Let's Get Down To It...What Side Are You On?

If I have only two options...I want Russell Wilson to...

• Stay.

Votes: 85 66.9%
  • Be traded.

Votes: 42 33.1%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am of the belief that Russ still has plenty to offer us as a Franchise QB assuming he can work within the system designed to maximize his potential. But regardless of nuances, let's just get down to brass tacks. Do you want Russell to stay or do you want to trade him?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Interestingly 100% of the votes are for him to stay, so far.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1u6obq37 said:
Hopefully a good thread w/out 75 shots at the guy. It's a good question :irishdrinkers:

Agreed my friend. The vitriol is thick and unwarranted, IMO.

sutz

Reaction score
It really is too hard to find a legitimate franchise QB. Stay.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
sutz":5vcrv3ma said:
It really is too hard to find a legitimate franchise QB. Stay.

I am with you old friend.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sure the salary is very high, but you don't just let franchise QB's go. Unless they were to get some ridiculous offer that nobody would pass on, he needs to be here.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely. You don't let a generational future Hall of Famer go unless you have a sound backup plan, assuring future success with the new QB but we all know that is an impossibility. Nobody can predict the future.

9er4life

Reaction score
As a 9er fan I hope he stays. As long as he's in Seattle the Hawks wont even sniff a SB. RW is just too expensive. Unless he takes his money in incentives, you won't be able buy any supporting cast.

massari

Reaction score
9er4life":21pu6pn1 said:
As a 9er fan I hope he stays. As long as he's in Seattle the Hawks wont even sniff a SB. RW is just too expensive. Unless he takes his money in incentives, you won't be able buy any supporting cast.
The salary of even a Tannehill type QB is now at $30M+ APY.

The problem with how the Hawks spend money and draft capital has nothing to do with the QB.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I voted stay. I've also remained pro-Pete staying.

I am of the firm belief that it is salvageable. To what extent of success that may look like is the question.

xray

Reaction score
I'm on Ciara's side . What ever she says . I'm good . :irishdrinkers:

Elemas

Reaction score
I agree that there’s been some decline. Some of the decision making was questionable. No one beats Father Time so the mobility does decrease. I don’t know how much of what we saw was due to injury as he was on a tear for the first few games.

I still believe in him if not for any other reason than what’s already been stated. Good QBs are hard to find.

Elemas

Reaction score
9er4life":22kr8yv2 said:

Let’s see what you think when Jimmy G detonates (again) this weekend with his also too expensive asssss

Elemas

Reaction score
The ideal story here is that Russ wins a few more here in Seattle. Fight through the adversity. Fight through the gossip and negativity.

Tom Brady’s path was/is impressive…no doubt. The thought was they were just a good QB away from taking it all.

But imagine going from not making the playoffs after all of those times of getting in…winning a SuperBowl along the way…suffering an inconsolable SB loss….being counted out…..

….and then taking it all again.

You want to talk legendary status and keys to the city…statue outside type shiat…(ok…going overboard here but you get the idea).

That’s what I want to see.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Once he CHOSE to no longer use his legs as weapon in all but rare circumstances he became a far less valuable player. Trade please.

9er4life

Reaction score
GemCity":23hzl4rv said:
9er4life":23hzl4rv said:

Let’s see what you think when Jimmy G detonates (again) this weekend with his also too expensive asssss

He won't be here next year win or lose. Can you say the same for RW?

Is it possible for 12s to stick to the topic or is whataboutism your calling cards?

Elemas

Reaction score
9er4life":miysvr6s said:
GemCity":miysvr6s said:
9er4life":miysvr6s said:

He won't be here next year win or lose. Can you say the same for RW?

Is it possible for 12s to stick to the topic or is whataboutism your calling cards?

I’m guessing you said the same thing about RW last season. Maybe you’re right. Maybe he won’t be here.

Good luck.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Used to love him, but I’m ready to move on. I want someone with something to prove. I don’t feel sorry about wanting him traded last off-season. This season just reaffirmed my feeling. Time to move on. Next man up!