Just like that, our defense arrived

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It was a surprising showing from the defense. They absolutely dominated. Hope they can keep it up because the murderers row of the schedule is coming up.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I won't feel like the D has arrived until they're capable of doing what they did last night to a great offense. The Giants are not that. That said, it was a major step in the right direction, and kudos for their effort. Hope it continues.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Adams and Brown coming back will help, but so will getting Abe Lucas. Curhan is doing his best but he’s a weak link out there in pass sets. A healthy offensive line is going to also help with TOP, and keeping the defense fresh.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Those blitzes were the kind that playoff-caliber QB's exploit all day. Daniel Jones is bad and Hurtt blitzed him to see if he could find his outlet reads and take advantage of corner blitzes, and, nope. His vision is glued downfield and he's got no pocket presence.
This is almost exactly what I concluded as it was happening. I also think it's entirely possible to be happy with the result at the same time as realizing the strategy is not likely to always be so effective.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is almost exactly what I concluded as it was happening. I also think it's entirely possible to be happy with the result at the same time as realizing the strategy is not likely to always be so effective.
Regrettably, I have zero capacity to enjoy a win when I know it's not going to be even remotely applicable to teams like the Eagles and 49ers down the road. Maybe that makes you a better fan, or at least gives you a better life expectancy. I dunno. All I know is our 2007 season scarred me but good.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
So Montana, Besides the logo on the helmet, what continuity remains between the 2007 and 2023 Hawks teams?

Maybe you should get some help for that sort of PTSD.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
So Montana, Besides the logo on the helmet, what continuity remains between the 2007 and 2023 Hawks teams?

Maybe you should get some help for that sort of PTSD.
I dunno, it's kind of proving itself useful.

BroncoTed30

May as well be DonkoSpurt
Reaction score
Defense was as good as advertised! Derrick Hall, hes awesome! Mike Morris, he’s awesome! DROY Devon Witherspoon, he really has an impact of making this defense an elite unit! Don’t forget Riq Woolen who has built on his great rookie campaign last year. That man is a sure handed tackler!!! Man did you guys fleece us with all those picks! Extra slap in the face for how Drew Lock performed!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Defense was as good as advertised! Derrick Hall, hes awesome! Mike Morris, he’s awesome! DROY Devon Witherspoon, he really has an impact of making this defense an elite unit! Don’t forget Riq Woolen who has built on his great rookie campaign last year. That man is a sure handed tackler!!! Man did you guys fleece us with all those picks! Extra slap in the face for how Drew Lock performed!!!
Want PeanutButter on your SHIT SANDWCH????...Sorry, all out of PeanutButter, gonna have to substitute it with even MORE SHIT Teddy.