Jamal Adams back as... a linebacker?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Depends on the price. Doubt he'd play for minimum and try to win the job in camp and preseason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Haven't heard a peep about Adams or Diggs. Not surprised about Adams w/his injury history. But, I thought Diggs would at least get some bites.
I don't follow the Lions enough to know, but maybe he goes back there? A legit shot at making the Owl.

keasley45

Reaction score
Haven't heard a peep about Adams or Diggs. Not surprised about Adams w/his injury history. But, I thought Diggs would at least get some bites.
I don't follow the Lions enough to know, but maybe he goes back there? A legit shot at making the Owl.
I wouldn't be surprised if John told them both that if they dont find a great spot to land, to come back and talk about giving it a run with Mike.

sutz

Reaction score
I suspect they'll be post-draft signings, if at all. Safety market is kind of flooded this year.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Huard seems to think so.

"
“They certainly know that body over the last four years and the injury history associated with it,” Huard said. ” … As you get closer to and through OTAs and everything else, not as a safety (because) safety is accounted for … but linebacker is still in question. And in this draft if you don’t find a linebacker and Jamal Adams is still out there and unsigned and is willing to play that, I don’t think that’s 100% off the table.”

I'm just posting the link. Don't shoot the messenger 😉.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Huard...Sigh. Love him in general but this is just click bait garbage.
I feel this off season in particular he seems to get some intel. Not sure from who but there's been a couple of players we've signed that he'd brought up before that weren't exactly household names. I sometimes wonder if at times they get told stuff to gauge the reaction of the fanbase in exchange for key access. I'm pretty sure Salk does with the Mariners by helping fans come round to certain ideas, such as signings players many have heard of or talking them off a ledge when they don't spend money unless it got as extreme at the start of this off season where even Dipoto came across as pissed off about it. I'm sure they've been told a ton at times about the inner workings of both and can't repeat a lot of the stuff they do hear about.

Schneider gave up serious draft capital to get Adams. He saw something in him and it wouldn't shock me if he can get him back dirt cheap under a new coach he may see it as a salvageable situation. Whether Adams pride allows that is a different story.

Last edited:

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
If Huard wants the Seahawks to waste a bunch of money, maybe I should send them my Christmas list.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Would you take the fastest LB in the NFL...who has the best catching abilities in the NFL? Add on 9 sacks a year ago from a position that doesn't typically get sent to sack the QB.

Sure, he has been fairly called hands of steal but that's being judged as a safety, not a LB.

Yes, he is fragile but if no one wants him and the Hawks can grab him back at anywhere near a vet minimum on a prove it 1 year deal...jump on it!

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I’m not as hard on Adams as many but if we let Bobby go then brought Adams back as a linebacker I’d be really disappointed.
I actually think I'd more than disappointed , I would expect more out of the new coaching group unless we had a need and everybody else got injured and no stones were left un turned but that's just me
I actually feel sorry for him , injuries suck but iv'e seen a lot of plays where we could get a rookie to actually hit the gut he comes swooping in to hit or make the tackle or instead of point like , hey everybody you should go get that guy and actually run your ass off cuz a couple times those runs did come back enough he could've been involved or made a tackle , I could go on but no. just no