If you think the reason for the offense....

Fuddhawk

Reaction score
looking so good has nothing to do with Percy Harvin, you're out of your mind! Look at what we saw Thursday night....the Packers were so consumed, and rightly so, with him that it opened up the rest of the entire offense.......and we really didn't get the other wide outs into the game!!

The rest of the NFL will have to commit their LB's close to the line of scrimmage as soon as Percy goes in motion or remains in the backfield. That will open up Miller for short passes and crossing patterns over the middle for our WR's.

I feel sorry for our opponents.................and if the defense can hold opposing teams to field goals and keep them from scoring touchdowns and we can stay injury free, well, we should have home filed advantage in the playoffs once again.

One more thing, where are the "old timers" on this board..?? Don't see any of them here that much. Have we all "grown up"....?? I hope not.

Fudd out....

Cartire

Reaction score
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Who said our offense looking good has nothing to do with Percy?!?!?

Its its on the forums, I havent seen it.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we did pretty good last season without him for most of the year, so....

But, as has been said numerous times around here, Percy adds a whole new level of bad-assedness to our offense that approches the unstoppable. I don't think I've read anywhere that Percy isn't a huge plus to this offense. He is. But without him last year, we were 12-3 reg season and 2-0 post. Love the kid, but the last thing we want to do is start relying on one player to win games.

Like Marshawn said, "They got to stop ALL of us." ;)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
sutz":3lo79avp said:
Well, we did pretty good last season without him for most of the year, so....

But, as has been said numerous times around here, Percy adds a whole new level of bad-assedness to our offense that approches the unstoppable. I don't think I've read anywhere that Percy isn't a huge plus to this offense. He is. But without him last year, we were 12-3 reg season and 2-0 post. Love the kid, but the last thing we want to do is start relying on one player to win games.

Like Marshawn said, "They got to stop ALL of us." ;)

More like

LYNCH: Well they're gonna have to stop all of us. You feel me?

SANDERS: I feel you.

LYNCH: I'm a beast to it, but, we got some dogs.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping they're grooming Richardson in the background to be a spare Harvin. It'd be a shame to go back to a more vanilla offense just because Harvin got hurt...

The Radish

Reaction score
My God a Fuddhawk sighting, can it be?

Welcome my friend, good to see your name again. AND,,,, LONG LIVE MIKE HOLMGREN!

:les:

Bob_the_Destroyer

Reaction score
Improvements in the offense (in this order):

1. Russell Wilson. Even better vision, even better decision-making, even better accuracy, even better everything. He is the perfect quarterback for this team, with all its weapons. I don't think I would trade him, at his age, for any other quarterback in the world.

2. Percy Harvin. He is back to his MVP candidate self, or better. Like the poster said, the defenses focus so much on stopping him that it opens up everything else, and makes everyone, especially Marshawn Lynch, better.

3. James Carpenter. If he continues to play like he did against Green Bay, he is the best guard in the league.

4. JR Sweezy. The Seahawks might have, as Tom Cable said, the two best guards in the league. No, not the best two guard combination in the league – the two best guards in the league.

5. Paul Richardson. I suspect they are keeping him under wraps a bit, but also, there are not enough plays to go around for everyone. The slant play that was burning the secondary every day in practice has not been seen in public all through preseason and the first game. Russell Wilson says his hands are even better than his feet and that his catch radius in practice is incredible.

6. Marshawn Lynch. Came into camp in fantastic shape; he is the best he's looked in a couple of years. They used to say that 28 was the age where athletes hit their peak performance, but went downhill fast after that.

7 Justin Britt. He was not perfect, but he was incredible for a rookie. He is definitely an improvement over what we had last season. So far, he looks better than Erik Fisher or Jake Matthews looked last season. What an amazing draft pick by John Schneider.

8. Derrick Coleman. I was disappointed to lose Kiero Small, but Coleman has improved so much, especially his blocking, that he might be the best fullback in the league.

9. Luke Willson. His blocking is at a whole nother level compared to last year. He is at least above average at blocking for a tight end, which is a huge improvement for him. Also, he caught a pass against Oakland, in the end zone, in traffic, with his thumbs pointing in, where he had to go up for the ball. It is the very first (and only) time I have seen him catch like a tall receiver. There might be hope for him yet.

10. Improved Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin. We didn't see them hardly at all against Green Bay, but the two receivers have improved significantly over the off-season.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
8.) Credit goes to Tom Cable... JS might have gave him the pick but he's the one that ultimately decides who the player is going to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No one's said our offense is ENTIRELY successful because of Percy, it can't be he only played in 55% of the snaps.

But don't fool yourself, Percy is a HUGE factor, in not only his production, but how he pulls the entire defense with him opening up space for other guys to make plays.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gozktw4 said:
No one's said our offense is ENTIRELY successful because of Percy, it can't be he only played in 55% of the snaps.

But don't fool yourself, Percy is a HUGE factor, in not only his production, but how he pulls the entire defense with him opening up space for other guys to make plays.

Dude absolutely tilts the field. Thats why we brought him over. Supreme difference maker.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im still confused about the OPs original comments.

Who said the offense would look this good without Percy?