Haynes Re-signs

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice re-signing. Haynes issue has been health. He played in 15 games last season but prior to that the most he played in a season was 5 games. Gabe Jackson and Phil Haynes were both on the team last season. So this doesn't necessarily mean Jackson is gone. I hope Jackson is though because as he hasn't lived up to his contract with the Seahawks.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Haynes made $2.5M last year. Let's hope that he signed for less than $3.0M. We need the cap space for others.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team did draft him in the 4th round in 2019 so they thought he had serious potential, but he has been hurt quite a bit.

flv2

Reaction score
Haynes made $2.5M last year. Let's hope that he signed for less than $3.0M. We need the cap space for others.
I think you're going to be disappointed. Re-signs at this time of year are normally when the team has estimated the market value for a player but is prepared to pay a bit more than that value. It tends to happen when the player is popular, a scheme fit, and where the team otherwise has suspect talent. I'm not saying Haynes will be expensive, but he's not going to be cheap.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He really flashed late in the season in 2021. It'd be awesome if he could stay healthy and compete for a spot with (probably) a rookie.

Jville

Reaction score
This is his prove it year. I'm guessing Haynes is a late bloomer. His return provides welcomed continuity.

Akidnbev2qew3nj2ieiw

Gjbnljt1fprupnhxtqyj

The best is yet to come!

sutz

Reaction score
Well, let's hope he has some strong competition in camp. ;)

He spent most games that he actually played platooning. I hope we can find a guy who will fill the RG spot full time. I hope we go G/C early, meaning late day 2 at least, but if we find a guy in Rd 2 they like I could dig it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I think you're going to be disappointed. Re-signs at this time of year are normally when the team has estimated the market value for a player but is prepared to pay a bit more than that value. It tends to happen when the player is popular, a scheme fit, and where the team otherwise has suspect talent. I'm not saying Haynes will be expensive, but he's not going to be cheap.
So, make a prediction of his 2023 salary and we'll see who comes closer.

My guess is $3.0M.

I'm guessing my "disappointed" salary is north of $4M, right?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
hoping this is just a depth move. 1 year deal. only 5 starts in 4 whole seasons. couldn't completely unseat gabe jackson despite jackson's huge decline.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
hoping this is just a depth move. 1 year deal. only 5 starts in 4 whole seasons. couldn't completely unseat gabe jackson despite jackson's huge decline.
Haynes is an insurance policy for IOL before the draft.

I'm guessing there's very little, or no, guaranteed money so he'll have to make the final 53 to earn whatever salary he signed for.