Jets signing Al Woods

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Poona gone…….Woods may be gone……that D-Line is still pretty thin. Especially, if we think we are sticking to a 3-4 Defense. A little less so if we switch back to a 4-3.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was holding out hope we could bring him back on a lowered contract, but it wasn't in the cards.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I still think there's FA stuff coming for the dline......

Makes sense that we're going back to a 4-3, or a 'hybrid' 4-3, or a 'special hybrid' 4-3, or a 'top secret 4-3', or a 'hybrid' 5-2 flintstones scheme, or a 4-3 with stupid adams playing LB cause he sucks in coverage, or whatever the hell is actually going on here ;)

and yea, adams selection, salary and absence have been a probem. I still watch the torn quad play and say: "Where the F do you tear a quad on that play". Hope he proves me wrong this year - but like lynch: "I'm only here 'cause of the dead cap space" ;)

Anyways.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
I keep hearing people say we're going back to a 4-3. Where is this rumor coming from? We have 3-4 personnel now, not 4-3.
That’s not really the case. Regarding personnel. What we have now is still pretty much a group of players that could play both.

RDE: Nwosu, Taylor, Smith
LDE: Mafe, Robinson, Morris

4-3 DT: Reed, Young, Mone (IR)
4-3 3t DT: Jones, Morris, Adams

3-4 OLB: all the DE’s above except Morris.

3-4 DE: Reed, Jones, Morris, Adams
3-4 NT: Young, Mone (IR)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is apparently soon to be added a legit quality NT in FSU's- Robert Cooper who will add some depth to pile at DT.

His agreement to come here though he says he's agreed with the team has yet to be confirmed by the team.

There needs to be more though.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
There is apparently soon to be added a legit quality NT in FSU's- Robert Cooper who will add some depth to pile at DT.

His agreement to come here though he says he's agreed with the team has yet to be confirmed by the team.

There needs to be more though.
Maybe they go young at NT if that’s the plan……Young and Cooper? Maybe Mone if he recovers before the end of the season.

bileever

Reaction score
Not much left on the open market. Matt Ioannides is still available, but he's more of an undersized 4-3 defensive tackle. Besides that, is there anyone available? There's some aging ones, like Linval Joseph (34), Corey Peters (34) and Ndamugon Suh (36). And some undersized ones Michael Brockers. Or some very low-rated ones like Justin Ellis or Christian Covington.

I think that maybe Shelby Harris is our best option. But would he come back for a lower amount?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Noooooooooooooooooooo

I still think the brass knows what they doing and will deliver the Interior DL for the start of the 2023 season. I was thinking of our SB 48 squad today. The D-line. Now 2023. Let's goooooooooooooo!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Well then here’s to hoping Young can be the best pure run stuffing DT I thought he was in the draft. Robert Cooper can be the next UDFA gem. Adams continues to progress into a solid contributor. Mike Morris finds the strength of his skill set at DT. Jarran Reed and Dre Jones both have the most incredible years of their careers. And Mone is on a time table to get back into the mix.

toffee

Reaction score
Two moves this offseason that left me wanting: and release of Ryan Neal, and the not re-signing of Al Wood post draft.