Impressions from ESPN's Seahawks Live Camp

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":odays35i said:
Recon_Hawk":odays35i said:
Scottemojo":odays35i said:
Bates looked awesome with the 2nd team.

Quoted for truth.

There was a soundbite of Wilson giving props to a receiver for his offseason work and improvement. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Bates.
Maybe its just me, but Bates also looked like he'd grown another inch or two. I mean I know he hasn't, but he just seemed taller than before.

He's not just you. He looks huge out there. I forgot he switched to number 88 and for a second thought Cameron Morrah was back on the team.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tical21":2wkxdv20 said:
Don't tell Taco that way more teams make the playoffs and win championships in baseball than any other sport.

Over what time period? Because, since 1998 (15 years), there have been 11 NFL teams who have won the Super Bowl versus only 9 MLB teams.

skater18000

Reaction score
kearly":hy4tenh5 said:
The best play of the day I thought was a catch Harvin made on Earl Thomas. Kris Richard coached Earl up after the play but frankly I don't see how he could have defended it any better. Just a perfect throw and a circus catch from Harvin. It was a reminder of just how much pure talent Harvin has.

Yeah that was intense, our two very best players going at it. Earl was so close... Game of inches fellas!

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
Phil Bates look really good made some really good jump balls. I know it was all on the twos but it looked like he knew how to really use his body.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
some of u guys are being wayyy too critical. given what it was, a live hawks practice hosted by kenny mayne and john gruden, i think it was a breathe of fresh air. i actually enjoyed it for what it was and watched the thing the whole way through. the only real problems i saw were that the camera guys werent always in sync the commentators, and the commentators talked a little too much. i probably would have like to seen more 1v1 and technical stuff, but hey, this was the first time doing something like this and was just 1 day of practice. atleast they didnt showcase russell or dis on shawn all practice... or is that what u want? lol

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
kearly":foe1uobw said:
Looked like the DBs gave up once the ball was in the air on those Richardson TDs. Smart, you don't want to risk injury in practice more than necessary..

doesnt matter if our dbs "gave up" after being beat or not. richardson is beating our dbs at the line, and once he does that, hes gone. all it takes is half a step in this league. speed kills

wish i could have seen norwood in there too

The Radish

Reaction score
kearly":xvhkjcmr said:
Looked like the DBs gave up once the ball was in the air on those Richardson TDs. Smart, you don't want to risk injury in practice more than necessary. But I would take those big plays with a grain of salt. Richardson is not great on contested throws and they didn't really contest him on those plays. He's fast though, and that might be enough to make plays sometimes or at least force defenses to respect him.

The best play of the day I thought was a catch Harvin made on Earl Thomas. Kris Richard coached Earl up after the play but frankly I don't see how he could have defended it any better. Just a perfect throw and a circus catch from Harvin. It was a reminder of just how much pure talent Harvin has.

I laughed at that too. He was using both hands to cover him so they suggested he put his right arm out there to block the ball. lol

Harvin made that really difficult catch look pretty easy.

:les:

The Radish

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1acvct64 said:
Snakeeyes007":1acvct64 said:
Cartire":1acvct64 said:
Holy shoot. Kenny Mayne is just calling out Gruden. LOL.

"That great Gruden. But you didnt answer my question. (para phrase) Here, let me tell you how to answer this"

EDIT: Hahaha, i think they have almost gave up on him. He's now begging them to respond to him.

LOVE me some Kenny Mayne! His quick wit, deadpan delivery, and dry sense of humor are All-Pro. (and he's a big 'Hawks fan so there that too) :0190l:
Well that makes one of us.

:th2thumbs:

Rainger

Reaction score
Not available in Canada. Didn't feature a Toronto team.

Not allowed to watch the Mariners in Canada either unless they are playing Toronto or a team in Toronto's division when Toronto isn't playing. We are so F*ing controlled up here.

But we did get to watch some bull about Toronto baseball or some bull about Toronto CFL or some bull about Toronto soccer. Oh and some bull about the NHL that is just around the corner.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Watched it last night, very very cool.

If you would have told us 10 years ago that ESPN would go out of their way to create a two hour training camp special focused solely on our team that most of the country couldn't even find on a map? Would have called you crazy.

dunceface

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2e1b27tz said:
Watched it last night, very very cool.

If you would have told us 10 years ago that ESPN would go out of their way to create a two hour training camp special focused solely on our team that most of the country couldn't even find on a map? Would have called you crazy.

I did appreciate the constant fawning over our sheer awesomeness as well

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":ga4791m7 said:
Richardson is not great on contested throws...

Wrong. How about avoiding the urge to use false info as a filler. [emoji106]

Tokadub

Reaction score
I was half asleep for the parts I saw so I really have no idea (not because it was boring I pulled an all-nighter).

What stood out to me at that half asleep time was that our defenders were getting their butts kicked. I think our receivers caught every single throw I saw... kinda weird even Sherman got beat.

Thanks for posting the videos, I wanted to see this in it's entirety when I'm not half asleep. I might have another post after I watch this. But it seemed they were doing a pretty crappy job showing our players. Bad production/editing it seemed they missed a lot of interesting stuff with some random far off camera angles or forced (scripted) commentary.

Tokadub

Reaction score
LOL at the coach lying on ground in place for one of those parking lot shaped step thingies in their warm up. They really don't have enough for 3 rows gotta use a coach?

http://vimeo.com/102062194

@ 18:50 dang Kearse has some serious butterfingers drops a soft touch pass right off his hands, it was like a 15 foot throw couldn't be an easier catch....

I really don't get why everyone assumes Kearse is a lock to make the team, he has made clutch plays but it almost seems like a fluke since his catch % is 10% lower than the rest of our team last season and he drops stuff like this...

If you notice the majority of Kearse's catches last season looked awkward like he's bobbling it about to drop it, not too sure about this guy but since Rice retired he'll probably make it and put up more mediocre stats with poor catch rate.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
The other commentators were not digging kenny mayne which made it even better because he is funny. and they are not.

That said they all seemed to enjoy themselves and it was great to watch.

One thing though, Kenny mentioned "Darren you were in that players meeting," followed by Darren Woodson saying "oh did you not get the memo Kenny?"

I wonder what they had to cut?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tokadub":258k02u4 said:
What stood out to me at that half asleep time was that our defenders were getting their butts kicked. I think our receivers caught every single throw I saw... kinda weird even Sherman got beat.

If that's the case... WOW! An offense that can go up against our defense and take the field from them is destined for great things. Even Peyton Manning's record-setting Broncos couldn't even talk about doing that.

If we have a defense that performs like last year's defense, and an offense that can kick that defense's ass, hang onto your hats and buckle your seat belts, ladies and gentlemen! It's gonna be a helluva year!

bigcc

Reaction score
The quote that stood out to me was Wilson telling Bevell "11 (Harvin) has been working hard with me all offseason" after completing a pass to him.....

I feel like Harvin has never had the personal dissatisfaction he has now, while his teammates and fans back him up..... I have a feeling he is going to be unstoppable.

Latest posts