Reaction score
Akseahawksfan had my favorite saying that season

"Don't blow sunshine up my ass" lmao

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Throwdown":1j76a9zh said:
Akseahawksfan had my favorite saying that season

"Don't blow sunshine up my ass" lmao

He was the #1 troll that year basing all of his judgments on the noise rather than the signal.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
He came down from Alaska one year and was at Temple before a game when I still lived in Seattle. Good dude. A little crotchety, but I'm sure he is happy (or not :lol: ) wherever he is now.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I was fine with Pete the coach. I just didn't want him to have any control over the roster. I pretty much had it wrong.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Wasn't on the board (obviously), but was certainly against the hire. I think everyone knew Mora wasn't the coach. I was very thankful the Holmgren era was officially done.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Obviously I like Carrol. Good cigars & attractive women are also something I like... anybody else out there? LOL

ivotuk

Reaction score
Throwdown":340m9y0q said:
Largent80":340m9y0q said:
Or the Sims and Josh Wilson trades?

lol people went NUTS over that Wilson trade.

Like me? :p Didn't care for Sims but I was a huge Josh Wilson fan. Little did I know about Pete's plan, but I have learned. :th2thumbs:

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Or how about people being pissed about losing Daryl freaking Tapp!?!!

FargoHawk

Reaction score
As much as I love Snohomie, he HATED losing Wilson and I think Tapp too.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I had my doubts about the guy because I saw him back when he coached the Jets..I hate USC..When he took over and was signing and cutting players left /right..I knew then that this guy has a plan and it's unlike any I had seen a Hawks coach do before ..So upon seeing that and good drafts..I knew we were doing something special...I now love the coach and hope he is here for another 10 yrs...

chris98251

Reaction score
I had huge reservations, but I have learned that the Pete we see on camera and the Pete in the meeting rooms and during practices are not the same guy, always positive but decisive in his handling of things. You have a guy that works as hard or harder then his 22 and 23 year old players and puts the time in. Players love him becasue he does and he doesn't blow wind up your ass. When he says compete and win he demonstrates it every game day roster. Guys respect that becasue they know they always have a chance to elevate their game and get a shot.

hawk45

Reaction score
Liked the Pete signing right away. Always amazed at the benefit of doubt Sark got when I felt he was the beneficiary of Pete's awesomeness.

kearly

Reaction score
I was pretty stoked for it. However, 75% of my excitement just came from the fact that Pete would finally be leaving the Pac-12, which I feared he would dominate for the next 15-20 years. Most of what was left was excitement that Seattle had the balls to fire Mora after just 1 year, a much needed move that was far from assured.

As far as Pete, I was a little perturbed that he came to Seattle spouting the same mindless cliches verbatim as Jim Mora ("dirtbags!" "turnovers!" "compete!" "grit!" "build through the draft"). Most coaches say that shit, but what made PC/JS so special is that they could actually pull it off.

When Pete praised Aaron Curry then ditched talented, under-rated players like Tapp, Wilson, and Sims, then turned around to trade the equivalent of two 3rd round picks for Charlie Whitehurst, I feared he was incompetent. The roster churn just seemed like desperation. I actually believed in Pete a lot more the first week he was here than I did at about the 3 month mark.

Then they killed that first draft and it was all good times from there.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was in STL, driving to the airport in my rental car when I heard the news that Mora was fired. Of course it was local radio and being the Haters they are showed glee. It was "do they have any idea what they are doing"? And predicting literally 5 years of demise.

When I got to the airport I sat at a Jose Cuervo bar stool and started sucking down the 1800. Then ESPN came out with the news that Seattle was making a deal for Carroll, but there were formalities left. I smiled so big knowing that He has going to get the keys to the kingdom and that no longer would the team be loaded with seniors.

I knew things would be different, but it was evident in that first game against SF that the Hawks were going to be a physical team. I did not have any idea how far he would really take it. I thought it would be 4 years to build a contender and instead he built a contender immediately. What is really amazing about the whole thing is that the Hawks only missed the playoffs one of PCs 4 years and he has won the division twice in spite of the Niners development. PC/JS.. Paul Allen... Thank you for this. Amazing.

AlphaOmega

Reaction score
I had my doubt at first about Pete Carol even though I liked him. What I knew about Pete was this: he dominated the then Pac-10 for years.

Back in 2009 or so I had a thought: wouldn't it be nice that Paul Allen hired Carroll out of USC to coach the Seahawks?

Then it actually happened. I was very happy at first, but then I got down on the hire after I learned that Pete Carroll was going to be in charge of the roster and personnel. I was kind of angry, too. The Holmgren experience wasn't enough already? Mike Holmgren was a good coach but a terrible front office guy. I never knew why Paul Allen trusted Carroll after it didn't work out with Holmgren.

I had low expectations entering the 2010 seasons but was so excited about the division crown. Then Beast Quake.

2011 season was a roller coaster season for me with lots of ups and downs. The Hawks were one of, if not the most, penalized teams in the NFL but everyone can see that they're young, aggressive, hungry and talented. Because of the 7-9 record of that year, entering the 2012 season I hoped that the Seahawks will have a winning record, have a playoff spot in 2013 season and fight for the NFC crown in 2014.

I never expected the Seahawks would win the Super Bowl this year. Absolutely amazing. I hope Pete and John will be in charge of the Seahawks for another decade.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
chris98251":3hlteuum said:
I had huge reservations, but I have learned that the Pete we see on camera and the Pete in the meeting rooms and during practices are not the same guy, always positive but decisive in his handling of things. You have a guy that works as hard or harder then his 22 and 23 year old players and puts the time in. Players love him becasue he does and he doesn't blow wind up your ass. When he says compete and win he demonstrates it every game day roster. Guys respect that becasue they know they always have a chance to elevate their game and get a shot.

After learning what caused the scratch on Pete's face at the Super Bowl....could there ever be any doubt that Pete takes his job just as...if not more seriously than any player on this team?

Reservations initially? ...what "real" Husky fan didn't? However, his "modus operandi" was so different from the rest of the NFL teams that deep down inside I just knew that "once he broke the surface of the water", he would be unstoppable.

dunceface

Reaction score
I remember being elated that it was finally the end of the Mora era, but it took some time to get over the preprogrammed Pac 10 hatred of Pete but it took all of about ten seconds...and once I heard they were letting him pick his own GM and that we landed a guy from GB I knew big thangs was poppin!

drdiags

Reaction score
I am a company man. I tend to respect authority, sort of the old "Mine is not to question why, mine is but to do and die" kind of fellow. I am not shame to say I pulled for Tim Ruskell every year to pull his head out. Pulled for Mora to get it going. So when Pete was hired, I just fell in line. Same with the trades/cuts etc. Just figured I would see where it went. Pulled for Whitehurst, Jackson, Flynn then Wilson. Wanted to see Pete succeed just to shut up the haters.

Wanted Wilson to succeed just to shut up the haters. Wanted every underdog being dragged through the mud by fans stick it to them. Curry wasn't my hope in the draft, wanted Crabtree, but once he got selected, I tried to support him.

I like reading people's opinions and see their passions but I try like hell to not attempt to act like I know what is best for the club. Others feel differently and I respect that.

Right now, I am just buying Seahawks gear and trying to figure out what just happened. One lucky guy who never gave up on these guys, though the years had made me a little cynical. I tried to keep from being fatalistic.

Seesurfer can be happy though. I read the Browns have been watching the Seahawks for a year or so now, trying to model their franchise after some of the things Seattle has going on. He will feel right at home here or there.