Marc Trestman to be next Chicago Bears coach

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Yep, I like what he is able to do with Wilson. This way they can start preparing earlier. Last year the growth was amazing. Imagine our team if they started the season the way they finished. It may be soon that he gets another shot at HC

Pstark3

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2umpqwpj said:
Arizona's still sniffing around Bevell, fyi.
i'm amazed that Arizona isnt pushing harder for Lovie Smith, seems like he'd be a perfect fit there

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Pstark3":1oxvi189 said:
volsunghawk":1oxvi189 said:
Arizona's still sniffing around Bevell, fyi.
i'm amazed that Arizona isnt pushing harder for Lovie Smith, seems like he'd be a perfect fit there

I don't see that at all. They have Ray Horton who has done a fine job with their defense, and they need a guy who can develop a QB and solve some of the offensive issues they've had. Smith was fired from Chicago precisely BECAUSE he couldn't solve the Bears' offensive issues.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bevell is attractive because he has manufactured offense with some B list players and sticks with the run. Chicago is desperate for inventiveness, and Arizona is desperate for a run game. Actually, Arizona is just desperate.

Trestman was the better hire just based simply on experience. Bevell has never been a head coach at any level.

We can win a Super Bowl with Bevell. Not because of him, not in spite of him. As long as his Coordinating consists of letting Wilson do his thing and not trying to limit Wilson's potential with a conservative bend.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
When you have RW talking about how he wants him to stay, I would say this is a great thing!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sort of relieved. He's still going to get a look, but I certainly am not going to complain if we maintain continuity and Bevell continues to get production from our offense with his play designs (and Russell Wilson's scrambling).

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IMO, losing Bevell would have been more significant than Bradley. Both are excellent but the offense is starting to get in gear and Wilson seems to have a good rapport with Bevell's offense. As it's still progressing, a new offensive coordinator may disrupt the offense. While on defense, Pete plays an integral role so the defense is somewhat as much Pete as it is Bradley. Having a defense-minded HC, there shouldn't be a significant impact as it would be losing coaches on offense.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1bywo26d said:
IMO, losing Bevell would have been more significant than Bradley. Both are excellent but the offense is starting to get in gear and Wilson seems to have a good rapport with Bevell's offense. As it's still progressing, a new offensive coordinator may disrupt the offense. While on defense, Pete plays an integral role so the defense is somewhat as much Pete as it is Bradley. Having a defense-minded HC, there shouldn't be a significant impact as it would be losing coaches on offense.
Agree with this 100%

mistaowen

Reaction score
I've been pretty anti-Bevell for most of his tenure but we really started to pick up steam at the end of the season. I think that more has to do with how quickly RW learned the NFL ropes but he openly likes Bevell and I think another year in the same offense will make both parties better. If Bevell can improve on first half game plans against solid teams that sell out to take away passing or rushing, we should have a top 10 offense. I really like the read option that we added.