I've changed my mindset... I'm not nervous anymore...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Reading through those incredibly annoying 49ers forums, it got me to thinking... I don't care what happened last year because it has almost NO bearing on this years teams. Too different. So throw away that 42-13 game. It means practically nothing. Kaep was completely inexperienced in that game. Ok, so this season's results do matter... somewhat. The 29-3 game was against a banged up 49ers team, but they were clearly rattled by the sound. Ok, fast forward to our 2 point loss in San Fran. Take away the one huge mistake in letting Gore run wild at the end of the game, and we'd have most likely won in their house in that slug-fest! Now, we are at full strength, minus Harvin (damnit), and we're playing at the house of horrors for opposing teams, where we've lost ONE FREAKIN' GAME IN TWO YEARS! I'm not nervous anymore. The CLink is gonna go beyond any previous sound levels, and Kaep may just pass out from the sound waves rocking his head! I was thinking 50/50 before, but now I'm thinking 75/25. I just had to flush out my 35 years of disappointment and Seattle Curse talk. We're gonna win. I just feel it now!

GO HAWKS!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep I thought the Hawks would win by 3 early in the week, now I think it will be much more than that. If the Hawks get an early lead by 10 or so points, the "oh crap here we go again" factor will creep into the minds of the whiners.

Seahawks8880

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and thought of the same thing. The closer we get to game time the more I have confidence in our boys. The whiners got the beat down the last two times so even if they play half decent I like the hawks chances to still come out on top. With the 12th man backing up playing for the NFC supremacy and a win to the Super Bowl there is no way our hawks are blowing it. The hawks will win comfortably.

JOz56

Reaction score
I actually changed my mindset on Monday from being freaking nervous, to "no way we are losing this in our home". Yeah, the butterflies are still there, but I have no doubt that our boys have what it takes to get it done.

Davehawk

Reaction score
My mindset has and will be that our offense needs to put together some drives ending in TD's.

Some people are tired of hearing it so they put their heads in the sand, but our offense really hasn't been impressive the last handful of games.

If our Offense can score a few TD's in the first half and we get an early lead I think we can cruise to a win. I'm just worried about playing catch up if we get down early.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
still going with 23-17 hawks, although the closer we get to game day the more I feel like the game has a much better chance of being another blowout by seattle than it does a dreaded L.

Just gonna try to enjoy the ride.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to freaking win this game. I live in the Bay Area and the 49er fans are starting to creep out of the woodwork to troll. I passed a stand by the freeway with people waving and selling 49ers flags and cheering.

I have 49ers fans messaging me on Facebook to talk about their 5 rings and how amazing they are.

The Seahawks need to win this game. I hope the Seahawks are as annoyed as I am.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Hawks will win and also cover the spread.

Margin of victory will be 5 points.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkFan72":5zymup1f said:
The Seahawks need to freaking win this game. I live in the Bay Area and the 49er fans are starting to creep out of the woodwork to troll. I passed a stand by the freeway with people waving and selling 49ers flags and cheering.

I have 49ers fans messaging me on Facebook to talk about their 5 rings and how amazing they are.

The Seahawks need to win this game. I hope the Seahawks are as annoyed as I am.
That reminds me of the joke. How many forty-whiner fans does it take to change a burned out light bulb?????

NONE, they just want to stand around in the dark and talk about how great the old one was.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
After reading ETIII's blog post, I have full confidence in our team. They show up in big games, especially at home. We have faced amazing adversity this year with injuries and suspensions. The mental toughness and will to win is the difference between these two teams. I'm sorry, but no other team goes 13-3 while missing 3/5ths of their starting o-line (all three that were out were our best linemen, btw) and basically #1 and #2 WRs for extended periods in Rice and Harvin.

We know them. They know us. I think it will take a full team effort, but we are the better team as a whole. I was nervous earlier in the week, but now I have full confidence in the team.

GO HAWKS!

hawk45

Reaction score
Davehawk":32yo68q2 said:
My mindset has and will be that our offense needs to put together some drives ending in TD's.

Some people are tired of hearing it so they put their heads in the sand, but our offense really hasn't been impressive the last handful of games.

If our Offense can score a few TD's in the first half and we get an early lead I think we can cruise to a win. I'm just worried about playing catch up if we get down early.

I agree with this. If our defense doesn't create multiple short fields (that our offense mainly turned into 3 points at best) then I don't feel good about our chances against any playoff caliber team. At this moment I have a difficult time remembering what it looks like to drive the length of the field a few times a game, to capitalize on field position better than the opponent's 40, or to be good in the red zone.

It's okay, it is what it is. We cannot win without an all-world performance by our defense and they've been giving it to us. We just all sit in fear of any game where the defense allows 14-20 points and doesn't generate multiple turnovers. Maybe that game won't happen this year and we win it all, in which case that win and this D and this O goes on the list of historic Ds and game-managed-at-best offenses such as Baltimore 2000, and we'll take it.

The days of us stomping on teams are done though. For that to happen you have to have an offense capable of capitalizing on turnovers and our offense right now is mediocre if we're being kind. Mediocre offenses don't do well against good defenses.

Krapper vs the 12th man has resulted in the multi-turnover meltdown which we can win, though, so here's hoping we get that Sunday.

Latest posts