I guess what ticks me off the most about all this....

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkFan72":msxh6lgz said:
There are 2 things to consider her about the trade return:

1) Idzik and JS know each other. They worked together. I don't know if they are friends, but it wouldn't surprise me. JS isn;t going to rip Idzik off. JS was probably very open and up front about why they are trading Harvin because he knows Idzik isn't stupid. In that sense, this is why we are lucky the pick could escalate to a 2nd rounder. Idzik probably said, I know he's worth at least a 2nd, but with the risk we're talking about I can only offer a 4th. JS probably said, "Ok then, let's make it conditional." But JS was never going to try to rip Idzik off.

2) We had to consider who we were trading Harvin to. We may have received more in return from another team. But would you trade Harvin to an NFC Playoff team? Would you trade him to a team that we have to play this year? The Seahawks traded him somewhere safe. He's out of our Conference, he's off our schedule, we don't have to see him anymore. Plus, trading him to a contender would be rewarding him for his behavior. He went to a team that is in the gutter. It sends a message: Don't like it here? Then go play for a crap team.

So maybe the Seahawks could have gotten more. But maybe it just wasn't worth it.

Point two is great and probably very valid.

ceej22

Reaction score
akscoundrel":72t8n5fk said:
^no, but I also don't think we/they cared to give it any time. More of a statement to gtfo.

Ian Rappport disagrees and says they have been quietly looking for a trade for a few weeks. I'll take the word of a guy who gets paid to be find these things out over an emotional fan.

He won't be putting up MVP numbers with the Jets. So you can rest easy there. Even if he does he was dividing our locker room so it would t have happened here.

Also, get over the whole Bevell thing and give some credit to 5-1 Dallas. It's not like Russ played a great game. Matter of fact it was the type of game that makes you wonder if he should get an elite deal or average deal this offseason. Harvin would have had a touchdown on one of the bubble screens had it not been for a missed block by Kearse. Not Bevell's fault when the players don't execute. And Lynch was just over 3 yards per carry before he broke out for a long one late. Everybody wants Bevell to go back to ground and pound to Lynch as if that's not predictable while being mad at him for being predictable lol.
Oh and pretty sure Bevell had nothing to do with giving up 3rd and 20 and then letting Murray get nearly have his yards after that. Bevell is responsible for the false starts and holds though....oh wait that's not true either. Fact is we were outplayed, out coached, and generally did not prepare well for that game.

OP
OP
A

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Hawkpower":4bow5cam said:
akscoundrel":4bow5cam said:
There's probably more to the story, but at the same time a lot of the players are shocked/wtf'ing as well. So yeah, how big of an issue were his 'issues', really? And how much of this is just the epitome of bevells incompetence?

Baldwin got in Wilson's face last week too, you know? Is he a cancer too, who we need to trade?

I agree with you, we need to know more of the story.

But your point was that we needed to get more of a return for him, and deserved (or not) he has a poor reputation around the league now which diminishes his value despite his talent.

If JS could have gotten more, he would have.

True, I'm just frustrated man. Extremely curious to find out what the environment in the locker room has been really like tho.

bigwrm

Reaction score
And now a couple of Jets reporters are saying the draft pick is actually lower than originally reported....great.

@MMehtaNYDN
It's my understanding that the conditional pick that the Jets gave up with a sixth rounder. No official word from the teams yet. #nyj

@BrianCoz
I'm not sure of exact parameters of the conditional pick but it won't go as high as second round, per source. #nyj

@BrianCoz
The reports on the conditional pick the Jets sent to Seattle are not accurate, I'm told. What has been reported is too high. #nyj

SeatownJay

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/523512569383116800[/tweet]
Looks like the pick is a 6th rounder with the chance to become a 4th rounder.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2sum3rn1 said:

Wow.

That blows.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Hawkpower":10rna3yo said:
SeatownJay":10rna3yo said:

Wow.

That blows.

They are taking his contract off our hands, that is compensation enough. Percy is a malcontent and the Ryan and Iizik are trying to save their jobs. This is a prayer if I have ever heard one. Why would they give us a 2nd? The Jets will not make the playoffs so his real contribution (if there is any) wouldn't even be till next year. Stupid trade for the Jets.