Jamal Adams needs to be released

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That didn't answer my question. And yeah, sorry. This is so far down on my radar of things to "fire" Seahawks for that I'm still having a hard time believing the thread was made.
I think it's a legit issue. But I also cried at my wedding, among other things.

Wait what was the question?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don’t know I think it’s a trash move for Jamal but it’s not surprising he seems like a clown car regardless. Not a fan of making fun of someone’s wife because they highlighted you in a touchdown during a breakdown of a play. Can’t stand the guy. Pete won’t care because accountability isn’t his thing so nothing will happen

fenderbender123

Reaction score
What Jamal said wasn’t particularly egregious. Sure people say worse thing and they’re a$$holes for it. But why? That’s the main thing. Why go after his wife? What’s the point other than to deliberately be antagonistic?

If Jamal had said, “I’ll see you on the field buddy” then I don’t think anyone would care. It’d be bluster and bravado, but whatever.

I'd imagine it's because it hit Jamal where it hurts. He's trained his whole life to play a game, and his play has not been up to par. He sees a reporter taking a shot at it, so he gets upset and strikes back with an insult to where he thinks it would hurt the reporter.

At the end of the day, Jamal needs to understand that in his line of work he is going to be criticized. People care about football. That's why there's so much money to be made playing it.

At the same time, if you're a well-known reporter and trying to establish a presence on the internet, then you gotta understand that any pictures of your family you share are going to be fair game for anyone to take a shot at. Like Jamal's situation, you cannot have it both ways.

However, I think it's only fair to say that his wife did not take a shot at Jamal, so maybe Jamal should have left her out of it.

Joshkihei

Reaction score
You guys are inferring a lot into one word. I thought cancel culture was bad.
Also I thought nobody cared what athletes think, only how much money they make…

What if Jamal got himself a .net account and talked the same trash people here do about him, would that be ok? Or is he not allowed?
I hope he does that would be awesome

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
Whose we? That's a gross generalization. Anonymous people on a sports message board vs a multi-millionaire sports ball player that gets his feelings hurt for screwing up his one job? His answer? I'll imply (more than imply) that this writers wife is ugly.

It's called punching down. Why involve his wife or even insult the writer all together? Jamal is the one with the power and he used it in an abusive nature.
She's not even close to being ugly. Just a really dumb tweet by an overrated football player

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
At the same time, if you're a well-known reporter and trying to establish a presence on the internet, then you gotta understand that any pictures of your family you share are going to be fair game for anyone to take a shot at. Like Jamal's situation, you cannot have it both ways.
I don’t necessarily agree with that. I understand what you’re saying but it’s not her fault she happens to have a social media account or he posted a picture of them together on his. Saying she’s potentially fair game I think is an incredibly low bar. It implies that she or others are asking for harassment or insults because they have Facebook or something.

It’s extremely petty on Jamal’s end and he needs to grow up.