Matt Ryan - Russell Wilson Season numbers

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1samws0a said:
Hawkpower":1samws0a said:
The OP didnt say Russ had a better season.

He said that despite the injuries and poor line, he expected the gap to be bigger.

Did you read it, or just assume?

I only read the part about the "whopping 45 ypg less than Ryan"... hence my reply.

Glad the OP had him on fantasy though... for the most part if you had any of Atlanta's #1 DVOA offense on your fantasy you probably had a good season.

So you assumed and were wrong.

Not surprised.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":lsedklhu said:
uncle fester":lsedklhu said:
Yup, Russ being 28 kinda surprised me too. That and despite hobbling around on crutches for half the season, averaged a whopping(?) 45 yards passing per game less than Ryan.

RW Wilson had a good season no doubt. Ryan had a better season.

You either have a hard time comprehending what is typed, or you just like to argue.

Sometimes in life you should only open your mouth after your ears and eyes.

chris98251

Reaction score
I really don't see how you can compare a passing offense QB with a balanced offense QB, the numbers won't be equivalent, comparing Ryan with Rogers or Brees is a more favorable comparison.

Having said that, with a young line, a multiple injuries and no running back to speak of half the season I think Wilson showed well.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW while he's on the attack, and him after he gets flamed and back tracks, saying he's just "here for positive football talk"

Attachments

• rps20170113_104059.jpg
    rps20170113_104059.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,842
  • 9d271ce044df8d8952c7a7922c0377191fd4b1048b1e56ef508919f850d3c35e.jpg
    9d271ce044df8d8952c7a7922c0377191fd4b1048b1e56ef508919f850d3c35e.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,842

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Atlanta fans are making me want to take a temporary short break from dot net.

Falcons are a great team, and I have a lot of respect for them but if their fans could act like they belong then maybe that'd help them not be as insecure. They are literally replying to anything and everything. Kind of reminds me of Trump on Twitter.

It shows that they are not used to being THIS good because their team is very good.

toffee

Reaction score
If the "vs Patriots" Hawks show up at Atlanta, we could teach them Hawks a lesson. If the "bad" Hawks show up, we will be embarrassed.

Lacking in consistency is on the coaching, wondering if Pete will make some staff changes this off season?

SyCOLA

Reaction score
chris98251":ggpg7wrh said:
I really don't see how you can compare a passing offense QB with a balanced offense QB, the numbers won't be equivalent, comparing Ryan with Rogers or Brees is a more favorable comparison.

Having said that, with a young line, a multiple injuries and no running back to speak of half the season I think Wilson showed well.
Russell Wilson threw the ball 546 times. Matt Ryan threw the ball 534 times

Seattle ran the ball 403 times for 99.4 ypg or #26 in the NFL.

Atlanta fan the ball 421 times for 120.5 ypg or #5 in the NFL

pcbball12

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":6ti69hny said:

Falcons are a great team, and I have a lot of respect for them but if their fans could act like they belong then maybe that'd help them not be as insecure. They are literally replying to anything and everything. Kind of reminds me of Trump on Twitter.

It shows that they are not used to being THIS good because their team is very good.
Ya, they are very good and I actually really enjoy watching them. I have a hard time not rooting for DQ when it is not against the Hawks. However, a lot of the Flacons posters in here are acting as if they went 15-1 or 14-2 and are unbeatable.

chris98251

Reaction score
SyCOLA":2yuffxuf said:
chris98251":2yuffxuf said:

I had not looked at the stats, that does surprise me I would never had thought he was throwing that often, thinking about it though it makes some sense since the run game wasn't getting 1st and second down yards he had to.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
We used the bubble screens and quick slants almost as an extension of the running game. I can only imagine the number Russ would put up if he was playing behind the Dallas Oline

lobohawk

Reaction score
Non-Hawk fans completely ignore the impact of Wilson's injuries because he fought through them and played. Like he was just a little dinged up. Most QBs would have skipped multiple games from those injuries, much less still put up those numbers.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I take umbrage with these stats !

There's no way Wilson weighs 206 lbs. He's more like 220. That is all.

SyCOLA

Reaction score
chris98251":2hzheebv said:
SyCOLA":2hzheebv said:
chris98251":2hzheebv said:

I had not looked at the stats, that does surprise me I would never had thought he was throwing that often, thinking about it though it makes some sense since the run game wasn't getting 1st and second down yards he had to.

Yea but.. Wilson still had a great season considering the circumstances. I was shocked he threw over 4k. Just imagine if he had been healthy all year and the line was farther along

BadgerVid

Reaction score
lobohawk":4bffd240 said:
Non-Hawk fans completely ignore the impact of Wilson's injuries because he fought through them and played. Like he was just a little dinged up. Most QBs would have skipped multiple games from those injuries, much less still put up those numbers.

In my opinion, even too many 'Hawks fans don't take into account that RW3 injury-wise is himself for the first time since the second week of the season. Last week was the first without the brace and it appeared to me he was encouraged not to be Houdini. I'm expecting (almost said hoping) to see the old Russell magic back the rest of the trip.

JMO/YMMV

droop828

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":12jhpsw6 said:
uncle fester":12jhpsw6 said:
Yup, Russ being 28 kinda surprised me too. That and despite hobbling around on crutches for half the season, averaged a whopping(?) 45 yards passing per game less than Ryan.

5% less completion rate
4 more picks
16 less TDs

... to go with the 700 less yards.

RW Wilson had a good season no doubt. Ryan had a better season.

Yep. Nobody said Russ had a better season so what in the world is your freaking point, fella? Russ was hurt basically 75 percent of the season. Russ also doesn't have the offensive talent Ryan does. Bottom line is that RW is a proven winner and Ryan isn't. Let's see what happens, bub.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3449jgqg said:

I hear you. They are invading every thread. Prior to this week, if it wasn't the Seahawks, the Falcons would have been the team I preferred to win it all. Now, I will actively root against them no matter who they play. I hope they never win anything, ever, just so we hopefully don't hear from them again. They really have been a pathetic bunch.

Tony Diesel

Reaction score
classicaaron":wuzo7bvg said:
Ryan definitely has the numbers this year. But between the two I cant even imagine a Falcons fan who wouldn't want Wilson on their team during crunch time.

First off, love Russ.

Not only has he proven all the naysayers wrong about being an undersized qb, he's a great leader and all-around nice guy. One of my favorite players outside of my own team.

That being said, I take Matty Ice all day.

Matt has had some pretty horrible o-lines in the past, but has proven, if given adequate protection, he can and will destroy any defense.

He has received great protection this year, so you now see what kind of numbers he was able to produce.

Unfortunately, Seattle was the one team that was able to generate a lot of pressure on Matt this year.

It's going to be Strength against Strength!

Can't wait!

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3e1hnfxx said:
We used the bubble screens and quick slants almost as an extension of the running game. I can only imagine the number Russ would put up if he was playing behind the Dallas Oline
I imagine they would be at best the same since Dallas O is run through the ground game thus Russ would have been throwing a lot less. Especially considering Dak only attempted 26 more passes than Brady in 4 more games.

hawk45

Reaction score
I would take Matt Ryan in the first half of a playoff game all day. I am not saying Matt isn't good in the last half, rather that Russell is bad in the first half.

Latest posts