It's officially a lost season

adeltaY

Reaction score
RCATES":19goxyz0 said:
I'm still optimistic about this year. Anyone who still believes Kam and Sherman were in their prime are delusional.

Sherm was constantly getting beat and has slowed down the last 2 years. I'm shocked teams weren't attacking that side of the field more. Because when they did they were having success. Lane/Maxwell are by no means a replacement skill wise for Sherman past his prime but its not the drop-off everyone is making it out to be.

Kam has just been bad in pass coverage the past 2.5 years. No other way to put it. His age and past injuries have simply taken its toll. The guy form the divisional round home game against Carolina a few years back is gone. Way gone. We will miss Kam's presence against the run but even that's been really bad this year. With the way the league is today being so "Pass" oriented I welcome having ET and McDougald back there as the two starting safeties. Kam had become a liability against the Pass plain and simple.

GO HAWKS

The stuff about Sherm and Kam is flat out untrue. Sherm was playing on a hurt achilles the entire season and was surrendering one of the lowest yards per coverage snap numbers of any corner in the league. The only game he struggled in was vs. Fuller and Hopkins and he still had two picks that game.

Kam has actually been better in coverage since 2016, as evidenced by the amazing job he did on Gronk in the Pats game. He has also been fantastic against the run. The guy takes on blocks and sheds them like a LB and can still cover.

Check this article out from his last game played and you can see how much of an impact he had against the run and also in coverage: https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/11/15/1 ... ls-falcons

crosfam

Reaction score
We drafted for this - 4 DBs, three in higher rounds (3-4). Kudos to the front office for seeing that the LOB was aging and more susceptible to injury and attrition. Now we see if Shaq, Delano, and Tedric are ready and have something to offer.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nothing is lost, if we don't adapt yeah we will get buried, this is the type of season that can elevate our Coaching staff to being great or if not we are a gimmick and or predictable, Knox had to concede the year Warner got injured something he hated, put the ball in the QB's hands, no Super Bowl but for that era one of our most successful seasons, much like now we had a vicious defense and a offense centered on the running game. Knox hated having to rely on the passing game as the heart of our offense. We brought in every name RB we could find that had a pen in hand ready to retire, Harris, Bryant, McCutcheon, trying to avoid Krieg being our focal point. Yet he conceded to win finally, pity he could never change in the playoffs and become two dimensional, he may have won a Super Bowl.

sdog1981

Reaction score
pmedic920":32mb5c06 said:
Holy Catfish, Rat.

I️
I️ )

Update your iPhone/iPad dude. That way you can type the letter I again.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I still think we have a shot to make it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think some people around here would just be happier as Brown's fans.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rat":3b55r1w2 said:
I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.
We need a wailing room :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
RCATES":a6osmm6x said:
I'm still optimistic about this year. Anyone who still believes Kam and Sherman were in their prime are delusional.

Sherm was constantly getting beat and has slowed down the last 2 years. I'm shocked teams weren't attacking that side of the field more. Because when they did they were having success. Lane/Maxwell are by no means a replacement skill wise for Sherman past his prime but its not the drop-off everyone is making it out to be.

Kam has just been bad in pass coverage the past 2.5 years. No other way to put it. His age and past injuries have simply taken its toll. The guy form the divisional round home game against Carolina a few years back is gone. Way gone. We will miss Kam's presence against the run but even that's been really bad this year. With the way the league is today being so "Pass" oriented I welcome having ET and McDougald back there as the two starting safeties. Kam had become a liability against the Pass plain and simple.

GO HAWKS

So basically you're saying, you know more than the elite Qbs and coaches who continued to not throw Sherman's way? Yes, teams had limited success against him. Even Deion Sanders got beat. No one is infallible. But if you don't think Sherman was a damn good corner you're living in your own world. The numbers for our defense tells the story. Maybe it would take us getting scored on 25 ppg for you to be a bit more grateful.

Hopefully it doesn't get to that point

warden

Reaction score
907Hawk":nuyq3gxx said:
Rat":nuyq3gxx said:
I wish we could have those trades for Sackless Sheldon and Decrepit Duane back. We need those draft picks.

This is "Officially" a joke of a thread.
Where is the like button

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sdog1981":ep31k35p said:
pmedic920":ep31k35p said:
Holy Catfish, Rat.

I️
I️ )

Update your iPhone/iPad dude. That way you can type the letter I again.

Yeah. What the hell was that all about. Took me three days to figure it out

massari

Reaction score
Depleted secondary on D, no run game on O. TS is likely right, though nothing is official.

Also LOL @ everyone itt getting upset over someone giving their opinion on a FORUM.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
If it’s an opinion, why call it “official?”

He knew what he was going for. He’s getting it.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I like the trades we made.

The problem is, our issues aren't with our roster, but rather with the inability to use the talent we have.

It has been this way for a while now, but our team was so young and incredibly talented we we're able to hide the gross negligence of our offensive coaching. Injuries happen, to every team every year. You have to account for them with depthl and being able to win all the games you should/can early in the season.

We have regressed every year since our Superbowl loss. It is because our young hungry players are getting older, and it is exposing what the real issue is and has been. We will continue to get worse until Pete and John actually address the problem.

I am not a pessimist or a sky is falling type guy, but I am someone who pays attention to details and analyzes cause and effect at a base level. Until we change Bev and cable, we will continue our coast into mediocrity. As out team continues to age, they can no longer mask the coaching ineptitude.

I'll still watch every game, feel like trash the day after if we lose or ride high after a win. I will still proudly wear my Hawks attire, and will never be a fan of any other team. But I have no problem identifying a serious issue we need to solve. The goal is winning every game and then winning the Superbowl. If your goal for this team is any less than that then you have never played or excelled in competitive sports.

Let's get this garbage cleaned up Pete and John. Enough is enough, no more excuses. Injuries aren't the exception in this game, they are the norm.

uncle fester

Reaction score
One or more potential events have obviously taken place. These seem to be the two most obvious contenders.

Potential event 1

The League has shortened the season to Ten Weeks, plus the extra game between Pittsburgh and Tennessee. This gives credence to the suspicion that Pittsburgh get preferential treatment from the League. It does, however present some issues. The playoffs and Super Bowl have been abandoned. Expect lawyers to submit groups of sports writers to bicker endlessly about who was best, on a team-by-team basis. This is generally agreed the best way to settle sports discrepancies. Jerry Jones will sue the end result regardless, claiming they don't have all the facts.

Potential Event 2

The League hasn't shortened the season. It was a nasty rumor by those dagger-twisters on ProFootballTalk. However, Paul Allen has folded the team, with the remaining games forfeited. Celebrations to be planned immediately in Santa Clara (who need the single point awarded) and Boston (who seem to have forgotten that celebrating indicates a special occasion, rather than something that will always happen). And Green Bay. Because they seem to get more joy from laughing at other teams than acknowledgement of more immediate concerns. Early front-runners for the newly-available franchise are believed to be St Louis and Oklahoma City.

Seymour

Reaction score
uncle fester":2nl2v8j7 said:
One or more potential events have obviously taken place. These seem to be the two most obvious contenders.

Potential event 1

The League has shortened the season to Ten Weeks, plus the extra game between Pittsburgh and Tennessee. This gives credence to the suspicion that Pittsburgh get preferential treatment from the League. It does, however present some issues. The playoffs and Super Bowl have been abandoned. Expect lawyers to submit groups of sports writers to bicker endlessly about who was best, on a team-by-team basis. This is generally agreed the best way to settle sports discrepancies. Jerry Jones will sue the end result regardless, claiming they don't have all the facts.

Potential Event 2

The League hasn't shortened the season. It was a nasty rumor by those dagger-twisters on ProFootballTalk. However, Paul Allen has folded the team, with the remaining games forfeited. Celebrations to be planned immediately in Santa Clara (who need the single point awarded) and Boston (who seem to have forgotten that celebrating indicates a special occasion, rather than something that will always happen). And Green Bay. Because they seem to get more joy from laughing at other teams than acknowledgement of more immediate concerns. Early front-runners for the newly-available franchise are believed to be St Louis and Oklahoma City.

Ummm Fester....did Pugsly get on your computer again here??

1524dea3a358675d590581c088f50b4b48baec8a272aeb10f4

WmHBonney

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2ebd6ynd said:

The problem is, our issues aren't with our roster, but rather with the inability to use the talent we have.

It has been this way for a while now, but our team was so young and incredibly talented we we're able to hide the gross negligence of our offensive coaching. Injuries happen, to every team every year. You have to account for them with depthl and being able to win all the games you should/can early in the season.

We have regressed every year since our Superbowl loss. It is because our young hungry players are getting older, and it is exposing what the real issue is and has been. We will continue to get worse until Pete and John actually address the problem.

I am not a pessimist or a sky is falling type guy, but I am someone who pays attention to details and analyzes cause and effect at a base level. Until we change Bev and cable, we will continue our coast into mediocrity. As out team continues to age, they can no longer mask the coaching ineptitude.

I'll still watch every game, feel like trash the day after if we lose or ride high after a win. I will still proudly wear my Hawks attire, and will never be a fan of any other team. But I have no problem identifying a serious issue we need to solve. The goal is winning every game and then winning the Superbowl. If your goal for this team is any less than that then you have never played or excelled in competitive sports.

Let's get this garbage cleaned up Pete and John. Enough is enough, no more excuses. Injuries aren't the exception in this game, they are the norm.

"Official" thread winner.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This goes to show you unless you're the Patriots, your time at the top in the NFL may be short lived.

So when you are at the top, you maximize every opportunity to win as much as you can.

Pete Carroll, is now seeing what happens when you try and resign "every one." They get older, injuries mount, they get less hungry, and stop playing as well.

Got to continually stay young in order to win in this league.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1d4pwqcp said:
johnnyfever":1d4pwqcp said:

"Official" thread winner.

Yep. This man speaks the truth.