Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone complains about what we give up.. say we just gave up a future Collins and Malik for him. We haven't been able to draft a first since... since.. Well I can't remember.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jmahon316":21sguabh said:
acer1240":21sguabh said:
jmahon316":21sguabh said:
acer1240":21sguabh said:
Agreed. I don't think most on here have watched this kid play.

He is disruptive to say the least

Do you not understand we traded so much draft capital AND STILL HAVE TO SIGN HIM

I do. Worth every penny

Lmfao this won't age well but alright. Who needs a 1st round caliber DT or DE when you can have a great SS for double the draft capital and price!
Have you seen our 1st round d-linemen draft picks of late????
Busts.

There is no denying the price is steep, it is, but at least you are getting legit talent from those 2 picks.
JS weakness is that first round pick every year, I think he is aware of it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
With Adams the Seahawks have a safety who can get to the QB on a safety blitz. He has proven it over and over during his career. Yes, they improved their pass rush. He had 6.5 sacks last season. That would have led the Seahawks. He is worth it. He will be resigned for sure. They Seahawks were missing an Earl and Kam type they got a combination of both in Adams. That in itself makes this trade worth it.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Why are people inserting Dunbar into our lineup? This guy is toast, no?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Looks like Pete and John shot for the moon. Pretty awesome target, but I hope they didn't miss!

And for all those here saying Seahawks' first round draft picks are worthless in one breath and comparing Adams to Thomas in the next... Earl Thomas was indeed a first round draft pick.

CPHawk

Reaction score
OpHawk":3qaxqlv4 said:
Why are people inserting Dunbar into our lineup? This guy is toast, no?

No. He was given the ok to come to camp. According to Clayton, he should be fine this year, because they can't set a court date until covid is cleared up.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG

!!!!!!!

OMG

When I look back at our 1sts in the past 5-8 years, a success is one out of 2 turning into half the player Adams is now.

And everything that defines whether our defense is viable or not, stems from our safeties. Period.

Great DL are overrated and great safeties are underrated. Glad we got a great safety.

This is amazing news. Shocked we gave up TWO firsts for him. But if that was required to make it happen, we are a lot better - especially if Dunbar can somehow bribe a few more people so he can play.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's a very steep price, but late first round picks are overvalued and yet we seem to have difficulty getting good value trading down the last two years. This trade feels a little too "all-in" to me personally, particularly with everything going on these days. However, I do like that the FO has an all-in mentality every year and are willing to take on big risks like this.

We'll see what happens, but this could legitimately be a LOB caliber secondary again. Is there a better starting four than Jamal Adams, Quandre Diggs, Quinton Dunbar and Shaquill Griffin? Then we have Blair, Hill, Flowers and Amadi as depth.

CPHawk":2otyffhz said:
Say Adam's was in the draft this year. How much would it have cost to move up from 26 to 6?
I think it's likely Jamal Adams would have gone earlier than #6 this year, probably #3 after Burrow and Young. Rookies are enormously risky whereas Adams is coming off a first team All-Pro season.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":356xbyf3 said:
jmahon316":356xbyf3 said:
acer1240":356xbyf3 said:
jmahon316":356xbyf3 said:
Do you not understand we traded so much draft capital AND STILL HAVE TO SIGN HIM

I do. Worth every penny

Lmfao this won't age well but alright. Who needs a 1st round caliber DT or DE when you can have a great SS for double the draft capital and price!
Have you seen our 1st round d-linemen draft picks of late????
Busts.

There is no denying the price is steep, it is, but at least you are getting legit talent from those 2 picks.
JS weakness is that first round pick every year, I think he is aware of it.

Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong. I'll GLADLY wear egg on my face if it means it's worth what we gave up for him, ON TOP OF paying him top dollar on his next contract

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Would you trade Penny and Collier for this guy right now? Cause I sure would. I'm not gonna get too worked up over potential 1st rounders.

This Defense absolutely needs stud safeties to work, and now with Adams and Diggs we have the duo we needed.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
CPHawk":2uspdtdr said:
Basically we just traded 2 picks that wouldn't make an impact based on our history picking. For a guy who is an All Pro level right now? I'll take it. As long as wee kept those middle round picks, we will be better off because of this trade.

Look at it this way:

Who wouldn't want Jamal Adams for any combination of two of the following: Collier, Penny, McDowell, Ifedi.
Heck, you can have all four and I'll throw in McDougald just to make sure.

jmahon316

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1iyvbblf said:
Would you trade Penny and Collier for this guy right now? Cause I sure would. I'm not gonna get too worked up over potential 1st rounders.

This Defense absolutely needs stud safeties to work, and now with Adams and Diggs we have the duo we needed.

Okay cool, within the next two years you either pay him top dollar for his position or YOU JUST WASTED THOSE DRAFT PICKS. Either way, you can't pay everyone!!! Hypothetically B-Wagz retires and you give Adams that money. You're still looking at a position that you just spent a 2nd rounder on (Blair), and you gave up 2 first rounders and a third rounder...on top of a huge contract...

AgentDib

Reaction score
Paying top dollars to All-Pros is a good thing. Every team needs a small core of stars, and you can still get plenty of value on your roster by filling in the rest of the team with players on rookie deals or cheap veterans.

Think of it like putting together an investment portfolio using Black Scholes. If the bulk is invested in relatively stable positions then you can invest the rest in stuff with higher leverage and get better expected returns with less risk.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":cv4pds18 said:
Looks like Pete and John shot for the moon. Pretty awesome target, but I hope they didn't miss!

And for all those here saying Seahawks' first round draft picks are worthless in one breath and comparing Adams to Thomas in the next... Earl Thomas was indeed a first round draft pick.

So far, I think I’m the only one to mention ET.

I didn’t say that our 1st round picks are worthless though.

I do however think that this kid could be the same kind of impact player the ET was for us.

I’ll go out on a limb (kinda already did), think this guy has potential to be even more of an impact than ET was.

traditionally we don’t draft well in the first round, combined with the fact that we have gotten late first round picks recently, I’m ok with a bird in the hand here.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1287126596378333185[/tweet]

If there is a season, this year should finally feature: the year of the Big Nickel.

The Breh

Reaction score
I'm stoked for this.
Our 1st round picks typically don't pan out, are later in the draft, and this dude would have led our team in sacks last year.
We need a threatening secondary with the addition of Hopkins, steady Kittle and Kupp.
When there always something to bitch about from some, we just gave ourselves a massive playmaker.

Throwdown

Reaction score
With the odds there might not be college football this year due to the pandemic... this is a genius ass trade

John63

Reaction score
pmedic920":29pfv9ic said:
John63":29pfv9ic said:
ducks41468":29pfv9ic said:
John63":29pfv9ic said:
again what good is a safety when the QB has all day due to no pass rush

what good is a safety when your QB is running for his life again.

I love the plaeyrs, hate teh price adn the fact we still have bigger needs
Also Wilson did not get his wich

were is the pass rush, were is the offensive weapons ie 3rd WR, were is the pass protection.

They went into this off season with 4 needs

pass rush
pass blocking
#3 wr option
another RB

we are 1 for 4 that is bad

Its not like we were filling those needs via the draft anyway. I'd rather have a good secondary and weak pass rush than both a weak pass rush and secondary, which is what we're looking at if we try building solely through the draft.

also don't forget a weak pass blocking, I understand were you are coming form but the price and what other holes we have and the system we play does not look good at all. If we are a boat, and we have 4 holes, great we patched done guess what we're still leaking adn likely goign down

You don’t have to patch all 4 holes in a leaky boat, as long as you patch a couple of them, and slow the leakage of the others down.

Glass is half full, Bro.
Cheer up.

Yoy do if the wholes are big enough. No pass rush or pass protection are huge.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This might be one of the most important (positive) trades for us since our SuperBowl loss.

Because we might do something I had given up hope on, win a playoff game that matters since our SB loss...

For the first time in at almost five years, I think we have a shot at winning something other than a wildcard game!

That has been my dream for this team since that loss.

One of our best players on the team is now playing the most important position, other than QB, for the success of our team.

That we traded a few 1st round picks is immaterial when we have one of the most coveted players in football (A stellar all-everything QB) for a limited amount of years. You need to get everything you can from him now, because over time that advantage will fade.

If the linchpin for the success of our defense is safety? Even if the rest of the league undervalues it? Then you get the best safety in the game, or as close to it as possible.

I literally have hope for us in the playoffs for the first time in a long time! (no, wildcard wins do not count, you are SUPPOSED to win those if you are any kind of potential contender or playoff peril)

I am so stoked.

pmedic920

Reaction score
John63":avq2i249 said:
pmedic920":avq2i249 said:
John63":avq2i249 said:
ducks41468":avq2i249 said:
Its not like we were filling those needs via the draft anyway. I'd rather have a good secondary and weak pass rush than both a weak pass rush and secondary, which is what we're looking at if we try building solely through the draft.

also don't forget a weak pass blocking, I understand were you are coming form but the price and what other holes we have and the system we play does not look good at all. If we are a boat, and we have 4 holes, great we patched done guess what we're still leaking adn likely goign down

You don’t have to patch all 4 holes in a leaky boat, as long as you patch a couple of them, and slow the leakage of the others down.

Glass is half full, Bro.
Cheer up.

Yoy do if the wholes are big enough. No pass rush or pass protection are huge.

Have you watched the kid?

Do you understand that he can blitz.

Look at the videos I posted up thread.

We can’t address “pass protection” with a defensive guy.

This addition will help slow the leaks, especially when you consider our D line situation.

A solid stable of DBs, can absolutely make up for a mediocre D line and lack of a monster DE.

Not the best case scenario but it will go a long ways.