People boo'ing Russ but not Bobby.

toffee

Reaction score
Bobby didn't want to leave, we did him wrong on how he was released, poor Bobby learned about his release on social media. Emotionally, we owe him.

Wilson actively worked on leaving the Hawks for years, he was two faced in tell us one thing (Hawks for life), while doing the other (exploring opportunities). Emotionally, we don't owe him.

chrispy

Reaction score
I don't know if it's fair or hypocritical or evil or anything else... I just know I like Bobby better. For a big pile of reasons (that may or may not matter to others). I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything but that's what it really comes down to, to me. I can't see myself ever boo'ing BWagz.

keasley45

Reaction score
I get it. I really, really do.

Russ got Traded and the Hawks cut Bobby. One felt like a choice and one was forced.

I see people on twitter saying i will boo Russ as he is a rival now. Then when asked about Bobby they said they will cheer. I said that feels hypocritcial. They said "Bobby was cut".

Bobby chose LA over Balty. He picked the NFC West. Family. Im sure. Im sure it was that and shoving it in Pete's face and the Hawks as well. Wait, i have proof.

In the end, Los Angeles had two things that Baltimore and Dallas didn't: family and a revenge game on the schedule. The Rams have two against Seattle each year.

“Playing the Seahawks twice a year was the cherry on top," Wagner said. "I’ll make sure they see me every time we play them. They’ll know where I’m at; I’ll make sure, I’ll tell them. It won’t be a quiet game for me.”

So if you boo one guy, you should boo both. Or its somewhat hypocritical.
Bobby was all Seahawk.

Russ became all Russ and in the process, slandered the team, his teammates, coaches... all so he could create a narrative that made him look squeaky clean and like a victim.

Not remotely the same situation. Has nothing to do with being cut v traded.

Torc

Reaction score
This is Ken Griffey Jr. vs Alex Rodriguez. One was honest about wanting to play for his Dad's team, one insisted it wasn't about the money and then signed a record deal to leave. Griffey was cheered, people threw monopoly money at Alex.

I don't think Russ leaving was strictly about the money.....but I think the perception of Russ is very similar to the perception of A-Rod at the time. There's no hypocrisy in boos for Russ and cheers for Bobby.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I'm not a boo'er, so no issue there.

Definitely standing and applauding if there is a Bobby video tribute; but wouldn't do the same for Russ. An inebriated Marshawn could crash a Toyota Tacoma into the 12th man flag and I would applaud it. It's the feelings that you engender when you're a real one.

I'm not sure there's a hypocrisy at play if people just find one of the two infinitely more likeable and respected than the other. And it's not about having something against being a dork or a dweeb, if he had been authentic people would appreciate him for it and find it a little endearing.

If you're authentic - even when accounting for your flaws, issues and imperfections (Marshawn, Sherm) you remain considerably more likeable than a phony.

Bobby, with his resume (6 x 1st team all-pro, 2 x 2nd team all-pro, 2010s all-decade team, an MVP vote, spent considerable time as the best in the world at his position) is the calibre of player that Russ has delusioned himself into thinking that he is.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a boo'er, so no issue there.

Definitely standing and applauding if there is a Bobby video tribute; but wouldn't do the same for Russ. An inebriated Marshawn could crash a Toyota Tacoma into the 12th man flag and I would applaud it. It's the feelings that you engender when you're a real one.

I'm not sure there's a hypocrisy at play if people just find one of the two infinitely more likeable and respected than the other. And it's not about having something against being a dork or a dweeb, if he had been authentic people would appreciate him for it and find it a little endearing.

If you're authentic - even when accounting for your flaws, issues and imperfections (Marshawn, Sherm) you remain considerably more likeable than a phony.

Bobby, with his resume (6 x 1st team all-pro, 2 x 2nd team all-pro, 2010s all-decade team, an MVP vote, spent considerable time as the best in the world at his position) is the calibre of player that Russ has delusioned himself into thinking that he is.

You stated my thoughts so eloquently. As others have mentioned, players with flaws are likable (and sometimes relatable) provided they're authentic.

During the SB years, I remember thinking how unique everyone was. I liked Russ then with his corny commercials, Mr. Rogers sweaters, and Aloha shirts and was disappointed to find out that many of the players didn't like him. Well, hindsight is twenty twenty and the players figured it out early and it took eons for many of us to catch on.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I get it. I really, really do.

Russ got Traded and the Hawks cut Bobby. One felt like a choice and one was forced.

I see people on twitter saying i will boo Russ as he is a rival now. Then when asked about Bobby they said they will cheer. I said that feels hypocritcial. They said "Bobby was cut".

Bobby chose LA over Balty. He picked the NFC West. Family. Im sure. Im sure it was that and shoving it in Pete's face and the Hawks as well. Wait, i have proof.

In the end, Los Angeles had two things that Baltimore and Dallas didn't: family and a revenge game on the schedule. The Rams have two against Seattle each year.

“Playing the Seahawks twice a year was the cherry on top," Wagner said. "I’ll make sure they see me every time we play them. They’ll know where I’m at; I’ll make sure, I’ll tell them. It won’t be a quiet game for me.”

So if you boo one guy, you should boo both. Or its somewhat hypocritical.
Cant blame him. Who the F wants to live anywhere near Baltimore?

Last edited:

hawks85

Reaction score
Wilson was a snake oil and use car salesmen in Seattle, doesn't mean he isn't talented but we have been saying the whole time it's a front to who he really is.

Bobby is everything Wilson acted like he was.
Wilson is a bible thumping douchebag. I'm glad he's gone because I think Wilson is garbage, I've always thought that.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Even if this were true (it's not), then he got cut so doesn't he have a reason to be a little bitter?

Fans should hold that against him the same as a QB who was a phony, talked out both sides of his mouth all the while telling his agent to get him traded?

When everyone in this thread is kicking you in the nuts over your terrible take? Maybe it's time to take a breath and come up for air.
Lol Got the thread going didnt i? I mean you get kicked in the nuts daily during the season with your posts, yet you still post. 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
And thank you. I love the fired up responses by everyone. I can not wait to beat Russ and Denver opening night.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Simple. One is a future, first ballot, Hall of Famer, who behaves like he is just another player. The other is just another player, but behaves like a future, first ballot, Hall of Famer. Pretty easy, really.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Or we just pull for our team and stop obsessing about FORMER players?
I know your hurt. You loved Russ. So did I. Unfortunately, this will be the topic this yr. Also, some people get super angry over a breakup.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Simple. One is a future, first ballot, Hall of Famer, who behaves like he is just another player. The other is just another player, but behaves like a future, first ballot, Hall of Famer. Pretty easy, really.
Both will be HoF.