I’m callin it, Brock Purdy is him

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don't understand what the issues are with Brock.. other than he's a 49er.. Seems not to make mistakes, plays within himself..passes are accurate and doesn't seem to get rattled that said, I don't like him, he's a 9er.

I like him even though he is a 49er.

bileever

Reaction score
I hate it that the 49ers got so lucky. But props to Shanahan for finding him, and then having the insight to play the guy. Shanahan is one lucky guy.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
3 games in a row where Purdy has been bad. Doesn't mean he's bad, but he has been bad. He made me a believer earlier this year the way he was dottin' people up, but he's had some regression.

evergreen

Reaction score
I think it's pretty hard to be a QB in the NFL. If your's isn't awesome, there's not a bunch of new ones to trade into. We have Geno who on his best is a top ten but his floor is top 20. Just ask Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco.

94Smith

Reaction score
Brock Purdy IS him!!!!

By which I mean, Jimmy Garoppolo.

55/88, 762 yards, 3 TDs, 5 Ints with a 77.9 passer rating in the last 3 games.

View attachment 61484
Almost the same as Geno Smith:

68/102 799 yards 4 TD/5INt and a 82.9 % rating. Plus a long history of suckage. Ill take the rookie thanks

Marvin49

Reaction score
No one was calling Geno Joe Montana. But keep up the false equivalencies, please. You sound like ScooterMagruder trying to call Dak elite.

People are WAY to quick to flip from "elite" to "he sucks".

Purdy is good. No question at all to me. Question is HOW good. Is this his ceiling? Will he become Jimmy G?

What was frustrating with Jimmy wasn't that he made mistakes. It was that he kept constantly making the SAME mistakes. He never learned.

Brock isn't Jimmy. First off, he is a FAR, FAR more accurate thrower, particularly down field. He's also MUCH less impacted by pressure.

The question is whether he learns from these mistakes or he does what Jimmy did and never learns the lesson.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Imagine this is why Deebo wanted what he wanted.
The 49ers are going to continue to lose until Deebo comes back.
Then magically, they are going to start winning and their rush attack will become one of the better ones again.

He's integral to their success. That means they don't succeed without him.
Its also likely the reason their QB looked so good and now looks so bad.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Imagine this is why Deebo wanted what he wanted.
The 49ers are going to continue to lose until Deebo comes back.
Then magically, they are going to start winning and their rush attack will become one of the better ones again.

He's integral to their success. That means they don't succeed without him.
Its also likely the reason their QB looked so good and now looks so bad.
Possible some truth there...

...but honestly I think it has more to do with Trent Williams being out. The O-Line isn't great...ESPECIALLY without Trent.

That's a big reason they can't run. Brock also went 3-0 without Deebo last year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
People are WAY to quick to flip from "elite" to "he sucks".

Purdy is good. No question at all to me. Question is HOW good. Is this his ceiling? Will he become Jimmy G?

What was frustrating with Jimmy wasn't that he made mistakes. It was that he kept constantly making the SAME mistakes. He never learned.

Brock isn't Jimmy. First off, he is a FAR, FAR more accurate thrower, particularly down field. He's also MUCH less impacted by pressure.

The question is whether he learns from these mistakes or he does what Jimmy did and never learns the lesson.
I never said Purdy was elite, I never said he sucks. I said he's a point guard who will go as far as the talent around him carries him, he will not carry a team himself.

Guess what? That's exactly what Jimmy Garoppolo is.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I never said Purdy was elite, I never said he sucks. I said he's a point guard who will go as far as the talent around him carries him, he will not carry a team himself.

Guess what? That's exactly what Jimmy Garoppolo is.

I know you didn't. That wasn't really directed at you...speaking more in generality.