It's Happened - Wilson Traded

beastalamode

Reaction score
So we unload Russ but not the architects of the disastrous Adams trade? Pete and Jon should have been fired 30 minutes after news of this trade broke.

What a clownworld we live in.

warden

Reaction score
I have watched this game for decades. Every time I have seen a running QB insist on being a pocket passer, it is over. Russell is no longer the player we loved. Better off trading him a year too early then a year too late. Thank you for the years you gave us Russ. I sure did enjoy watching you play for us

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It really bugs me that this deal didn't include 3 first rounders.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63":2z7voq7s said:
So we get

Lock a horrible QB
2 no name players
2 1sts
2 2nds
And a 5th

Hmm well I will root for Hawks as always, but welcome to loosing for the next 3+ years.

Fyi the trade is pending Wilson's approval. He had nothing to do with this. This is all PC.

To say Russ has nothing to do with it is a lie. His agent floated the list of teams to get this while thing started and that doesn't happen with out Russell's approval.

Sure Pete and John pulled the trigger but who blames them for trading a guy who didn't want to be there.

warden

Reaction score
Russ will want Arron Rodgers money. Russ is not as good as Rodgers

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Aros":pxhaarzm said:
It really bugs me that this deal didn't include 3 first rounders.

Or at least some pass rush (Not shelby) or O-line.

Of course, if the broncos traded those things away they wouldn't need the franchise QB either.

This FO gets way too much credit for getting lucky the first couple years drafting and having Pete's inside college info. For years we speculated about why this FO doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Now we know.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Maybe we can package the 9th pick and second rounder to move up and get Thibs before the Giants can grab him.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I sure did enjoy having a franchise QB. Here is the list of Seahawks franchise QBs:

Russell Wilson.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2cy7qg03 said:
NJlargent":2cy7qg03 said:
So we kept Pete Carroll and traded Wilson. Welcome to irrelevancy! Last place next year is locked up!

We had to trade Russ either way.

This has nothing to do with Pete

This has everything to do with Pete. Pete let his franchise qb sour due to his poor drafting and scheme, and absolutely pathetic game day coaching.

I'm in absolute shock that Pete stays but Russ goes

WmHBonney

Reaction score
John63":1kelcqf5 said:
Things hilarious Wilson goes to Denver who had a top 5 defense, a run game as good as ours. And a better oline. And we get lock and few picks the FO has not shown they can do much with. Denver got the better of this trade easily. If it happens.

You think Russ is going to be automatic in Denver?
Why?
Isn't Denver weather similar to Green Bay after mid-November?
We all know how Russ plays in Green Bay.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
hawker84":19hwosbf said:
Seriously F**k this organization from top to bottom. Welcome to the dark ages boys... wish you all the success RW, you deserve it....
F them because they gave Russ what he whined about?

jeremy2020

Reaction score
Awesome. Now we can use those two 1st round picks to trade for another overrated Safety who can't cover!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Hawkpower":cncp8s2t said:
Rat":cncp8s2t said:
John63":cncp8s2t said:
So we get

Lock a horrible QB
2 no name players
2 1sts
2 2nds
And a 5th

Hmm well I will root for Hawks as always, but welcome to loosing for the next 3+ years.

Fyi the trade is pending Wilson's approval. He had nothing to do with this. This is all PC.

Enjoy your new team.

someone should warn the Broncos forum about who's about to invade their space.....

Good luck to you John

You are talking about a fanbase that brought us DonkoSpurt and Cinnamon Girl, so John should fit right in.

chris98251

Reaction score
We will get a taller QB with a quick release that can throw on time and hit targets in the middle, watch Stafford and yes even Goff how they operated, maybe it was about the QB and unable to convert 3rd downs, maybe it was Wilson's stubbornness about running the offense Waldrons and Pete's way.

Lock is not our QB he was a throw in to clear the air in Denver, Smith has to be resigned, time to look at FA QB's, we will not draft a first round QB, we will do what we did before sign FA guys till someone falls to us somewhere, so Clipboard Jesus, Flynn, or someone will come in.

James in PA

Reaction score
RW will be the 3rd best QB in that division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawknballs":mz7fbp73 said:
Hawkpower":mz7fbp73 said:
Hawknballs":mz7fbp73 said:
Look on the bright side, the seasons are longer now so our suffering will be greater and our losses will be even higher while we flounder about looking for a QB for the next 10 years while the fan base boos Drew Lock and attendance dwindles.

Maybe I'm negative nelly but this Franchise just took a huge gamble on Wilson not being as good as his career numbers indicate.

I can only speculate that behind closed doors, his unhappiness was on full display.

why would we boo the 3rd string QB?

Who's QB1 and QB2?

Please spare me the Gardner Minshew nonsense.

Lets let it not be March before we decide Lock is our QB, fair?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It is what it is. Now to see if we can make the best of it.
Watson immediately jumped into my mind, but not if he has outstanding liabilities, and not for 3 1sts. From a skills standpoint he's as good as could be hoped for, and managed to earn that status while playing for HOUSTON!
I wouldn't trade Tyler. He's too good at getting open when a QB needs to get rid of the ball in a hurry.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1a2t0c93 said:
Hawknballs":1a2t0c93 said:
Hawkpower":1a2t0c93 said:
Hawknballs":1a2t0c93 said:
Look on the bright side, the seasons are longer now so our suffering will be greater and our losses will be even higher while we flounder about looking for a QB for the next 10 years while the fan base boos Drew Lock and attendance dwindles.

Maybe I'm negative nelly but this Franchise just took a huge gamble on Wilson not being as good as his career numbers indicate.

I can only speculate that behind closed doors, his unhappiness was on full display.

why would we boo the 3rd string QB?

Who's QB1 and QB2?

Please spare me the Gardner Minshew nonsense.

Lets let it not be March before we decide Lock is our QB, fair?

I'm sorry that I have to explain hyperbole to you. Unless you sincerely think I was serious that Lock was going to be our starter for the next 10 years - or that suffering more due to longer seasons was "looking on the bright side"?

Obvious sarcasm is obvious.

Latest posts