Julius Thomas rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I thought he was the QB genius but he's also the WR genius,TE genius he's not.Who is the TE genius?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Whoever claims it. It's yours if you want it. I don't feel comfortable doing it because even though I said on record somewhere that Mark Bavaro, Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Brent Jones, Jason Witten, Kellen Winslow, Antonio Gates, and Shannon Sharpe would all be top flight NFL TEs, I did think to myself one time that Kellen Winslow Jr. would be better than his dad.

If I'm being honest with myself, I haven't been 100% accurate in predicting NFL TE success, so that disqualifies me as a genius.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I rather the Hawks spend their available cap space and draft capital on the O-line.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":wjp1iz52 said:
I rather the Hawks spend their available cap space and draft capital on the O-line.

I agree we need some upgrades along the O-line, but depth upgrades. We need a new LG, but other than that, are you thinking of replacing a starter?

I have seen people throwing around the idea that we need to upgrade the O-line, but which of our current starters are you actually willing to demote to backup?

hawksurething

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1u6ccfn9 said:
onanygivensunday":1u6ccfn9 said:

I agree we need some upgrades along the O-line, but depth upgrades. We need a new LG, but other than that, are you thinking of replacing a starter?

I have seen people throwing around the idea that we need to upgrade the O-line, but which of our current starters are you actually willing to demote to backup?

This can help. Read my post on Oline for the hawks scheme :)

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
http://bsndenver.com/julius-thomas-turn ... out-there/

“Julius is here to get his money and get out,” one teammate told me last week. “That’s just how some guys are. He didn’t grow up playing this game and it’s just not in his DNA to put it all out there.” When asked if Julius Thomas was soft like some say, he said, ” where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” According to the teammate, Julius Thomas was healthy enough to play multiple times last season but refused to. In one instance Julius Thomas was heard saying, “I’m about 90% – I’m getting close.”

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":3h2eb9t7 said:
http://bsndenver.com/julius-thomas-turned-down-huge-deal-refused-to-put-it-all-out-there/

“Julius is here to get his money and get out,” one teammate told me last week. “That’s just how some guys are. He didn’t grow up playing this game and it’s just not in his DNA to put it all out there.” When asked if Julius Thomas was soft like some say, he said, ” where there’s smoke, there’s fire.” According to the teammate, Julius Thomas was healthy enough to play multiple times last season but refused to. In one instance Julius Thomas was heard saying, “I’m about 90% – I’m getting close.”

Yikes, keep him far away from our team then. None of that on the Seahawks.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Someone will throw big money at him, I just don't see Seattle being a player in the top end free agents. They will be a player in the second and third waves of free agency though.

jackflash50

Reaction score
The TE in this offense needs to be able to block. Blocking is not his strong point. Will Luke Willson get better in his 3rd year? He blocks well & toward the end o the year started to play much better. A bit disappointed he disappeared in the SB after the Patriots had been terrible vs the TE most of the year. Bring back Carlester Crumpler (my favorite football name).

Seafan

Reaction score
The Raiders seems the most likely destination for Thomas but if he signed with the Hawks he'd be RWs #1 target immediately. He'd give the Hawks their first #1 receiver since a healthy Sydney Rice.

hawksurething

Reaction score
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but screw it... j.Thomas has no heart for football. He likes a basketball.

I proved this when he got hurt ,and was asked I'd he was almost ready to play again...he said ..." Almost, I'm at 90%". Huh ?

Plus he can't block well,is not a deep route TE like gronk & Graham, & disappears vs good defenses. In the red zone too where he makes his living.

This is all bad,plus he won't have that all pro WR corp taking attention off of him= bust for the hawks at that price.

Hawks can get Gresham to produce 600 yards & 6-8 TDs at an lower price.right ? Or did I miss anything ?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If I'm willing to pay $7-8 mil fit an aging Andre Johnson i would just as happily sign Julius Thomas a young and more physically mismatch of a player for $7-8mil even ok with 9 mil for JT s he would be a Red Zone machine and really pen up the middle for Lynch.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Thomas doesn't have the DNA to be a Pete Carroll-era Seahawk.

Will.not.happen.

McGruff

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3kgflegz said:
Thomas doesn't have the DNA to be a Pete Carroll-era Seahawk.

Will.not.happen.

The resident geneticist has spoken!

cacksman

Reaction score
Let's get a list of people that will look like fools if Thomas comes to visit Seattle next week.
Just on this page so far:

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts