Hawks should impose a deadline w/ Kam

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The Kam Chancellor era in Seattle is OVER. I just pray he is traded out of the NFC. Now, what scrub hopefully improves to be serviceable through the season? I haven't seen the talent myself. Sigh...Hopefully the rest of the team on both sides of the ball pick it up hard.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I feel oddly nonplussed about the Kam situation. Whether it's as simple as money or much more involved with aspects we'll never know about, the Seahawks will still take the field week 1.

I wish the best for all involved and trust them to make decisions that make sense for them.

titan3131

Reaction score
could we package a trade with ATL irvin + kam for some 1st round picks?

or just trade them both for JJwatt!

Pipe dreams...

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think there is zero chance he gets traded - but maybe that is just me. If you were JS what would you ask for in a trade? For me anything less than a first rounder and I hang up the phone.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
iigakusei":i29ddxbq said:
I think there is zero chance he gets traded - but maybe that is just me. If you were JS what would you ask for in a trade? For me anything less than a first rounder and I hang up the phone.

I'd ask for a 1st and a 3rd !!

vin.couve12

Reaction score

SUhawk":3u6x9wtt said:
Losing Earl would be a much worse impact on the defense compared to ss kam. There is simply not a safety in the league with Thomas coverage ability. He allows defenders in front of him to play freely

This is often what is said so that's what everyone says, but the reality if it is that he is most commonly a deep 3rd safety. Meaning, 3 people are deep. Not just him.

I think you have to go back to the Redskins game in the playoffs to see the last time he beat the deep ball to a spot. In the couple INTs he's had since, in the endzone no less, it was Sherman who tipped it to him because he arrived late.

Don't get me wrong, ET is still the best FS in the league, obviously; but there's what people say and there's the evidence of what actually is.

This thing about Kam is ridiculous though. Seattle has no NFL championship with out him. As to whether he's more or less important than ET is irrelevant.

Largent80

Reaction score
Last time I checked we still have Earl Thomas and Sherman back there. Also a group of talented "next men up" to help fill the void. Enjoy the year Kam, I know I will with or without YOU.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
The Hawks just gave this man 21 million of Paul Allen's money upfront, this isn't charity. Simple, play with us or sit out. Do to Chancellor what the Vikings did to Peterson. He has NOT earned his money so he needs to play or sit.. Simple as that. If he pouts, then put him on the behavior suspension list. This crap is unacceptable.

SUhawk

Reaction score
Earl Thomas can play single high safety if he had too, as long as the d line plays on a high level. You can't really say that about many safeties without them getting exposed constantly.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Polaris":1kdzzjdx said:
Actually when Kam was in that position, there was a lot of doubt about his play and long term prognosis at Strong Safety. His aggression and hitting were evident even then, but his coverage skills were.....suspect. We forget that before 2013 or so, Kam wasn't nearly as good as what he since became.

I think it's Earl Thomas who has helped Kam make the transition from good to pretty damned good.
Thomas has been turning on the lights and I believe that was the cerebral side of the equation that has put Kam over the top.
We all don't know for certain that there isn't someone else vying for the chance to prove that that can catch on...Maybe not to the same degree that Kam has developed into, but maybe with Thomas' tutoring, it might be enough to still keep the Seahawks Secondary pretty competitive.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2pafizjp said:

SUhawk":2pafizjp said:
Losing Earl would be a much worse impact on the defense compared to ss kam. There is simply not a safety in the league with Thomas coverage ability. He allows defenders in front of him to play freely

This is often what is said so that's what everyone says, but the reality if it is that he is most commonly a deep 3rd safety. Meaning, 3 people are deep. Not just him.

I think you have to go back to the Redskins game in the playoffs to see the last time he beat the deep ball to a spot. In the couple INTs he's had since, in the endzone no less, it was Sherman who tipped it to him because he arrived late.

Don't get me wrong, ET is still the best FS in the league, obviously; but there's what people say and there's the evidence of what actually is.

This thing about Kam is ridiculous though. Seattle has no NFL championship with out him. As to whether he's more or less important than ET is irrelevant.
It's common for ET to bias his coverage away from Sherman because Sherman generally doesn't need the extra safety cover. That ET wasn't there for the int but instead got the tip is a less a blight on his coverage than it is a credit to his range to cross the field to be in position for the tip.

There isn't a safety in the league who can match Thomas for range, which in itself is a deterrent to long passes against us and one of the big reasons we lead the league in fewest big plays against us.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I seem to remember hearing how the other members of the LOB feed off his physical play. For example the big hit early against Denver in the Super Bowl. We may really miss that. Or the way he will even blow up offensive linemen to ruin running plays.

I read someone here saying he must be getting bad advice. Anyone else watch Ballers? I know it's not a god show, don't judge me :). For those who do, I wonder how many Reggie's are out there giving their buddies bad advice on demanding money.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2y117b8f said:
I seem to remember hearing how the other members of the LOB feed off his physical play. For example the big hit early against Denver in the Super Bowl. We may really miss that. Or the way he will even blow up offensive linemen to ruin running plays.

I read someone here saying he must be getting bad advice. Anyone else watch Ballers? I know it's not a god show, don't judge me :). For those who do, I wonder how many Reggie's are out there giving their buddies bad advice on demanding money.

Regarding your first paragraph, there's no denying that the team feeds off of his intensity. Does that mean that they can't function at a high level without him? As professionals, do they need someone kicking them in the ass to get focused? Someone needs to step up and carry that mantle (if it comes to that) but why shouldn't they be able to?

Phoenix

Reaction score
-- YES --

Impose a deadline

:thfight7:

BTW, dumb question, but has Kam passed a physical for this year? Or is he even required to pass the physical whilst holding out? He's still on the roster, so the Seahawks should ask him to come in for evaluation and prove he's able to perform 'at and beyond' his current contract value before any talks can continue.

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/636319495468945408[/tweet]

King Dog

Reaction score
Screw that. Our Super Bowl window is open RIGHT NOW. If we can't get something for Kam that helps us right now, let him sit out for the next 3 years or retire.

He needs to get into camp ASAP.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
He's holding out with the assumption that his base salary is not enough incentive to get him on the field. Who's going to give the Hawks value and immediately renegotiate?

I'm not interested in even commenting or speculating further; it's all up to Kam and the front office. Hope it gets fixed soon.