Mariners trade Eugenio Suárez to Diamondbacks for 2 players

beastalamode

Reaction score
I don’t like the return, two projects? But, if you were going to improve this starting lineup what would you do. How confident were you last year when geno Suarez came to the plate.

2nd base obviously is a spot we could improve, and an outfield slugger. Suarez’s leadership and personality are what I liked the most about him but I do think we needed an upgrade at third, which is NOT what dipstick did… I hate to say it but first base needs to be better too. We have a cf, ss, catcher, and some good pitching. I don’t want to see Ty France go but he needs some help/competition over there at first.Ty and another slugger would be a good first base/dh combo.

Dipstick says you need a deep roster at this level, whatever idiot, that doesn’t mean go get a bunch of 4a never gonna do its. He has traded all our real major leaguers for minor leaguers. And for all the things he did when he started deleting the cano’s and boom sticks and real closers, there is no one left except jarred Kelenic. No segura no haniger no Diego Castillo, no Abraham toro no winker (thank god) no Suarez, no wong.
And think of all the young stars he traded… What trades has he made that he hasn’t given up on… Luis Castillo…. That didn’t take much thought to keep him… even signing Robbie ray was a mistake. And everyone talks about how he has upgraded our farm system, well, the farm is getting bare again and for as heralded as it was it sure didn’t produce much fruit.

Dipsticks moves are like a whole bunch of shuffling and posturing all for nothing. Like if he moves enough players no one will notice how much they all suck.

I will never get over the Kendall graveman fiasco. That was the most damaging, pointless, and useless move ever and after he did it he said “there’s another move coming that will make this move make sense” Diego Castillo… dfa’d

Dipstick is a disgruntled former reliever who is probably still angry that he was always just a mediocre trade chip. He doesn’t acquire any players because they are the right move. He just gets as many as he can and hopes at least one of them is any good.
That Graveman trade was devastating. All because they didn't want to pay him in the off-season

Xxx

Reaction score
This is typical for them lol.

I have a question for fans here, why would you choose to continue to support this team? When Ownership & management have consistently demonstrated that finances come first. Always have, and always will.

So why stay loyal?

If the Hawks ever have an owner that operates like that, I'm out.
I don’t support them with my money. 710 AM is free (for now) so I will still listen cause I love the m’s more than Macklemore does

Xxx

Reaction score
That Graveman trade was devastating. All because they didn't want to pay him in the off-season
They should have paid him because he would have been a cornerstone anchor leader and dominating force and he would still be here. His presence made our team better and he was the voice of wisdom and experience that the young team needed. Just like sewald was. And who was the guy he traded for Teoscar? Another anchor…

Oh yeah Eric swanson

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We don’t have another team.
They live in Seattle
I live in Seattle
I like baseball
It's who we have, it's what we have.

That said, when you say support.. what do you mean? go to baseball games, pay for their products? I don't go to a lot of games, I don't purchase sport specific merchandise, does that make me a non supporter?

Xxx

Reaction score
They live in Seattle
I live in Seattle
I like baseball
It's who we have, it's what we have.

That said, when you say support.. what do you mean? go to baseball games, pay for their products? I don't go to a lot of games, I don't purchase sport specific merchandise, does that make me a non supporter?
I got a free jersey from key bank and I listen to 710

86Hawk

Reaction score
I never in my life thought I would say this but..........I'm seriously considering not going to a single Mariners game all of the 2024 season.
I'm just about done.......
This is exactly how I feel right now. Why should I even care. Usually go to about 10 games a year. Tired of lining Stantons pockets with no return.

Xxx

Reaction score
My brain agrees with you man. My heart is saying there's no way. I live in Idaho so I don't make any games at the field, but I hope everyone who usually goes boycots this year if they don't do anything. I know I won't be paying for FUBO and Hulu at the same time for the baseball season again if that's the case. (Wife refused to give up Hulu lol)
We are so in the same boat. My wife watches Hulu, she doesn’t even know what fubu is

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
We are so in the same boat. My wife watches Hulu, she doesn’t even know what fubu is
I originally told her I was going to stop it again (like I did the year before, because it makes sense financially), but we had a baby in January and she got 4.5 mo the off of work. She put a stop to that im about 3 seconds lol. So we "compromised" and she got to finish about every TV series on there lol.

Reactions: Xxx

DJrmb

Reaction score
Yup, I'm with you guys on not going to games next year if they don't start investing into the team enough to win (and honestly what they should be paying based on the highest in baseball amount of profits they've been making). I didn't attend any this year after I was pissed at the lack of offseason moves. I won't go next year either unless they show somehow they're committed to pay enough to truly compete. Unfortunately, that's going to be hard this year with the lack of quality free agents available...

So far it's not looking good too... they were 18th in payroll last year. Now minus Teo (highest arbitration salary in history) and minus Suarez (top 3 paid on the team), they're going the wrong direction... They better use that money for some much needed talent!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm happy for Eugenio. He now gets to play for a team that is a real contender rather than a pretender.

bileever

Reaction score
So according to Vegas, the Mariners have a decent chance of signing Shohei Ohtani. I didn't know this but Ohtani spends the off-season living in Seattle, so he must like it. Not great odds, but at least they may be in the running:

"Ohtani spent last off-season in Seattle, perhaps giving the promise-filled Seattle Mariners a shot to go very big if they so choose.

If Ohtani seeks a prove-it deal of 1-2 seasons, that could give teams like the Mariners incentive to go bigger than they've ever gone. He's also spent the last two off-seasons in Seattle and has talked fondly of the city and its fans."

• Love

Xxx

Reaction score
So according to Vegas, the Mariners have a decent chance of signing Shohei Ohtani. I didn't know this but Ohtani spends the off-season living in Seattle, so he must like it. Not great odds, but at least they may be in the running:

"Ohtani spent last off-season in Seattle, perhaps giving the promise-filled Seattle Mariners a shot to go very big if they so choose.

If Ohtani seeks a prove-it deal of 1-2 seasons, that could give teams like the Mariners incentive to go bigger than they've ever gone. He's also spent the last two off-seasons in Seattle and has talked fondly of the city and its fans."

Please please give me ohtani for Christmas

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree that Geno wasn't great at the plate, but he played a gold glove third base. I'm all for moving on from Geno, but not for a back up catcher. The return was awful. This feels like a salary dump, and that's probably what it is.

If the team doesn't improve, Julio should ask for a trade.

As for the fans, Mariners fans are soft. I remember back in the early 2000's, a group of Sonics fans paid money to fly a plane with a banner that said, "FIRE WALLY WALKER" before the game. A bunch of fans also protested outside the Key Arena. Mariner fans are too loyal and soft, and that's why management gets away with this. They know they can continue to make money and fans will support. Have you seen the LookoutLanding forum. That's the biggest following of M's fans and they are beyond loyal. They probably think that this salary dump is a move to get Ohtani.

getnasty

Reaction score
Just can't envision a scenario where they let Geno go for absolutely nothing without something else in place.

Xxx

Reaction score
I agree that Geno wasn't great at the plate, but he played a gold glove third base. I'm all for moving on from Geno, but not for a back up catcher. The return was awful. This feels like a salary dump, and that's probably what it is.

If the team doesn't improve, Julio should ask for a trade.

As for the fans, Mariners fans are soft. I remember back in the early 2000's, a group of Sonics fans paid money to fly a plane with a banner that said, "FIRE WALLY WALKER" before the game. A bunch of fans also protested outside the Key Arena. Mariner fans are too loyal and soft, and that's why management gets away with this. They know they can continue to make money and fans will support. Have you seen the LookoutLanding forum. That's the biggest following of M's fans and they are beyond loyal. They probably think that this salary dump is a move to get Ohtani.
He ain’t even a backup… career .210 avg

sutz

Reaction score
This is a salary dump, and to make room for someone with higher bat to ball skills. Face it, in 2023 Geno was anything but clutch. He was 2d on the team in Ks, and how many of those were with men on base or in scoring position. We need a couple of contact hitters, and ease off on the power hitters.

You figure there are 2-3 months out of the year when anybody's HR numbers will be below their norms. Have to live with that and get some guys who can play some small ball when we need it.

As for return, I've heard some say the pitcher is a decent reliever. The catcher sounds like a AAA break glass in emergency guy.

Xxx

Reaction score
This is a salary dump, and to make room for someone with higher bat to ball skills. Face it, in 2023 Geno was anything but clutch. He was 2d on the team in Ks, and how many of those were with men on base or in scoring position. We need a couple of contact hitters, and ease off on the power hitters.

You figure there are 2-3 months out of the year when anybody's HR numbers will be below their norms. Have to live with that and get some guys who can play some small ball when we need it.

As for return, I've heard some say the pitcher is a decent reliever. The catcher sounds like a AAA break glass in emergency guy.
The pitcher is described as a hundred mile flame thrower with a wipe out slider and poor command. Sounds like something that this team can work with. The catcher… I don’t know why they wanted him except maybe organizational depth