Kris Richard and LOB

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No, I don't think Richard should be fired. The LOB hasn't been the same since he was promoted to DC. We've seen degradation in their play since he wasn't solely focusing on the secondary but the defense as a whole. I think Richard is a good coach but he was much more effective as a DB coach than he is so far as defensive coordinator. They also lost Rocky Seto as DB coach. Rocky was solid too. That has to be feeding to the drop in play as well.

KPA

Reaction score
I have always though the Seahawks made a mistake letting Ken Norton Jr. leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I agree. There was a step down when Quinn left. I think the team held together in maintenance mode for a while but is starting to show weaknesses. It always seemed like Quinn's ds got pushed around a little in first half, but made great adjustments at half and locked the team down. This team does not adjust at half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawk45

Reaction score
I dunno, we've had some years here of injury, holdouts, crappy CB2, etc. on his watch. If he gets a year or close of healthy LOB I'll pass judgment.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
This is going to be an interesting year. From a talent perspective, this is probably the best Seahawks D ever.

Maybe, individually, some of the luster is off of the vaunted LOB, but the improvement at RCB, makes the whole better than it has been since the XLVIII and XLIX seasons.

As the D-line gels, the LOB will likely return to the glory, shut down, days.

Perhaps Richard isn't at Quinn's level, but we don't need him to be. We are starting to see his scheme installed this year, more than in years past. It wouldn't surprise me if, in the next year or two, we are looking back, wishing Richard was still with the team.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Players get older and things change. Ken Norton is not doing a very good job in Oakland, they fired most of his defensive staff after last season and this season things are only getting a little bit better.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Quinn > Bradley >Richard and we have seen changes in scheme with each coaching change
I'm glad we don't go into Gus's prevent near as much but it's obvious that the OC and DC could be better and on D they have been better so it's more about knowing how to use your toys as opposed to " we are going to play a basic defense and you have to deal with it " because any basic defense can be schemed against and beat
Frankly I'm quite tired of it on both sides of the ball
Quinn was the fun to watch simply for all of the adjustments in game and different blitzes and coverages which is totally unlike what we do now. I also yelled at the tv a lot less which reduced stress on my family and pets
It's like having a bunch of Ferrari's and living next to the Autobahn but only cruising through town on Sundays and never once approaching the speed limit

modernman

Reaction score
The biggest difference I see between Quinn D and Richard D...is TAKEAWAYS....I think Richard has a much more conservative approach to Quinn...Quinn was much for fluid with the attacking and positioning plays....I miss Quinn.