is Wilson finished..?

Rainger

Reaction score
Chief? You know how racist that is? I'm native American you asshole. Jesus...
Chief has nothing to do with native Americans. It signifies a postion in a hierarchy and goes back prior to discovery of NA.
Man what a bunch of snowflakes the schools and media are producing. "Oh you hurt my feelings with a word" boo hoo.

A person who is offended is the one with the problem not the person who said something with no intent to offend.

Man the world is Fcked up.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
That isn’t the point. The point is that uk’s reaction should have been to immediately apologize when Acer took offense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
He is more or less finished for this season, but may bounced back some next season if the Broncos improve the OL and hire a new HC. Broncos should be calling John Schneider and offer a star LB plus picks for Tyler Lockett. Wilson ain't work without his security blanket.
Yup, that is for sure. Wilson's "progressions and reads" were to scramble around for 5 seconds and then go, "Where's Tyler??!!" Then Russell would read the *DB coverage* on Tyler, NOT "read the defense", to know whether to throw it and where to throw, e.g., which shoulder, back shoulder, etc. Tyler knew what to expect and would always be on the same page.

I think we saw that with Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins as well in the Cards-Saints game, first game back for Hopkins.

toffee

Reaction score
Yup, that is for sure. Wilson's "progressions and reads" were to scramble around for 5 seconds and then go, "Where's Tyler??!!" Then Russell would read the *DB coverage* on Tyler, NOT "read the defense", to know whether to throw it and where to throw, e.g., which shoulder, back shoulder, etc. Tyler knew what to expect and would always be on the same page.

I think we saw that with Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins as well in the Cards-Saints game, first game back for Hopkins.
Before Lockett, that security blanket was Angry Doug, these WRs made Wilson into a star, he needed them more than they needed him. I don't think Wilson gave enough credit to Angry, which may be part of their problems. If I were the GM for Broncos, I would call Schneider for Lockett, for us, this may be the only way to unload Lockett's contract for GREAT returns.

Last edited:

DarkVictory23

Reaction score

Absolutely. His pre-snap read mostly consisted of trying to decide if he had a one-on-one deep ball he wanted to focus on.

After that (if he didn't just decide to deep-ball it into triple coverage anyway because why not?) he simply waited until he saw someone came wide open. That's high school level reads. I could make those reads. (I couldn't keep the play alive long enough to do it, of course, but let's not get into that...)

In fact, it's not even that good because he only ever started looking for Tyler until after he had to completely give up on whatever deep shot he was hoping to take. By then he had already missed his TE 3 yards behind the sticks sitting wide open.

chrispy

Reaction score
Yes, I think he's done. It'll take a few years to play out. He also could orchestrate a career comeback by re-inventing himself. However, I believe the most likely outcome is that RCW never starts a full season again, never wins another playoff game, never signs another long-term contract or plays out his current contract, never appears in another national restaurant commercial and never again is realistically referred to as a top 10 NFL QB.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fragile ego is a perfect way to describe it. Some of us have been claiming that for years now.
That isn’t the point. The point is that uk’s reaction should have been to immediately apologize when Acer took offense.
Wow, the guy calling out Wilson for a fragile ego... a bit fragile himself.

And then doubles down on UK by attacking his British heritage and other anti-Brit slurs. Double standards much?

Last edited:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yes, I think he's done. It'll take a few years to play out. He also could orchestrate a career comeback by re-inventing himself. However, I believe the most likely outcome is that RCW never starts a full season again, never wins another playoff game, never signs another long-term contract or plays out his current contract, never appears in another national restaurant commercial and never again is realistically referred to as a top 10 NFL QB.
I'm 60-40 with you on that. 40% chance IMO Russell could decide to really work on and improve his Within-Structure, On-Time QB abilities. And maybe cut back on* the amount of time and attention devoted to celebrity status seeking BS. He could possibly do it, maybe hire Drew Brees as his personal QB coach or something.

* For sure Russell's in-demand celebrity status has taken a big hit now that he's performing so badly, so he will be involuntarily cutting back on celebrity BS in the meantime.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good comparison to Hopkins.
Thanks for the nod. Watching Kyler Murray vs the Saints, and how much he used DeAndre Hopkins as his security connection and had almost a Vulcan mind-meld connection with him, made me think of Russell and Lockett. I'm glad we faced the Cardinals without Hopkins. Lots of interesting parallels between Kyler and Russell. I think teams defend Murray and Wilson similarly, lots of 2-high safeties, keep them within pocket, etc.

toffee

Reaction score
Thanks for the nod. Watching Kyler Murray vs the Saints, and how much he used DeAndre Hopkins as his security connection and had almost a Vulcan mind-meld connection with him, made me think of Russell and Lockett. I'm glad we faced the Cardinals without Hopkins. Lots of interesting parallels between Kyler and Russell. I think teams defend Murray and Wilson similarly, lots of 2-high safeties, keep them within pocket, etc.
Which defense players on their roster would you want for Lockett?

Rainger

Reaction score
No he shouldn't Acer shouldn't have taken offense. Unless you can PROVE that UK intended to offend.

This, I'm sorry I hurt your delicate woke feelings climate is in itself offensive.

Everyone walking on egg shells that some child will get hiis/her/they/themselves feelings hurt.

Acer should apologise to UK for over reacting and accusing him of being a bad person and calling him a racist, now that is slur.

Last edited:

acer1240

Reaction score
No he shouldn't Acer shouldn't have taken offense. Unless you can PROVE that UK intended to offend.

This, I'm sorry I hurt your delicate woke feelings climate is in itself offensive.

Everyone walking on egg shells that some child will get hiis/her/they/themselves feelings hurt.

Acer should apologise to UK for over reacting and accusing him of being a bad person and calling him a racist, now that is slur.
Woke? Really? Awesome to know that I can now call anyone anything I want with mod support on this forum. And you'll back me on it otherwise you're a hypocrite. It didn't hurt my feelings, it was just wrong. I'm not soft sweetheart, trust me. I play around in the shack from time to time but I respect everyone but Cyrus12 and I've never even accidentally attacked a race (other than Canadians).

Am I missing something here? UK offered a half explanation which I acknowledged. All he has to do is say "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that that may be offensive" and I'll chalk it up to regional and cultural slang term differences. He's refused.

And you are throwing out the "woke" card? I'm not even sure what woke is but it's probably because I am more than likely twice your age. My feels are not hurt but I'll call out anyone who offends me. If he pulled this shit in the smack shack I'd nod and give him credit and a laugh. This was in a forum where that nonsense is not allowed.

Don't know you but any defense of him on this particular issue is confusing to me. You think it's ok to call me chief in the future then?

Last edited:

acer1240

Reaction score
Wow, the guy calling out Wilson for a fragile ego... a bit fragile himself.

And then doubles down on UK by attacking his British heritage and other anti-Brit slurs. Double standards much?
What slurs? Show me.

Rainger

Reaction score
Woke? Really? Awesome to know that I can now call anyone anything I want with mod support on this forum. And you'll back me on it otherwise you're a hypocrite. It didn't hurt my feelings, it was just wrong. I'm not soft sweetheart, trust me. I play around in the shack from time to time but I respect everyone but Cyrus12 and I've never even accidentally attacked a race (other than Canadians).

Am I missing something here? UK offered a half explanation which I acknowledged. All he has to do is say "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that that may be offensive" and I'll chalk it up to regional and cultural slang term differences. He's refused.

And you are throwing out the "woke" card? I'm not even sure what woke is but it's probably because I am more than likely twice your age. My feels are not hurt but I'll call out anyone who offends me. It's called being a man. If he pulled this shit in the smack shack I'd nod and give him credit and a laugh. This was in a forum where that nonsense is not allowed.

Don't know you but any defense of him on this particular issue is confusing to me. You think it's ok to call me chief in the future then?
You called him a racist and the social demand for apologies in today's world is out of hand nuf said. I am not going to argue with you about your delicate sensitivity. And since I am 2 months from completing 71 years, I wonder how you can type at your age of 142.

Get over yourself!

PS in the 60s before all this indignation all of my "native/indian" friends were real men not whining children who feelings get hurt over a word that YOU mis interpret.

Who gave you the right to own the word Chief and its usage?

Last edited:

acer1240

Reaction score
You called him a racist and the social demand for apologies in today's world is out of hand nuf said. I am not going to argue with you about your delicate sensitivity. And since I am 2 months from completing 71 years, I wonder how you can type at your age of 142.

Get over yourself!

PS in the 60s before all this indignation all of my "native/indian" friends were real men not whining children who feelings get hurt over a word that YOU mis interpret.

Who gave you the right to own the word Chief and its usage?
At 71 you should know better. Racist slurs have never been ok. What's changed? I know the origin of the word chief and I also know the origin of a term for a Nigerian. I don't use them for a reason. Maybe when I'm 71 I'll get woke and be able to use certain terms but for now I will try not to offend anyone in that way.

balakoth

Reaction score
So draft position is not Seahawk related? Jesus, this place needs new mods. American ones.
At no point in your actual message did you state anything relevant to Seattle football... nice reach though... Perhaps you should move out of America

balakoth

Reaction score
Chief? You know how racist that is? I'm native American you asshole. Jesus...
Now you are trying to play a card for the sake of playing that card... You sir..are a giant clown.

Imagine thinking that word only applies to a particular demographic or type and its directed towards apparently you as a native american.. rofl gimme a break kiddo

balakoth

Reaction score
At 71 you should know better. Racist slurs have never been ok. What's changed? I know the origin of the word chief and I also know the origin of a term for a Nigerian. I don't use them for a reason. Maybe when I'm 71 I'll get woke and be able to use certain terms but for now I will try not to offend anyone in that way.
Again sir.. you are a literal moron.. I care not about punishment.. but holy **** are you stupid

Rainger

Reaction score
The word Chief is NOT racist except in the minds of people who see everything as raciest. That is the reason society is going to hell in a handbasket because of all the victims and race baiters.

And anyways Canadians are not a race, Indians are not a race, Spanish people are not a race, Arabs are not a race, on and on and on.

There are 3 races. Caucasian, Negroid and Asian. coloring, language, location, country does not create a race. All the new modern change to races and making multiple sub sets as races is merely to appease people who want to dis associate from their group and be unique, created by élite academics in Woke universities.

Definition of chief
(Entry 1 of 3)
1: accorded highest rank or office chief librarian the company's chief executive
2: of greatest importance or influence the chief reasons their chief accomplishment

chief
adverb
Definition of chief (Entry 2 of 3)
archaic
: CHIEFLY

chief
noun
Definition of chief (Entry 3 of 3)
1: the upper part of a heraldic field
2: the head of a body of persons or an organization : LEADER chief of police
3: the principal or most valuable part

1. One who is highest in rank or authority; a leader.
2. a. A chief petty officer.
b.
Nautical The chief engineer of a ship.
3. Slang A supervisor; a boss.
4. Heraldry The upper section of a shield.
adj.
1. Highest in rank, authority, or office: the chief scientist in the lab.
2. Most important or influential: the chief ingredients in the stew.

Acer wants to own the word of CHIEF for his neurosis.
neurosis
noun
  1. A psychological state characterized by excessive anxiety or insecurity, compensated for by various defense mechanisms and lacking evidence of neurologic or other organic disease.

Last edited: