Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ruminator":1k4gdji2 said:
My hope is that if he's not able to engage in the more physical aspects of practice until he's more healed up, that he's at least well enough to be on the practice field wearing a no-contact red shirt. There's stuff to learn, and that would be better than nothing.

At this point, this is the best case scenario.

But for a rookie that we counted on to be a big part of the D-line rotation and make an impact, McDowell just pushed that timeline well into the season, maybe longer.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Seafan":1g0xybf9 said:
My question has been are his facial injuries lacerations or fractures. Huge difference.

Well the tweets from David Hsu say broken orbital bone. Let's hope he's wrong.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2cltbdp2 said:
Seafan":2cltbdp2 said:
My question has been are his facial injuries lacerations or fractures. Huge difference.

Hsu also cited the last 2-3 similar injuries in the NFL over the past couple of years, and the players were back anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

So good news IMO.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gw00o1y said:
gowazzu02":2gw00o1y said:
Seafan":2gw00o1y said:

Hsu also cited the last 2-3 similar injuries in the NFL over the past couple of years, and the players were back anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

So good news IMO.

Well if it happened 2 weeks ago as reported, then in 2-4 weeks he would be ready given that standard.

Also, this HSU cat is a Dr. correct?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2h32xlad said:

No. He was reporting a source.

Any direct medical information not shared by McDowell or with his permission would be a HIPAA violation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":35ryrhc6 said:
Sgt. Largent":35ryrhc6 said:
gowazzu02":35ryrhc6 said:
Seafan":35ryrhc6 said:

So good news IMO.

Well if it happened 2 weeks ago as reported, then in 2-4 weeks he would be ready given that standard.

I have no idea if he's a Dr, I just follow him on Twitter.

As far as McDowell goes, it's too soon to tell exactly when he'll be ready.......or even what "ready" means.

These other players weren't rookies before the opening day of camp. So it's a double whammy for him, he not only has to be physically ready to play, but learn all the schemes and prove to the coaches he's technique sound.

So I'd be shocked if he's any part of the D-line rotation when the season starts. He probably would have had limited snaps even if he was fully healthy and didn't miss any camp.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfish":2w65oy1v said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/892466240559513600[/tweet]

Which means we'll probably get more details tomorrow.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":nddqbtwi said:

Excellent. 24 more hours of speculation.

I say he was riding with Mike Tyson. :mrgreen:

12501558_510395419131980_1600992726_n.jpg

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And IF he's out for say half the season, that is adding some fresh legs when it could be needed. This guy has a huge opportunity to make this all right. Let alone prove many wrong who have writing him off before he plays a down in the NFL.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Rookies who miss training camp tend to struggle because they miss the learning period. With that said he is a DL. Probably the easiest position to get him on the field even if he misses significant time.

SoulfishHawk":2a69z3c9 said:
And IF he's out for say half the season, that is adding some fresh legs when it could be needed. This guy has a huge opportunity to make this all right. Let alone prove many wrong who have writing him off before he plays a down in the NFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To be clear as well, this DOESN"T mean he won't play or practice soon.

All we know as yet is that he suffered an injury which was a head injury that could possibly keep him out. For how long he might be out, or how severe the injury was is unknown.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":16cs82l0 said:
To be clear as well, this DOESN"T mean he won't play or practice soon..

He has a facial fracture, of course it means he won't practice soon.............at least not contact drills.

But he can certainly be present, take mental reps and be a part of the non contact drills once he clears his physical.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":y5e1cfht said:
jammerhawk":y5e1cfht said:

He has a facial fracture, of course it means he won't practice soon.............at least not contact drills.

But he can certainly be present, take mental reps and be a part of the non contact drills once he clears his physical.
Have we seen more than the Hsu quote to verify that? Just curious, but I don't trust single source info.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2bfbka1o said:
kidhawk":2bfbka1o said:

Excellent. 24 more hours of speculation.

I say he was riding with Mike Tyson. :mrgreen:

12501558_510395419131980_1600992726_n.jpg

Just found out that tomorrow is an off day, so it'll be more like 48 hours before any news comes out of camp.

naholmes

Reaction score
sutz":w2qp3vq1 said:
Sgt. Largent":w2qp3vq1 said:
jammerhawk":w2qp3vq1 said:

Have we seen more than the Hsu quote to verify that? Just curious, but I don't trust single source info.
Hsu seems to be the only source of information. Today Hsu is tweeting face ripped back to the ear and 90% done for the season. The way the things have been kept so secretive I've gotta believe that it's a very serious injury.

Chapow

Reaction score
naholmes":31vde2iv said:
Hsu seems to be the only source of information. Today Hsu is tweeting face ripped back to the ear and 90% done for the season. The way the things have been kept so secretive I've gotta believe that it's a very serious injury.

I hate it when my face gets ripped off, really puts a damper on my day.

Vibes Malik, get well soon bud.

Seymour

Reaction score
Chapow":wzm60051 said:
naholmes":wzm60051 said:

Well on the upside, this should scare the hell out of Brady and Palmer if nothing else. (assuming he sees the field before they retire.).

6c25bad65b89ee28559  zombie survival survival gear

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":3hukybm4 said:
Chapow":3hukybm4 said:
naholmes":3hukybm4 said:

Well on the upside, this should scare the hell out of Brady and Palmer if nothing else. (assuming he sees the field before they retire.).

6c25bad65b89ee28559  zombie survival survival gear
OK, that was funny. Your best post ever! :2thumbs: