or not, but not everything is a conspiracy.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I mean it came directly from Brock Purdy and Kyle Shanahan...so not really sure what they have to gain by simply answering a question.

Believe it or not, but not everything is a conspiracy.
Or it's an attempt to save face for missing so hard on Lance?

Do you ever get tired of eating bullshit?