Jamal Adams needs to be released

Optimus25

Reaction score
Are we sure the “yikes” was aimed at the wife? Or was it aimed at the husband/writer because Jamal thought her husband is a tool? There is a whole lot of angst happening over one 5 letter word. This whole thing has me about as interested as I would be about a zit on a flies ass.
Why no concern? you want to root for a guy who acts like this--> IF, it is the wife as most believe?

brings up a great scenario: pretend the Seahawks were like this 24/7; uncouth, degenerate morons, and say the 49ers were big character, upstanding community oriented men. Would you still root seahawks?

All imaginative for the sake of discussion, but if this is Jamal's character i'll be far less concerned about our seasons prospects and in general, i'll root for far more 'jake ferguson' plays.

Only a complete moron or 'tool' would root for A-holes just because they're in blue.

Also, the way the pic is framed answers all speculation. It's the wife he's trying to call out.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I would like to dig up the thread after Adams berated a concussion doctor who was just trying to do his job where a number of posters defended Adams by using a BS excuse, that it was the concussion caused him to react the way he did.

So what do y'all say now? What excuse can you come up for this latest incident? Outside of removing the post, which is essentially an admission of guilt, Adams didn't express even the slightest remorse.
On Twitter he's in fact doubling down. What an amazingly bad deal we made on that one.

Unless you enjoy 1 good hit and 1 good tackle per game. (bear in mind, in that same game, he will minimum 1 time get beat in coverage, and very often 2+)

RiverDog

Reaction score
oldhawkfan said:
Are we sure the “yikes” was aimed at the wife? Or was it aimed at the husband/writer because Jamal thought her husband is a tool? There is a whole lot of angst happening over one 5 letter word. This whole thing has me about as interested as I would be about a zit on a flies ass.
Why no concern? you want to root for a guy who acts like this--> IF, it is the wife as most believe?

brings up a great scenario: pretend the Seahawks were like this 24/7; uncouth, degenerate morons, and say the 49ers were big character, upstanding community oriented men. Would you still root seahawks?

All imaginative for the sake of discussion, but if this is Jamal's character i'll be far less concerned about our seasons prospects and in general, i'll root for far more 'jake ferguson' plays.

Only a complete moron or 'tool' would root for A-holes just because they're in blue.

Also, the way the pic is framed answers all speculation. It's the wife he's trying to call out.
I agree with @Optimus25. You really have to have an active imagination not to think that the "yikes" wasn't directed at the writer's wife. It's indefensible. Period.

There's been a lot said and written about Russell Wilson's many character flaws, most of which I agree with. The guy was insincere, full of himself, as phony as a 3 dollar bill, and I'm glad he's not playing for my team anymore. But I'd take 53 players with the personality traits Russell has vs. one Jamal Adams.

I want to root for the guys wearing the white hats (think 50's/60's western movies), and for the most part, we've had players and coaches that fit that bill, and the ones that didn't, like Percy Harvin, got jettisoned. We need to kick this A-hole to the curb, too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan said:

I agree with @Optimus25. You really have to have an active imagination not to think that the "yikes" wasn't directed at the writer's wife. It's indefensible. Period.

There's been a lot said and written about Russell Wilson's many character flaws, most of which I agree with. The guy was insincere, full of himself, as phony as a 3 dollar bill, and I'm glad he's not playing for my team anymore. But I'd take 53 players with the personality traits Russell has vs. one Jamal Adams.

I want to root for the guys wearing the white hats (think 50's/60's western movies), and for the most part, we've had players and coaches that fit that bill, and the ones that didn't, like Percy Harvin, got jettisoned. We need to kick this A-hole to the curb, too.
Exactly. That's part of the reason I don't want him on this team anymore.

You get guys like him, it gives the whole franchise a bad look.

morgulon1

Reaction score

You must've forgot about the 90s Hawks. They had a rough stretch with
DUIs, paralysis,murder, smackin hoes in bars etc..

jammerhawk

Reaction score
WTF does "Yikes!" mean?

is this actually an insult? Is this possibly some snide remark? is it possibly a positive comment? In fact, who cares?

Seems to me there is a lot of tempest in a teapot thinking going on here, and this is a huge nothing burger.

Social media can be pretty amazingly silly!

The Jamal Adams hate is strong in some here.

RiverDog

Reaction score
WTF does "Yikes!" mean?

is this actually an insult? Is this possibly some snide remark? is it possibly a positive comment? In fact, who cares?

Seems to me there is a lot of tempest in a teapot thinking going on here, and this is a huge nothing burger.

It's not just in here that Adams is getting flamed for his "yikes" remark. Here's what Sports Illustrated, not exactly a social media outlet, said about Adams:

What Adams did later in responding to a reporter's social media post making note of Ferguson having scored against the overmatched Adams - "Yikes'' wrote New York media member Connor Hughes - is so out of bounds as to be cowardly.

And here's the headline in Field Gulls:

Jamal Adams insults Jets reporter’s wife in classless, pathetic social media post

So go ahead and keep telling yourself it's a nothing burger. You're in a distinct minority.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
WTF does "Yikes!" mean?

Could care less about the comment but this guy claims to be the best when he isn't even close..A lot was given up for him and it didn't pan out. Time to move on as quickly as possible...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fingers crossed.

Diggs has to be one of the worst safeties on this team since Brian Russell

We got about a season 1/2 out of good Diggs before his quick decline into a tackle whiffing defensive liability.

But again, this isn't about Diggs or Adams.....it's about a FO who crashed and burned on replacing them.

flv2

Reaction score
I agree, a one word post on social media that wasn't obscene or profane and that was only up for a few hours doesn't violate the Personal Conduct policy, which was developed for situations quite unlike this one, and even if it did, it would be up to the league to discipline him, not the team.

The writer isn't the 'victim' here, it's his wife, a completely innocent bystander...
A victim of what?

chrispy

Reaction score
JAdams next contract in comparison to his mortgage: "Yikes!"

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's not just in here that Adams is getting flamed for his "yikes" remark. Here's what Sports Illustrated, not exactly a social media outlet, said about Adams:

What Adams did later in responding to a reporter's social media post making note of Ferguson having scored against the overmatched Adams - "Yikes'' wrote New York media member Connor Hughes - is so out of bounds as to be cowardly.

And here's the headline in Field Gulls:

Jamal Adams insults Jets reporter’s wife in classless, pathetic social media post

So go ahead and keep telling yourself it's a nothing burger. You're in a distinct minority.

You could argue that this just proves that members of the media, and people in general, have gotten used to overreacting to meaningless banter on social media.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You could argue that this just proves that members of the media, and people in general, have gotten used to overreacting to meaningless banter on social media.

It's not meaningless, it shows a glimpse into someone's character.

So I'd prefer someone who publicly humiliates someone's wife who had absolutely nothing to do with his beef with the reporter not play on the football team I root for.

To be fair, this is just one of a dozen of reason I don't want Adams on my football team.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
What's so meaningful about this glimpse? How does this teeny bit of information about 1/100000000th of his personality help make a tangible gain in the decisions we make in our daily life?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
What's so meaningful about this glimpse? How does this teeny bit of information about 1/100000000th of his personality help make a tangible gain in the decisions we make in our daily life?

Why are you here then fender. None of this matters to our real lives.

Adams is a fake hardo jackass poser that I'd rather not be on my football team, and this is just example #27 as to why I feel that way. Classless.

The end.

keasley45

Reaction score
Seriously? He should be released for posting his feelings on the appearance of another player's wife? You can make the point that it was a low blow. But cmon... fines? being cut? 10x worse than this goes on between the hashes in-game every sunday. At its worst, its a dumb, lockerroom (yo-momma) response.

Mizak

Reaction score
Seriously? He should be released for posting his feelings on the appearance of another player's wife? You can make the point that it was a low blow. But cmon... fines? being cut? 10x worse than this goes on between the hashes in-game every sunday. At its worst, its a dumb, lockerroom (yo-momma) response.
Explain his actions going after the 2nd concussion doctor who treated Bobo.