Macdonald: "Geno Answering the Call"

LeveeBreak

Reaction score

Hawknight

Reaction score
Appears Geno is impressing the new coaching staff with work ethic and leadership. It's early, but a good sign for the team. Looking forward to see what Geno and Howell can do in the new system.

What??? He's not out making a Subway commercial?? That's what a real champion would be doing right now 😆 Work ethics is so last year..ha

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Quick decisions, accurate throws, good pre snap reads, effective changing of the play at the line, winning a playoff game >>>>>>> "leadership" "Hard work"

BTW I have great leadership skills and work hard but you would never want me to be a starting QB in the NFL.

I have always like the quote from Sean Connery's character in The Rock:

Mason:
Are you sure you're ready for this? [walks up staircase]

Goodspeed:
I'll do my best.

Mason:
[stops and motions back to Goodspeed] Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I keep wanting to believe in Geno. The only thing that's irked me about him is that he tends to throw the ball right to defenders a little too often. That may be because he feels he has to do more because of the defense.

I have faith in Geno. With a good defense, he can win a Super Bowl here.

OP
OP
LeveeBreak

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Quick decisions, accurate throws, good pre snap reads, effective changing of the play at the line, winning a playoff game >>>>>>> "leadership" "Hard work"

BTW I have great leadership skills and work hard but you would never want me to be a starting QB in the NFL.

I have always like the quote from Sean Connery's character in The Rock:

Mason:
Are you sure you're ready for this? [walks up staircase]

Goodspeed:
I'll do my best.

Mason:
[stops and motions back to Goodspeed] Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen!
I think Cam Newton had many of those traits you cited…lacked the other 2. Just sayin.

Yoda: “ Do or do not, there is no try”.

Yea…movie quotes help get through the off season too.

Last edited:

SuperSonic67

Reaction score
Interesting thought…if Geno has a good to great year, and our defense and running game come together, we somehow win a Super Bowl within two years.

Does he go down as a more revered and respected QB than Me3 in the grand scheme?

toffee

Reaction score
Interesting thought…if Geno has a good to great year, and our defense and running game come together, we somehow win a Super Bowl within two years.

Does he go down as a more revered and respected QB than Me3 in the grand scheme?

No "if", we are not in the "if" era, with our new coaching staffs, its a matter of when.

sutz

Reaction score
Nobody knows if Geno can take us to the promised land and seal the deal but I don’t think anybody can doubt his leadership and character and commitment to himself and his team. We are lucky to have him.
There are a few around here who are saying he definitely can't do that. I'm with you, though. Let's give the man a chance. That's what the team is doing.

Torc

Reaction score
I don't know what people expect from Macdonald. I don't think I'd be too excited if he stepped up to the podium and started talking like some of the posters here - "Yeah, Geno kinda sucks and I tried to convince John to go after a QB in the first round but that didn't work out. I'll just work on getting the defense up to snuff and maybe next year we'll be able to get our hands on the QUARTERBACK OF THE FUTURE™! Until then, fans are going to just have to accept that we'll never win a playoff game as long as that loser is here".

Does anyone want a coach that feels that way, much less talks like that?!?

Geno has led us to two 9-8 seasons, with a playoff appearance in there. The defense was demonstrably terrible both years. The offense is absolutely loaded with weapons, and Geno is quite capable of taking advantage of them. I don't expect the Seahawks to be worse this year - they improved the talent on defense considerably and I am confident that the coaching on the that side of the ball will result in considerable improvement. A slight improvement on the offensive side of the ball, which I'm hoping the new coaching philosophy from the top down will provide, and we'll be a playoff team this year. Really, all we need to get into the playoffs is a defense improved to average and better playcalling on the offense.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Geno is the QB right now and the new staff is impressed...

BlueTalon

Reaction score

Revered? I dunno. Respected? Probably. But Geno winning a Super Bowl would certainly blow the lid off of a lot of narratives.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
There are a few around here who are saying he definitely can't do that. I'm with you, though. Let's give the man a chance. That's what the team is doing.
2 full years is not a "chance"?