Mike Jackson

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Anyone here think Seattle played Jackson on Adams yesterday to somewhat “test” what they have with Jackson?

The easy strategy would have been put Woolen on Adams all snaps. But Seattle lined up Jackson on Adams on a lot of snaps.

I think Seattle wanted to know how Jackson would respond against a top WR and see if he was up to par.

For the most part, considering a lack of pass rush and the Raiders going run heavy, Jackson did okay for the second tier corner.

However, if, the Raiders went pass heavy, I think Jackson would have been torched on a lot of plays and Adams would have had at least 130 yards and a TD.

Jackson, opposite of Woolen, was okay, I think Carroll, is still unset with corner opposite of Woolen.

Jackson, may not be the starting guy next season…

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Not to sound rude but no, I just think that the Raiders lined up Adams on Jackson's side of the field.

Woolen plays left, Jackson right side. The Raiders clearly didn't want to test Woolen
That’s crazy.

I mean Woolen is good but Adams is a gold standard receiver in his own right.

I wouldn’t necessarily be scared to line up Adams on Woolen if I was Josh McDaniel, but, considering, Seattle was beat badly anyways, it doesn’t matter.

It would have been entertaining to see Adams versus Woolen, but for what ever reason the Raiders decided not to do that and they didn’t have too since they got the win rather easily on the ground.

Oh well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Again, why not put your best cover guy on their best WR? Way too much being made of how they play defense. Screw that, best WR in football maybe, put your best cover guy on him.
I agree, however that's how Pete and co have always utilized their corners.

Only time I can remember a corner shadowing a receiver was Sherman following AJ Green in 2015 vs Cincinnati when Cary Williams was getting torched.
Sherm also shadowed Dez Bryant a couple times we played Dallas. Otherwise, they're pretty set with having the corners stay on their side.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fine, agree to disagree. Best WR should be covered by the best cover corner. I'm not changing my mind on that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well he only had 72 yards so clearly it's moot. The tale of the game was Jacobs running a million miles against our defense.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Not to sound rude but no, I just think that the Raiders lined up Adams on Jackson's side of the field.

Woolen plays left, Jackson right side. The Raiders clearly didn't want to test Woolen
It baffles me that there are still some who don't understand we don't have a CB1 or a CB2 spot on defense. It has always been LCB and RCB.

It would be like having Cross and Lucas swap spots depending on where Aaron Donald lines up every play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even close to the same. Players follow the best WR all the time in the NFL. Just because Pete does things a certain way, doesn't mean that he can't adjust his thinking.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Weird game to harp on regarding shadowing. Tariq took that side of the field away from Adams, and perhaps the best receiver in the game of football was held to less than 80 yards on the day. Adams had his worst game in weeks.

In the 3 games prior, Adams hadn't been held under 125 yards a single time. Seattle held him to 74.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True dat. And he knows 75 times more about football than any of us. I guess I just don't buy the stubborn approach. We do thing this way, and that's that.
Meh, adjust. Other teams do.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score

PeachesNCreme

Reaction score
This is always a fun read. Most don't do it, but there still are some that do shadow. I don't give a rip if it's not how the Hawks do things. All I'm saying is that I was hoping they would have him shadow Adams.

None of that actually gives us any information. How many snaps did they shadow?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus man, let it go. Some guys still shadow. Don't like my opinion, move on. JFC this place sometimes.
I wanted them to Shadow the best WR with our best coverage corner. Oh the horror.........

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. And I answered. There are players who shadow, I wish Pete would tell his DC to let our best cover guy shadow if needed.