It's Happened - Wilson Traded

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
That's a garbage return. Missing at least another first round pick.

We better get a good stop gap QB in. Mariota, Love or even Garropolo. Not sure I can stomach a season of Drew Lock.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":331bt45h said:
Ambrose83":331bt45h said:
UK_Seahawk":331bt45h said:
mistaowen":331bt45h said:
So we get Drew Lock, the guy who couldn't win (on the field or the starting job) on a strong defensive team that only needs a QB to become legit SB contenders to take the place of the guy who is responsible for dragging this franchise to winning seasons while the FO whiffs on countless draft classes.

Can't wait for JS to turn these first round picks into dozens of late round picks that don't make the roster!

To be fair every QB we have been linked with in terms draft has been legit. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Wilson himself.

Someone will be coming in early.

I'm convinced facts do not matter on this forum... There is not one legit starting caliber QB in this draft ....

There's always someone.

Denial is a powerful thing on here for sure... Get ready to suck for the next decade

keasley45

Reaction score
Interested to know whether the FO moves some picks to Houston for Watson.

That would be something.

Would not surprised if we aren't done.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Not surprised by this deal. The window closed on RW in Seattle as soon as GB gave Rodgers $200 mil over 4 years. No way you can rebuild and be competitive with a QB making that kind of scratch which is what RW would have required next year to stay. Too many holes to fill.

What I am surprised by is why let Pete at age 70, or even John for that matter, helm this rebuild??

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Good God, we suck again. I got no faith in this team to draft. They better put money to good use. I hope were on Watson now

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Not happy we didn't get much more for Wilson than we gave for Adams...however I do think they address the OL and DL this year and get a QB next year. I trust JS to pick an above average to great QB. Like someone said already, he had interest in Allen, Mahomes, and he was the one who picked Wilson to begin with. I think we might stink this season but the future is left as uncertain as this trade was.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GemCity":2bi35ixp said:
Shelby Harris is 30 and had 6 sacks last year. Lock? Let’s not get started. These picks will go to waste and we’ll regret getting rid of a franchise qb for little more than we gave for Adams.

With that said…it is what it is. Since you’re rebuilding, you better unload some other big names along the way. Wagner. Potentially DK. Yah..I know..keep young talent. DKs going to cost a boatload and if he was getting agitated with Russ, how’s he going to be with Drew Lock?

NFC West gotta be feeling real good right now. Especially since our coach ranks at the BOTTOM of the others.
I’m pretty sure Wagner has played his last game in Seattle.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'd rather have Fant than a third first rounder.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Before we say there is no one out there, No one was excited when Russ won the job. Lock isn’t the answer. This trade isn’t done. We can always trade for other players with our acquired picks. Remember, the Ravens won a SB with Dilfer…

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1h0l20gs said:
That's a garbage return. Missing at least another first round pick.

We better get a good stop gap QB in. Mariota, Love or even Garropolo. Not sure I can stomach a season of Drew Lock.

I'd rather have two front line starters in Harris and Fant over another 1st rounder in two years.

That btw will probably be in the mid to high 20's.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Well, that is it.

We weren't going to be good forever.

Not sure what we are going to do with a bunch of exceptional WRs and no QB, but now the move to sign a vet TE makes sense (???)

I guess DK will be the next shoe to drop. Cannot imagine he would want to stay here. Not sure why Tyler would either.

Ick. Ick.

The good news is that we no longer have to worry about what the Rams or the 49ers do anymore, because we won't be in any kind of shape to care/consider them rivals anymore.

Maybe as a best case we can become what the Panthers are now.

Denver just became a contender and we just became irrelevant.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Drew Lock, Noah Fant and Shelby Harris.
Two firsts, two seconds and a fifth.

We gave them Russ and a fourth.
IF PC & JS can use these picks wisely, we will be OK.

AgentDib

Reaction score
GemCity":vgcmf244 said:
These picks will go to waste and we’ll regret ...
I see this sentiment a lot, but let's not lose sight of the fact that with the modern NFL rules building through the draft is the ONLY way to put together a good team.

If you don't trust Pete and JS to draft then a great reason to want to get rid of them. In the meantime, however, we have to still keep trying to build through the draft because there is no viable option B.

Elemas

Reaction score
So, do we get to finally see a game manager in action? Let me hear some replies about how PCs offense only needs a game manager. The same folks that were fine with Geno. Now you have a 6’4” QB that can see over the line.

But…you won’t dare come out and support now.

rcaido

Reaction score
This feels like the Sonics all over again

Ambrose83

Reaction score
keasley45":34qlzov0 said:
Interested to know whether the FO moves some picks to Houston for Watson.

That would be something.

Would not surprised if we aren't done.

For a dude who won't be playing anytime soon ? On second thought ya we will prob do something like that .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This organization is just insufferable. Get rid of the top 5 QB, but keep the 70 year old fossil to rebuild. The FO will screw up any decent draft picks so get used to being cellar dwellers for the next 10 years.

The 90's all over again.

John63

Reaction score
So we get

Lock a horrible QB
2 no name players
2 1sts
2 2nds
And a 5th

Hmm well I will root for Hawks as always, but welcome to loosing for the next 3+ years.

Fyi the trade is pending Wilson's approval. He had nothing to do with this. This is all PC.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
nanomoz":2jqgtguc said:
I'd rather have Fant than a third first rounder.

Keep in mind that you'll have to pay Fant $15 million per year after this year.