Is winning NFC West worth it?

mikeak

Reaction score
I think we get GB and Saints next year if we win our division

Is that worth it?

If we get the bye - I say yes
If we get the two seed - I say yes

If we get third or fourth? Get to play home in crappy weather and get a tougher 2020 schedule? I don't know if it is worth it

I get it play to win, win division, get home game but is it really overall better if GB and Saints gets 1 and 2 spot?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This is wayyyy overthinking. The Saints and Packers could be terrible next year. Bird in the hand.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3f1f8shw said:
But is it really worth it if we win the Super Bowl, guys? I mean, that 32nd pick in the draft and all...

That is different. As I said if we get the 1 or 2 seed absolutely worth it

I am also not saying that we should lose on purpose or that I think we will. Just saying if we end up with 3rd or 4th seed playing home in crappy weather vs maybe in Minnesota dome and easier schedule next year it isn't all bad

Purely a hypothetical, again two wins and a bye is the best thing that can happen.

John63

Reaction score
Well should have brought it up last week, we could have lost out and had a real easy schedule next year and just keep doing it so we always have an easy schedule the following year. Of course we will also never make the playoffs or win anything. Sarcasm off.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm greedy ..Win it all
Worry about the BS of next year ..Next year

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maybe next year they should tank so they can get a 4th place schedule the year after that, while building the roster with can't-lose prospects. Or like if they did it a few years in a row, going winless to get the #1 draft pick. Then BAM! nobody sees what hit them that one season the team goes from 0-16 to 14-2.

You can plan things like this, right?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete had a similar decision in the Beastquake year and the year after. Pete always did everything possible to win. Expect the same. The calculation is not about schedule, but showing Free Agents why they want to come to Seattle and be part of something special, a winning attitude and environment. It brought Cliff Avril, among others, and a Super Bowl victory before. No reason to change that formula. Win every one you can, without taking dodgy risks with injured players.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Beating Arizona this week makes it impossible to be the 3 seed. Win this week and its either 1st round bye or wild card.

beaumaris

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2iwoxuum said:
But is it really worth it if we win the Super Bowl, guys? I mean, that 32nd pick in the draft and all...
Seems to work for the Patriots ok.Got to stop overthinking guy.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":118rzjg7 said:

Now THAT is funny, and great analogy

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Who gives a flying eff about he damn draft?? It's Dec. 18th and the Hawks are the #1 seed and sitting at 11-3.

seahawksny

Reaction score
SpokaneHawks":15zkgm32 said:
No, we should always try to lose. Bring back Stan Gelbaugh while we're at it.

i liked Gelbaugh, he did great with what he had. I say, John Friesz and Glenn Foley would be better choices

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Every year the first goal on the teams white board is to win the division. If that is the goal then why would anyone want to submarine that. It's why they play the games.

You always want to own your division because its the best way to defeat trolls who largely come from your division rivals fanbases. It makes everything about life as a football fan easier. Worry about next year when next year arrives. Right now our team is fighting for a division title and I'm right behind them.

iigakusei

Reaction score
2010 NFC WIld Card game.
Before that game LOTS of people were saying what is the point of going to the playoffs at 7-9, better off losing for a better draft pick.
That game is still my favourite game ever besides the Superbowl win.
Don't overthink it - just enjoy the ride.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good point, we should definitely tank the last two games, get the 5 or 6 seed, lose in the first round of the playoffs on the road and secure the 27th or 28th pick in the draft in order to gear up for a 2nd place division schedule............which means playing teams like the Ravens and Saints at home instead of on the road, where we'll definitely win.

Wait..............

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
LOL, this post is definitely in the running for dumbest in a while.