Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
2_0_6":1edj96jf said:
SanDiego49er":1edj96jf said:
What is the incentive FOR HIM to play just 1 game? What does he make on this? Like $100,000? That's small time for a pro athlete. It's not a whole season salary. I get why the team is desperate enough to do this. Is he even in football shape? The NFL doesn't work like that. You don't just take years off and come back for week 17 after years away and be in football shape. Wow. I don't even know what to say. I thought this stuff was a joke. They are really doing this?

:shock:

Years huh?

Cool.

He was away for years from Seattle. Yes he played for Oakland in 2018. He had 376 yards on the season in 2018. Not exactly the type of numbers we were used to seeing from Beast Mode in his prime. Who knows where he is it? I'm not sure if they have many better options. Maybe he is a great option if he is in great shape. No doubt when in top shape he has always been a great player for the most part over time.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gw8qqz5 said:
rcaido":2gw8qqz5 said:
Wow this is awesome, should get Turbin too.

If only we can get Bennett this would be complete!

Turbin?

You're thinking too small. Let's also sign Shaun Alexander, Curt Warner, John L. Williams and Ricky Waters.

I mean, we'll probably lose 45-3, so why not make it fun for the fans with the parade of Seahawk RB's of Christmas past.
I was thinking Mo Morris.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2od59tle said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1209232965865074688[/tweet]

SIGN EVERYONE!!................YOU GET A JERSEY!..................YOU GET A JERSEY!...............YOU GET A JERSEY!!

JNhU5Tt

Threedee

Reaction score
pmedic920":38gss75r said:
queer49ers":38gss75r said:
The 12th man will be wearing 49er jerseys this Sunday. Expect more than half of the stadium to be pulling for the 49ers. I thought Seahawk fans were loyal? Thank you for selling your tickets to 49er fans. It will be a great day to watch them win and seal the number one seed. The12th man looks good in 49er jerseys.

PeHawk?
William Cooper?

Awesome 1st post

Pehawk may be a lot of things, but WC (British for bathroom, I might add) is a low blow.

Redsand187

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":3ej72qf2 said:
What is the incentive FOR HIM to play just 1 game? What does he make on this? Like $100,000? That's small time for a pro athlete. It's not a whole season salary. I get why the team is desperate enough to do this. Is he even in football shape? The NFL doesn't work like that. You don't just take years off and come back for week 17 after years away and be in football shape. Wow. I don't even know what to say. I thought this stuff was a joke. They are really doing this?

It's almost certainly for fun. I am sure every retired NFL player would love to suit up for a few more games, but doesn't want to continue to dedicate their life to it. Shawn gets to scratch his itch to play, Seattle gets a warm body on the roster who at the very least will bring in HUGE attention if not playing ability

knownone

Reaction score
Redsand187":h87237lv said:
SanDiego49er":h87237lv said:

It's almost certainly for fun. I am sure every retired NFL player would love to suit up for a few more games, but doesn't want to continue to dedicate their life to it. Shawn gets to scratch his itch to play, Seattle gets a warm body on the roster who at the very least will bring in HUGE attention if not playing ability
On top of that, he kind of left a sour taste in some peoples mouth after missing the bus for the Vikings playoff game without telling anyone. This is pretty much the ultimate redemption arc with very little downside. I said it last night, if he helps us beat the 49ers or even advance far in the playoffs, it will be the one of the greatest moments in Seahawks / Seattle history.

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1209229216476065793[/tweet]
Looks like they might have another option as well
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1209232719831617536[/tweet]
Homer is the only guy right now, so Maybe they can sign all three of Lynch, Anderson and Ajayi.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Threedee":f1f4l7v8 said:
pmedic920":f1f4l7v8 said:
queer49ers":f1f4l7v8 said:
The 12th man will be wearing 49er jerseys this Sunday. Expect more than half of the stadium to be pulling for the 49ers. I thought Seahawk fans were loyal? Thank you for selling your tickets to 49er fans. It will be a great day to watch them win and seal the number one seed. The12th man looks good in 49er jerseys.

PeHawk?
William Cooper?

Awesome 1st post

Pehawk may be a lot of things, but WC (British for bathroom, I might add) is a low blow.

Did you read the post he made?

I’d have gone lower if there was an option.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The injury-plagued Seahawks are looking to add a running back or two this week, and the big name up for discussion is Marshawn Lynch. But he’s not the only running back they’re considering.

The Seahawks also tried out C.J. Anderson and hosted Robert Turbin on a visit today, Field Yates of ESPN reports.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... awn-lynch/

John63

Reaction score
well there goes any chance of running a real, winning offense

Elemas

Reaction score
I don't see the harm in this. It's a great "marketing" move.

Plus, Marshawn is unpredictable. He may come in with a chip on his shoulder.

Optimism, hope...that's about all one can go with now. You just have to manage it....

I've never witnessed this big of a swing in sports. Before the AZ game, I was thinking division and conference. And just like that....I'm doubtful we'll make it past the first round. Bringing BeastMode back will at least make the last part of this ride as "enjoyable" as it can be considering the circumstances.

Chawker

Reaction score
Sure! Sign Beast Mode, sign Walter Jones and Payton Manning while we are at it. Its not going to stop a sinking ship. If they do sign Marshawn Please god DON'T start him. Sign him for insurance reasons only.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":1yly5l2o said:

You may not know this about Marshawn, but he has never spent a penny if his football salaries earned throughout his career. He's lived on endorsement money, etc. I say this because you're right, the 100 K will mean next to nothing to him.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":22yxztmv said:
Threedee":22yxztmv said:
pmedic920":22yxztmv said:
queer49ers":22yxztmv said:

PeHawk?
William Cooper?

Awesome 1st post

Did you read the post he made?

I’d have gone lower if there was an option.

Denver girl??

Tamerlane

Reaction score
At this point, as others have said, why not? There is nothing to lose. There aren't great options left after 31 other teams have secured 3-4 running backs each. I hope they promote Xavier Turner and maybe make one other move to have every option available. Beating the 49ers with team health as it is will be more than a "tall order".

For what it's worth, last year PFF gave Lynch a subjective run grade of 76.4 and pass blocking grade of 83.2. In their more objective Elusive Rating, which emphasizes forced missed tackles and yards after contact, Lynch beasted to #5 rank out of 62 running backs. This at least gives a tiny glimmer of hope given the devastated condition of the offensive line and tight end core.

If nothing else it's an incredible story and a great reunion for fans at the stadium who will no doubt show their appreciation if he's signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts