Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Mitch":19pvd9hj said:
Mitch
Post subject: Re: Harvin likely to end year on IR
Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:23 am

"I believe that all of the speculation about Harvin going on IR comes back to Pete's one comment on the prospect of this happening. Does anybody have any real information other than he is not practicing? A first round bye gives Harvin two more weeks to get off the couch."

I may have finally got one right. All of the talking heads were throwing out nonsense based on one comment from Pete. :0190l:

What?

Mitch

Reaction score
Pete made one comment about the possibility of Harvin being put on IR. From this one line blurb came all of the speculation from ESPN and others that this was going to happen.

Edit:
Harvin likely to end year on IR
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83938&start=0

Seeker

Reaction score
well to be fair he was missing 15/16 games and all of preseason.
Also the question about putting PH on IR was coming from a logical place of needing to clear roster space.
this wasn't in a vacuum.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
like sisqo said "i dont really think you want to unleash the dragon"

well we do!

unleash the Harvin!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":mi5fyauw said:
I'm not going to overreact about him not being on the sidelines lending support to his teammates because I suppose he doesn't have the bond that they have developed over the years by 'going to war' along side one another. Maybe he's just doing the whole 'injured high-profile signing trying to avoid the press' sort of thing, I dunno.

I'm not going to say it doesn't bother me at all though. I think it would be cool to see him at least patrol the sidelines with Sidney Rice during games, but, hey, that's just me. I waver between getting impatient and wanting to give him a clean slate with Seattle, and right now I'm leaning in the direction of 'clean slate.' That said, he strikes me as standoffish at the very least and Prima Donna at worst, though I probably don't have enough info to be sure of that call.

To the die-hard Percy fans that support him unconditionally, I get it. Most of you probably followed him since he was a Gator, but that doesn't mean you can't look at him with a critical eye sometimes, no? I really don't have a problem with the whole rehab thing because there are so many variables involved, but I do get slightly concerned when I see potential team-unity issues. Then again, I was concerned with Marshawn not showing for voluntary OTA's for that same reason, but that turned out OK :D
Well said. This is basically how I feel too. Bottom line, if he comes back and helps the Hawks win the Superb Owl, that's what really matters the most and all I've ever wanted for this franchise.

Green13

Reaction score
I believe that 90% of the naysayers would have a different opinion if we had just seen Harvin on the sidelines at home games.

I think that would have changed a lot of opinions.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
BamKam":qk40c5lr said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10220436/percy-harvin-seattle-seahawks-avoided-injured-reserve-workout

Watch the video. Ed Werder reports that Percy had a "Phenomenal" throwing session with Percy yesterday. Great news!

If Percy is throwing to himself AND catching said ball, WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Green13":r6idp4z0 said:
I believe that 90% of the naysayers would have a different opinion if we had just seen Harvin on the sidelines at home games.

I don't get that. He's rehabbing a weight bearing joint and people want to see him standing around in the cold for a few hours. That wouldn't help, so why do it?

A

Anonymous

BamKam":3kbgzxvs said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10220436/percy-harvin-seattle-seahawks-avoided-injured-reserve-workout

Watch the video. Ed Werder reports that Percy had a "Phenomenal" throwing session with Percy yesterday. Great news!

Tap tap tap...

Is this thing on?

Crizilla

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2fy60p74 said:
BamKam":2fy60p74 said:

Tap tap tap...

Is this thing on?

use Chrome?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":212pbj1i said:
Green13":212pbj1i said:

I don't get that. He's rehabbing a weight bearing joint and people want to see him standing around in the cold for a few hours. That wouldn't help, so why do it?
Unity, feeling of "team".

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":7jm149kd said:
AbsolutNET":7jm149kd said:
Green13":7jm149kd said:

That sounds nice and all, but I don't buy that a guy not being on the sidelines when rehabbing a hip is going to mess up the team chemistry. If I were a player, I wouldn't want to see him standing around on the sideline during December in Seattle when he's rehabbing a hip.

BamKam

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2v1lp83z said:
BamKam":2v1lp83z said:

If Percy is throwing to himself AND catching said ball, WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Lol good catch. Walked right into that one.

A

Anonymous

Crizilla":2wkad4pl said:
HoustonHawk82":2wkad4pl said:
BamKam":2wkad4pl said:

Tap tap tap...

Is this thing on?

use Chrome?

Would be nice if folks read at least all the posts on a given page before re-posting the same information. :mrgreen:

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3k0lns3p said:
Crizilla":3k0lns3p said:
HoustonHawk82":3k0lns3p said:
BamKam":3k0lns3p said:

Tap tap tap...

Is this thing on?

use Chrome?

Would be nice if folks read at least all the posts on a given page before re-posting the same information. :mrgreen:

To be fair, this info (that he will practice) also had it's own thread already that was closed due people getting their emotions all up in the air.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84358

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":14plrip6 said:
hawksfansinceday1":14plrip6 said:
AbsolutNET":14plrip6 said:
Green13":14plrip6 said:

That sounds nice and all, but I don't buy that a guy not being on the sidelines when rehabbing a hip is going to mess up the team chemistry. If I were a player, I wouldn't want to see him standing around on the sideline during December in Seattle when he's rehabbing a hip.

If only Harvin could work on rehabbing his hip while some other people could be on the sidelines cheering on the team, that would be ideal. That way, the team could still feel like a team and Harvin could avoid standing around in the cold.

Oh, wait, we could have those people cheering on the team dance around, too... kinda like Sherm does at times. That would really be inspirational.

But you know, some of those players are ugly (McQuistan, anyone?). Maybe we should mix some really attractive people in there cheering and dancing.

Wait... wait..

I just had an amazeballs idea...

Let's make them WOMEN and put them in skimpy outfits. :th2thumbs:

A

Anonymous

HoustonHawk82":mfnrpir5 said:
Crizilla":mfnrpir5 said:
HoustonHawk82":mfnrpir5 said:
BamKam":mfnrpir5 said:
Tap tap tap...

Is this thing on?

use Chrome?

To be fair, this info (that he will practice) also had it's own thread already that was closed due people getting their emotions all up in the air.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84358

No no, the same link to the ESPN Werder story was posted about 6 posts up the page. :34853_doh:

Not threads in the forum, posts within the thread.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":em3qsc79 said:
No no, the same link to the ESPN Werder story was posted about 6 posts up the page. :34853_doh:

Not threads in the forum, posts within the thread.

I get what you're saying, he posted in this thread what you already posted in the same thread. But I was just saying, when you said Harvin will be practicing this week and included a link, the info that he will be practicing was already known since yesterday's presser. The link you provided was new info though.

Green13

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":36ycnqnv said:
Green13":36ycnqnv said:

First of all, it wasn't that cold most of the time and they have heaters on the sideline. Second, there's a big long bench he could sit on. But most importantly it would help a lot of people feel like he was invested in the team. I'm not saying he isn't, I have no idea, but it would have been great to see him out there. It would have meant a lot.

That said, if he returns a kick off for a 102 yard TD, takes some heat off Lynch and helps this team get a Lombardi, no one will remember any of this.

I wish him nothing but great luck. He's a Seahawk, this is a magic year.

Status
Not open for further replies.