Mariners trade Eugenio Suárez to Diamondbacks for 2 players

DJrmb

Reaction score
Cal and JP are probably on his hit list and actively being shopped because of the comments they made about spending in FA 🤣

bileever

Reaction score
Matt Chapman a free agent this year. A year younger than Geno, but strikes out almost as much. Or maybe Jeimer Candelario? Younger, doesn't strike out much, but less power than Suarez or Chapman.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
My brain agrees with you man. My heart is saying there's no way. I live in Idaho so I don't make any games at the field, but I hope everyone who usually goes boycots this year if they don't do anything. I know I won't be paying for FUBO and Hulu at the same time for the baseball season again if that's the case. (Wife refused to give up Hulu lol)

CactusJack

Reaction score
This is typical for them lol.

I have a question for fans here, why would you choose to continue to support this team? When Ownership & management have consistently demonstrated that finances come first. Always have, and always will.

So why stay loyal?

If the Hawks ever have an owner that operates like that, I'm out.

Last edited:

Xxx

Reaction score
My brain agrees with you man. My heart is saying there's no way. I live in Idaho so I don't make any games at the field, but I hope everyone who usually goes boycots this year if they don't do anything. I know I won't be paying for FUBO and Hulu at the same time for the baseball season again if that's the case. (Wife refused to give up Hulu lol)
Me neither on the fubu/Hulu. That’s such bs too two hundred dollars a month to watch tv and baseball

DJrmb

Reaction score
This is typical for them lol.

I have a question for fans here, why would you choose to continue to support this team? When Ownership & management have consistently demonstrated that finances come first. Always have, and always will.

So why stay loyal?

If the Hawks ever have an owner that operates like that, I'm out.
Ownership and management have all changed hands. I know I personally was hopeful the new people in charge would run it differently... So far not though...

CactusJack

Reaction score
Ownership and management have all changed hands. I know I personally was hopeful the new people in charge would run it differently... So far not though...
But wasn't Stanton part of the previous group? He bought a bigger piece of the pie (majority)? Or maybe I'm completely wrong?? But I thought he owned a smaller share?

Either way, not much has changed.

Xxx

Reaction score
I don’t like the return, two projects? But, if you were going to improve this starting lineup what would you do. How confident were you last year when geno Suarez came to the plate.

2nd base obviously is a spot we could improve, and an outfield slugger. Suarez’s leadership and personality are what I liked the most about him but I do think we needed an upgrade at third, which is NOT what dipstick did… I hate to say it but first base needs to be better too. We have a cf, ss, catcher, and some good pitching. I don’t want to see Ty France go but he needs some help/competition over there at first.Ty and another slugger would be a good first base/dh combo.

Dipstick says you need a deep roster at this level, whatever idiot, that doesn’t mean go get a bunch of 4a never gonna do its. He has traded all our real major leaguers for minor leaguers. And for all the things he did when he started deleting the cano’s and boom sticks and real closers, there is no one left except jarred Kelenic. No segura no haniger no Diego Castillo, no Abraham toro no winker (thank god) no Suarez, no wong.
And think of all the young stars he traded… What trades has he made that he hasn’t given up on… Luis Castillo…. That didn’t take much thought to keep him… even signing Robbie ray was a mistake. And everyone talks about how he has upgraded our farm system, well, the farm is getting bare again and for as heralded as it was it sure didn’t produce much fruit.

Dipsticks moves are like a whole bunch of shuffling and posturing all for nothing. Like if he moves enough players no one will notice how much they all suck.

I will never get over the Kendall graveman fiasco. That was the most damaging, pointless, and useless move ever and after he did it he said “there’s another move coming that will make this move make sense” Diego Castillo… dfa’d

Dipstick is a disgruntled former reliever who is probably still angry that he was always just a mediocre trade chip. He doesn’t acquire any players because they are the right move. He just gets as many as he can and hopes at least one of them is any good.

bileever

Reaction score
Just to play devil's advocate: I think Geno's numbers have steadily gone down. He had an OPS of .714 last year, after having an OPS of .791 the year before, which was way below that 4-year stretch he had from 2017 to 2020. Add to that his astronomical strikeout numbers and salary and it makes sense to replace him.

I hope they're not thinking that Luis Urias is going to play third, because while he may have had okay numbers for a second baseman, he's in no way a corner infielder from a hitting perspective.

Reactions: Xxx