Julius Thomas rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Its been well talked about that our FO really like Thomas. I won't be surprised to see them make a run at him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
cacksman":6u6w2i5g said:
Let's get a list of people that will look like fools if Thomas comes to visit Seattle next week.
Just on this page so far:

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk

Don't forget to add John Schneider.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3fq5w61r said:
cacksman":3fq5w61r said:
Let's get a list of people that will look like fools if Thomas comes to visit Seattle next week.

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk

Don't forget to add John Schneider.
Just because he's too young to play in Santa clara doesn't mean Schneider is a fool

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
cacksman":vrasiwtt said:

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk
And let's make sure that cacksman looks like a fool when he isn't extended an offer.

Fair enough?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
One day several years ago, Matt Flynn threw for 6 touchdowns and a bazillion yards.
My post on his game that night? "Some stupid team is going to pay that guy an assload of money!"

Never say never to the Seahawks signing a guy you don't really like.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":ng19f2sf said:
Thomas doesn't have the DNA to be a Pete Carroll-era Seahawk.

Will.not.happen.

Which is obviously why Pete Carroll tried to trade for him during the season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3jqvj0p7 said:
onanygivensunday":3jqvj0p7 said:

Will.not.happen.

Source?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":143fxjn7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":143fxjn7 said:
onanygivensunday":143fxjn7 said:

Will.not.happen.

Source?

On this morning’s “Sunday NFL Countdown,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported the Seahawks offered wideout Percy Harvin to the Broncos in exchange for tight end Julius Thomas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-denver/

Sac

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2z1xjbxs said:
onanygivensunday":2z1xjbxs said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2z1xjbxs said:
onanygivensunday":2z1xjbxs said:

Will.not.happen.

Source?

On this morning’s “Sunday NFL Countdown,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported the Seahawks offered wideout Percy Harvin to the Broncos in exchange for tight end Julius Thomas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... to-denver/

That's a little different though. They were trying to get something for a player they were going to trade or dump anyway. I can't imagine they're going to throw a bunch of cash at a soft, no heart player like Orange Julius.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I just think sometimes that Seattle doesn't have a good track record of getting big name free agents to perform their contract over here. I remember TJ Houshmawhateverhisnameis, Deon Branch, Sidney Rice, and Percy Harvin not playing to their contract when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. We got Marshawn in a trade and hit it big, everyone else we drafted/undrafted and trained up.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Depending on semantics, you could also possibly throw Bennett & Avril on that list that worked out.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
cacksman":3x47t1ss said:

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk

:lol:
For sharing some dirt on him? It's all for fun. We're talking about giving $8 million a year to a free agent. I think people should hear as much as they can and let them decide. This news on him could be true or could be complete BS. It could somewhere in the middle. Either case it's worth discussing.

I don't see this process much different than the draft. If this article came out about a college prospect you would have to include this in every scouting report as a possible red flag.

I'll tell you though if it's true and he's more about himself than a ring, I hope they don't sign him. I'll take my chances in FA or the draft.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3eon429x said:
Depending on semantics, you could also possibly throw Bennett & Avril on that list that worked out.

Whoops I mean free agents signings on the offensive side of the ball, is the weakness it seems. I know on defense we do much better in getting guys to play their contract like Clemons as well. Even when it vets coming in with vet minimums they play up to par, but when it comes to our offensive players it's usually a miss unless it's a guy we drafted/undrafted that they trained up from the start.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3hvbd6p4 said:
dontbelikethat":3hvbd6p4 said:

Whoops I mean free agents signings on the offensive side of the ball, is the weakness it seems. I know on defense we do much better in getting guys to play their contract like Clemons as well. Even when it vets coming in with vet minimums they play up to par, but when it comes to our offensive players it's usually a miss unless it's a guy we drafted/undrafted that they trained up from the start.
Blame Bevell... :34853_doh:

kearly

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":20w7t7ll said:
That's a little different though. They were trying to get something for a player they were going to trade or dump anyway. I can't imagine they're going to throw a bunch of cash at a soft, no heart player like Orange Julius.

How do you explain the rumors in February and March then? There's been official word that they wanted Thomas in October, and then unofficial word that they want him right now. Seattle doesn't really have a history of trading for rentals mid-season either. Remember when they tried to deal for Jared Allen and it didn't happen? They went hard after him the next offseason.

I'm not trying to pump the tires on Thomas, but his biggest strength matches one of Seattle's biggest weaknesses. I'd be surprised if they weren't in on him. And it's not like Seattle has avoided big investments for soft players or that those players can't be good in our offense. Paul Richardson, for example.

Seattle seems to be particularly enamored with free agents who's market doesn't match the hype. Scott mentions Matt Flynn, but forgot to mention that PC/JS all but mocked the idea of Flynn in Seattle when they thought he'd be getting a 6/60 deal. But when Flynn's market didn't end up anywhere near that, Seattle decided he was worth risking $10 million guaranteed on. Bennett and Avril were two other FA's that Seattle got largely because their market wasn't what people thought it would be.

I have a hunch that Thomas isn't going to be anywhere near Jimmy Graham money in FA. Too many GMs will wonder if Manning made him, or wonder if he is a soft player just going for a pay check. You almost never see a player like that get top money. My guess is that Thomas will get offers that make him wish he had taken the deal Denver offered him. And when he's choosing between the Raiders for $8 million and Seattle for $7.5 million, he might just pick Seattle.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":1e510nkp said:
SacHawk2.0":1e510nkp said:

How do you explain the rumors in February and March then? There's been official word that they wanted Thomas in October, and then unofficial word that they want him right now. Seattle doesn't really have a history of trading for rentals mid-season either. Remember when they tried to deal for Jared Allen and it didn't happen? They went hard after him the next offseason.

The only other explanation I can guess at besides Seattle really liking him is that the front office heard through the grapevine that Thomas wasn't going to be re-signed in the off season because either they couldn't afford him, he wasn't happy in Denver, or he wasn't well liked (could explain the negative rumors on him). You could make a similar guess about Jordan Cameron (Cleveland was done dealing with the concussions).

Seattle had a similar issue with Percy. Pete and John could have decided, "hey lets take a swing for the fences and see what we hear back". We know the front office looks at every option, makes every call. They were in desperation mode last year to replace Miller and still have a big hole there now. If they don't make a call about the asking price for every free agent tight end on the market I'd be surprised.

cacksman

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":tpgg9y70 said:
cacksman":tpgg9y70 said:

onanygivensunday
jackflash50
Chukarhawk
keatonisballin
Recon_Hawk

:lol:
For sharing some dirt on him? It's all for fun. We're talking about giving $8 million a year to a free agent. I think people should hear as much as they can and let them decide. This news on him could be true or could be complete BS. It could somewhere in the middle. Either case it's worth discussing.

I don't see this process much different than the draft. If this article came out about a college prospect you would have to include this in every scouting report as a possible red flag.

I'll tell you though if it's true and he's more about himself than a ring, I hope they don't sign him. I'll take my chances in FA or the draft.

It's a possible red flag, but people are using it as evidence that he's "not a team player". A rumor based on something a player said, that can be interpreted in different ways =/ evidence. He could have meant he's 90% close to being healthy enough to play. That's completely subjective anyways. Ridiculously silly.

cacksman

Reaction score
kearly":7n3q71d6 said:
I have a hunch that Thomas isn't going to be anywhere near Jimmy Graham money in FA. Too many GMs will wonder if Manning made him, or wonder if he is a soft player just going for a pay check. You almost never see a player like that get top money. My guess is that Thomas will get offers that make him wish he had taken the deal Denver offered him. And when he's choosing between the Raiders for $8 million and Seattle for $7.5 million, he might just pick Seattle.

The deal Denver was rumored to offer him was $8M. If that is even correct, I'd bet that the guaranteed money wasn't very good. We can't go off a rumored contract offer for a basis on what he turned down.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Adam Caplan and Jason Cole reporting Thomas has agreed to sign with the Jaguars.

Status
Not open for further replies.