I wonder how Pete's removal will impact John Schneider.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I also wonder how much input he had in deciding to remove PC as head coach. Schneider's position as General Manager has always been unique in that PC hired him and PC has had the final say in all personnel decisions. Does this mean JS will now have the final say in all personnel decisions like other GMs in the league? If so, then JS will be the one choosing the Hawks' next head coach (obviously with Jody Allen having the final say). This offseason just got VERY interesting.

ccla

Reaction score
I also wonder how much input he had in deciding to remove PC as head coach. Schneider's position as General Manager has always been unique in that PC hired him and PC has had the final say in all personnel decisions. Does this mean JS will now have the final say in all personnel decisions like other GMs in the league? If so, then JS will be the one choosing the Hawks' next head coach (obviously with Jody Allen having the final say). This offseason just got VERY interesting.

I hope so!

chris98251

Reaction score
Bieniemy, Quinn, Vrabel, or...... Belichek.................. Wouldn't that be something, Kraft and him are having the same talk Jody and Pete had.

If John is safe and is in control, a lot we don't know yet and is Pete in the Organization as VP of operations or just gone now? I see a proven Coach or long time assistant, Although DeBoer would also be interesting or Pederson, Moving to the new Conference and unknowns versus a chance to go to the Pro Game.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Literally got done saying thanks to Pete in the other thread and was coming to make this exact thread.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You think with the Seattle-UW ties that would put Harbaugh not a consideration?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
It seems odd to move on from Pete and keep John.

Only they know behind closed doors who truly had the decision making for the drafts and trades. Perhaps there really was a lot of draft picks or trades John was trying to set up that got veto'd.

OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Only they know behind closed doors who truly had the decision making for the drafts and trades. Perhaps there really was a lot of draft picks or trades John was trying to set up that got veto'd.
Possibly, however, one of the stipulations PC had before agreeing to come to Seattle was that he had the final say concerning all personnel decisions. I doubt that changed during his 14 years with the Hawks.

keasley45

Reaction score

I'm sure it was partly his call. I've mentioned this a few times before, JS and Pete were a great team, but they were on the opposite sides of things on a few important points - the character of players (aggressive personalities being needed), wanting to move away from Russ 5 years ago, being ok with Bobby moving on...

JS sees the org going a different direction. It was notable that he hasn't been nearly as visible on the sideline this year or in the press this year

Hoping he's high on Harbaugh.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Pete’s already said in his press conference that he’s excited to see what JS does next without him and who JS brings in as coach… did anyone listen to the conference and Pete or shut it off and celebrate after he stated that him and the organization mutually agreed on new leadership?

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Harbaugh turned Stanford into a world-beating football team.
He then won everything with Michigan.

And between those he took a SF team with Kap as the QB, to the SB.
He's probably one of the few HCs that wouldn't fail here, considering the challenges of replacing Carroll.
He would also probably enjoy sticking it to SF twice a year too.

But he is also likely the top pick of almost every NFL team looking for a coach (5+ teams).

This would be a huge test for JS. He's got a great track record of finding star players, now we need him to find a star HC.
Let's hope he stays because the org would be that much poorer without him. I don't see us getting Harbaugh, and we will need someone to steer us through the storm to follow.
JS has shown enough we should want him on this rebuild.

Last edited: