Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2wwlc7jp said:
Jetski, wave runner, motorcycling, ATV....ect all fall under the same category to most.

Go read Pete's tweet again and hopefully you can figure the rest out yourself.

Even if someone agrees that these fall under the same dangerous category (which I don't).............Sherman did it in 2013, after a SB win and multiple Pro Bowls.

He earned the right and team's trust to have a little fun during rookie mini camp. McDowell should have been 100% focused on getting his ass to camp in the best shape of his life ready to take on the world. Not out messing around on a dangerous ATV 10 days before reporting not thinking of the potential consequences to himself and more importantly his new team.........of which he hasn't earned ANYONE'S respect yet.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2l9jlt69 said:
Seymour":2l9jlt69 said:
Jetski, wave runner, motorcycling, ATV....ect all fall under the same category to most.

Even if someone agrees that these fall under the same dangerous category (which I don't).............Sherman did it in 2013, after a SB win and multiple Pro Bowls.

He earned the right and team's trust to have a little fun during rookie mini camp. McDowell should have been 100% focused on getting his ass to camp in the best shape of his life ready to take on the world. Not out messing around on a dangerous ATV 10 days before reporting not thinking of the potential consequences to himself and more importantly his new team.........of which he hasn't earned ANYONE'S respect yet.

That was prior to our SB win. Rookie mini camp 2013, and no Pro bowls yet.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":dnndnf16 said:
Sgt. Largent":dnndnf16 said:
Seymour":dnndnf16 said:

That was prior to our SB win. Rookie mini camp 2013.

My point is still valid.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24ygodoy said:
Seymour":24ygodoy said:
Sgt. Largent":24ygodoy said:
Seymour":24ygodoy said:

That was prior to our SB win. Rookie mini camp 2013.

My point is still valid.

Missed my edit. No Pro Bowls either yet. First was 2013.

You never earn a right to break a team or contract rule IMO. And to have your coach promote the activity on twitter?? Clearly OK here at least.

mikeak

Reaction score
There is a difference between getting a jetski out in the lake calmly going around a bit

VS going out and jumping with the thing and going max speed etc

Which did Sherman do?

Now put this in ATV context

Going out on an ATV tour / doing some regular lower speed driving to get to points in the woods etc

is different from

Driving a course in the wood, high speed, lots of turns and ups and downs and under branches

So right now it is all speculation but from the injuries it can be gathered that having a lot of fun going at higher speeds is a lot likelier than not........

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2kq0918j said:
You never earn a right to break a team or contract rule IMO. And to have your coach promote the activity on twitter?? Clearly OK here at least.

How do you know what's in Richard's contract?........and if you think cruising around Lake Washington on a Seadoo with a life jacket on waving to rookies is the same as riding an ATV, then you're just being argumentative.

And yes, even without a SB ring or Pro Bowls, Richard more than earned his coach's respect to maybe bend the rules a little when it comes to this stuff. McDowell hasn't earned anything.

Seymour

Reaction score

andyh64000

Reaction score
mikeak":2ykull8c said:
There is a difference between getting a jetski out in the lake calmly going around a bit

VS going out and jumping with the thing and going max speed etc

Which did Sherman do?

Now put this in ATV context

Going out on an ATV tour / doing some regular lower speed driving to get to points in the woods etc

is different from

Driving a course in the wood, high speed, lots of turns and ups and downs and under branches

So right now it is all speculation but from the injuries it can be gathered that having a lot of fun going at higher speeds is a lot likelier than not........

Well...he hurt himself which tells me he was either riding it in a risky manner (high speed, turns...you know...fun) or had absolutely no idea how to ride. Either way it was epic stupidity for someone in his position...I am talking Jared Goff level stupidity.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/892197785289711616[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/892201872500547585[/tweet]

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
So, at the very least, we should have word leak of the extent of his injuries soon.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The fact this whole story took nearly 2 weeks to come out is peculiar to say the least. The story of a top draft pick of a perennial playoff team suffers potentially severe season ending facial injuries is kept completely under wraps?? Quite strange.

Josea16

Reaction score
Basis4day":1p9uffuq said:

So as usual a lot of people on this site overreacted or a reporter was reporting gossip and rumor as news? Doesn't anybody follow a prime rule in life anymore? "Believe in nothing you read and half of what you see" or the reverse?

Nobody seems to wait for actual details and fact before making decisions about people they don't know and can't even comprehend their position in life.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3q048e4e said:
The fact this whole story took nearly 2 weeks to come out is peculiar to say the least. The story of a top draft pick of a perennial playoff team suffers potentially severe season ending facial injuries is kept completely under wraps?? Quite strange.

Not peculiar or strange. This is the same FO that kept the Harvin Tate fight under wraps. This is a good thing.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Josea16":15jktfbu said:
Basis4day":15jktfbu said:

So as usual a lot of people on this site overreacted or a reporter was reporting gossip and rumor as news? Doesn't anybody follow a prime rule in life anymore? "Believe in nothing you read and half of what you see" or the reverse?

How were people "overreacting"? He's not playing anytime soon because of a poor choice he made. Per NFL.com, they're going to have him here so they can monitor his health and evaluate him themselves. There's no guarantee he'll be playing this year. We hope he does recover of course and can play though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.co ... a74&sr=amp

mikeak

Reaction score
Yeah of course he is showing up. The team is probably demanding it

Get back to me when he suits up

mikeak

Reaction score
Josea16":199iulte said:
Basis4day":199iulte said:

Nobody seems to wait for actual details and fact before making decisions about people they don't know and can't even comprehend their position in life.

Lol. I hope you see the irony in your statements combined with your post

You are overreacting and don't have the details and facts to determine the extent of his injuries. He may be ready to go or not ready for months. Showing up at training camp does not answer the question about his status

chris98251

Reaction score
Being as young as he is and off road he probably didn't think of it as a dangerous thing, he could ride a Mountain bike and have a branch from a rider in front of him whip back and smack him in the face or be on a horse and the same thing happen. When you are that young you tend to think your invincible anyway, it's life's lessons that teaches you vulnerability.

Seafan

Reaction score
My question has been are his facial injuries lacerations or fractures. Huge difference.

Ruminator

Reaction score
My hope is that if he's not able to engage in the more physical aspects of practice until he's more healed up, that he's at least well enough to be on the practice field wearing a no-contact red shirt. There's stuff to learn, and that would be better than nothing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seymour":2l2aqq8s said:

Sherman is on a sit-down jet ski.

It takes considerable effort to get yourself thrown off one of those things even if you try, and when you do, it's hard as heck to hurt yourself while doing so also.

Source: When I was 16 or so I spent an entire afternoon trying to throw myself off one, and even when I could, it was nothing but fun. That's not how an ATV or motorcycle works AT ALL.

(to be clear that doesn't mean they're both not claused out in NFL contracts, but I really don't think there anywhere close to the same thing when it comes to potential for injury).