KJ Wright. / Earl Thomas

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
pacific101":1bqp9lfl said:
Lol even I was exhausted after rereading my post. I just had all these thoughts and feelings rolling around between my ears and once I got started I couldn’t seem to put a plug in it. I will now, I hope to Christ that KJ’s Knees don’t spell the end of his career.
I believe we have another LOB in the making, and that they are a growing force to be reckoned with. Hopefully syncing fast enough to carry us thru the playoff run this season.
Shame on Maxwell and Earl for trying to play us for a free ride. Maxy is done, not because he can’t still play, but because he doesn’t have the grit to fight for his position anymore.
Earl screwed himself and unless he grows up and gets real with himself first and all the folks he trashed in his wake the past couple of years, his career is over. I believe beneath all his twisted thinking, is an all time NFL Great and Hall of Famer. Whether or not Earl ever realizes his potential is completely in his hands.
I’m a sentimental old coot, who would love nothing more than to see Earl grow up, own his poop, and fulfill his destiny with the Seattle Seahawks and the NFL.

I promise you won’t find another long winded rant like the one I unleashed here, again for at least a week! LMAO, just kidding, even I recognize when I went over the line.

Go Seahawks!

Seriously, Pacific, I'm glad you're with us. Keep sharing your thoughts. Especially the distilled ones. They're worth getting out there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl tried to play the Game of Thrones and Lost.

Maxwell Tried to play the Game of Thrones and didn't even get his piece of the Game Board.

knownone

Reaction score
Earl flipped off the sideline because the franchise he's grown up in bet against him staying healthy and won. It's hard to blame someone for showing that emotion in a moment where their entire financial earning power may have just collapsed. The idea that Earl was trying to pull a fast one on the Seahawks because he knew that his leg wouldn't hold up is just silly. He played hard every game and broke his leg on a non-contact play. If he knew he was at a higher risk of injury he would have been hesitant on the field and that just was not the case. The dude was the best fricken safety in the league up until his injury.

Fans that are mad at Earl need to understand the business aspect of football. Earl may have been 'morally' wrong in his holdout but that doesn't mean his holdout was unjustified or his stance unpure. Earl took a team friendly deal to get Sherman resigned and he was playing at a number 3-5 million under what he's probably worth on the free market for the last 2 years. Yes, he signed that contract and he should honor it, but the idea that we as fans are somehow entitled to be mad at Earl because he was doing what was right for him, is to be aloof to the duality of the situations. Why? because the Seahawks were doing what was best for them as well and this stalemate arose because neither side could find a compromise. Choosing a side means admitting bias and assuming things that you can't possibly know.

Think about it, Earl just wanted the same treatment Kam was given, an extension going into his final season. Something he believed he deserved and when he didn't get it his feelings were hurt. The Seahawks asked Earl to play with the risk of injury and from Earl's perspective, the Seahawks weren't willing to take any risk themselves. It's an unfortunate situation where no side is in the wrong and both sides lost.

sdog1981

Reaction score
pacific101":28eoc1yf said:
Lol even I was exhausted after rereading my post. I just had all these thoughts and feelings rolling around between my ears and once I got started I couldn’t seem to put a plug in it. I will now, I hope to Christ that KJ’s Knees don’t spell the end of his career.
I believe we have another LOB in the making, and that they are a growing force to be reckoned with. Hopefully syncing fast enough to carry us thru the playoff run this season.
Shame on Maxwell and Earl for trying to play us for a free ride. Maxy is done, not because he can’t still play, but because he doesn’t have the grit to fight for his position anymore.
Earl screwed himself and unless he grows up and gets real with himself first and all the folks he trashed in his wake the past couple of years, his career is over. I believe beneath all his twisted thinking, is an all time NFL Great and Hall of Famer. Whether or not Earl ever realizes his potential is completely in his hands.
I’m a sentimental old coot, who would love nothing more than to see Earl grow up, own his poop, and fulfill his destiny with the Seattle Seahawks and the NFL.

I promise you won’t find another long winded rant like the one I unleashed here, again for at least a week! LMAO, just kidding, even I recognize when I went over the line.

Go Seahawks!

You did some good work on your 40k post but it is a bit much for a site like this. I fear that KJ knee will be the end of his career with the Seahawks. They can not sign him to a third contact with the number of problems he has had with his knee this season. Last season he went to that goofy knee doctor so even then he knew his knee was starting to fail him.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":2h90kzwt said:
Earl flipped off the sideline because the franchise he's grown up in bet against him staying healthy and won. It's hard to blame someone for showing that emotion in a moment where their entire financial earning power may have just collapsed. The idea that Earl was trying to pull a fast one on the Seahawks because he knew that his leg wouldn't hold up is just silly. He played hard every game and broke his leg on a non-contact play. If he knew he was at a higher risk of injury he would have been hesitant on the field and that just was not the case. The dude was the best fricken safety in the league up until his injury.

Fans that are mad at Earl need to understand the business aspect of football. Earl may have been 'morally' wrong in his holdout but that doesn't mean his holdout was unjustified or his stance unpure. Earl took a team friendly deal to get Sherman resigned and he was playing at a number 3-5 million under what he's probably worth on the free market for the last 2 years. Yes, he signed that contract and he should honor it, but the idea that we as fans are somehow entitled to be mad at Earl because he was doing what was right for him, is to be aloof to the duality of the situations. Why? because the Seahawks were doing what was best for them as well and this stalemate arose because neither side could find a compromise. Choosing a side means admitting bias and assuming things that you can't possibly know.

Think about it, Earl just wanted the same treatment Kam was given, an extension going into his final season. Something he believed he deserved and when he didn't get it his feelings were hurt. The Seahawks asked Earl to play with the risk of injury and from Earl's perspective, the Seahawks weren't willing to take any risk themselves. It's an unfortunate situation where no side is in the wrong and both sides lost.

Did he sign a contract ? Yes

Did he not want to honor it ? Yes

Did he try to use the media to leverage his position ? Yes

Did it cause distraction and disruption ? Yes

Was he told a plate would help his leg help better and make it stronger ? Yes

Did he refuse to have it done ? Yes

So who is really at fault here for his present situation ?

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":2dpn5ey2 said:
knownone":2dpn5ey2 said:

Did he sign a contract ? Yes

Did he not want to honor it ? Yes

Did he try to use the media to leverage his position ? Yes

Did it cause distraction and disruption ? Yes

Was he told a plate would help his leg help better and make it stronger ? Yes

Did he refuse to have it done ? Yes

So who is really at fault here for his present situation ?

This!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk