Lynch's second TD ball

LargentFan

Reaction score
Was just re-watching the game and I noticed that after Lynch's 31-yard TD run, Breno Giacomini took the ball from him and ran back to the sideline. I thought it was kind of odd. Perhaps he is holding onto that ball so that Lynch doesn't lose it like he did the one after the Beast Quake run.

Polaris

Reaction score
Honestly I wish Lynch had taken a knee in bounds on the one yard line and not scored the TD.

He does this and the the game is over with no last minute heroics.

Axx

Reaction score
rjdriver":72mpdy2d said:
willyum":72mpdy2d said:
Breno's always doing something funny or odd

Like holding the opposing player

:D
Actually that was a bad call, the player who was holding was either the TE or a WR ( I cant remember)
Either way breno seens like a really cool dude

I remember one RRR breno had two water bottles and was dancing like if he was at a rave in the locker room

253hawk

Reaction score
Kearse crashed in and just stood behind a guy who was already engaged with someone else. Not really a block in the back, it was just a big pile.

Oh wait, we're Seattle, we hold on every play.

The Radish

Reaction score
Polaris":2v4i5mve said:
Honestly I wish Lynch had taken a knee in bounds on the one yard line and not scored the TD.

You really think a running back has time to think of something like that? Anything that isn't in the play is tuned out.

There was talk about this yesterday and I thought it was silly talk then and I think its silly talk now. If he had the entire field like the ninnirs did to us that last game maybe, but not that short of yards dodging players all the way.

You think they talk about stuff like this in the huddle. We as fans sometimes make some outrageous assumptions and I think this is and example of hindsight from the stands or behind the keyboard.

:shock:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Polaris":3rbtxmo4 said:

I get this thinking, but it doesn't really matter. That put us up by 1 TD and a TD and 2 point conversion with less than 3 minutes to go.

The Saints had been held to one TD all day. They had no timeouts. And they had to go into the wind.

Going up by 2 full scores with less than 3 minutes to go is still a huge obstacle that should seal the game (and it did). The only reason we had to sweat at the end was because the D let them march down the field and Tate couldn't catch anything yesterday.

In hindsight, yes that would have been the smart play. In real time, everyone knew the game was over once he scored. The announcers even were talking about how that iced the game.

Polaris

Reaction score
The Radish":1yyl176h said:
You really think a running back has time to think of something like that? Anything that isn't in the play is tuned out.

Actually I not only think a runningback has time to think about it, I know they do. A few years ago, a noted Eagles runningback iced a game against Dallas to win the NFCE Championship with EXACTLY the same sort of play but knelt at the one.

253hawk

Reaction score
That was Brian Westbrook, but it was already well under the two minute warning.

I was thinking the same thing though, because the last time Lynch beasted it in from long range and put us up two scores, the Saints scored again and tried for the onside. Deja vu and then Tate...aaaaaaagh. I can't blame him though, that thing was near impossible to catch with all of that spin on it, in the rain, with a hard and low trajectory.

sutz

Reaction score
253hawk":ux9cvueg said:

I was thinking the same thing though, because the last time Lynch beasted it in from long range and put us up two scores, the Saints scored again and tried for the onside. Deja vu and then Tate...aaaaaaagh. I can't blame him though, that thing was near impossible to catch with all of that spin on it, in the rain, with a hard and low trajectory.
Tate's mistake was in advancing to get the ball. The kicking team is not allowed to touch the ball until it travels 10 yards, unless the receiving team touches it first. Tate should have waited for the ball to come to him and let his fellow players block out the Saints players bearing down.

Polaris

Reaction score
253hawk":s8iy9bqi said:

Thank you. Forgot the name. It's true it was well under the 2min warning, but the same situation applied because the Saints had no time outs. Lynch kneels at the one and the clock runs down to the 2min warning with no need for another play.

Four kneel downs later and the game is over. No mess. No fuss. I am a little suprised more people aren't talking about this (prob because we won anyway). When I was watching it on the screen I was livid tbh.

ceej22

Reaction score
rjdriver":2l76ezpi said:
willyum":2l76ezpi said:
Breno's always doing something funny or odd

Like holding the opposing player

:D

Does anyone know where to get penalty stats? I swear I hear Okung called for holding more than anyone on the line other than Sweezy. Maybe it's just because I expect him to never get called.

willyum

Reaction score
Polaris":274mm7e9 said:
The Radish":274mm7e9 said:

Actually I not only think a runningback has time to think about it, I know they do. A few years ago, a noted Eagles runningback iced a game against Dallas to win the NFCE Championship with EXACTLY the same sort of play but knelt at the one.

Brian Westbrook. one of the most versatile and football savvy running backs. Ive also seen Frank Gore seal up a game by downing it rather than finishing the run into the endzone

chihawk

Reaction score
willyum":2ut5rq7v said:
Polaris":2ut5rq7v said:
The Radish":2ut5rq7v said:

Brian Westbrook. one of the most versatile and football savvy running backs. Ive also seen Frank Gore seal up a game by downing it rather than finishing the run into the endzone

MJD did the same thing at least once, maybe twice.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
You guys keep giving examples of mortal, human beings.

Marshawn is in full beast mode, it ingrained in his DNA to run over people and have Skittles rain from the heavens.

mikeak

Reaction score
sutz":3lyo63ia said:
253hawk":3lyo63ia said:

Tate's mistake was in advancing to get the ball. The kicking team is not allowed to touch the ball until it travels 10 yards, unless the receiving team touches it first. Tate should have waited for the ball to come to him and let his fellow players block out the Saints players bearing down.

Yes or move up ahead and make a tackle and let the ball go to players behind him (awfully hard to stop and seeing players and ball come towards you)

Receiving team often focus on recovering the onside kick when the true focus should be on the kicking team NOT recovering the ball. The ball goes out of bounds - perfect

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Polaris":3ipypxj8 said:

Who cares, we won.

And getting the Saint's two minute offense was a good lesson for the Defense if it moves forward vs Denver or New England.

Silver Linings are everywhere, but most fans just want to magnify the negative aspects of the game.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":2npaj2ej said:
You guys keep giving examples of mortal, human beings.

Marshawn is in full beast mode, it ingrained in his DNA to run over people and have Skittles rain from the heavens.

Perfect post. Said it better than I ever could have.

We can not expect the people to fully appreciate and understand the greatness of such a living god. He's like Hendrix or Van Gogh. Only when his time on the football field is done will the masses truly appreciate him for what he is. Those who understand his greatness already, are the enlightened ones. Zeb is probably the chosen one in this regard. His appreciation of all things Beast Mode is at an outstanding level. You're not too far behind, Strap.

I'm with BFS, this man needs a state outside of the CLink.

The Radish

Reaction score
I apologize,,,I'm just not one of these "hindsight" guys. But making blanket statements like that after the fact always bugs me.

What if he did that at the one. Next play someone fumbles and the Saints return it for a touch down? Then they get it with about the same time on the clock.

I'd rather take the score and depend on my defense that has been saving my ass all game.

Also I can't find fault with Tate advancing on the ball. The thinking is we are the only ones that can touch the ball. As it was he was on his back trying to make a catch he makes on his feet.