Guarantee You Carolina Was Rooting For That FG

Optimus25

Reaction score
Vikings played the game of their lives and couldn't get it done.

Cam is going lose a little sleep tonight. They would have walked on green bay or washington.

thebigcat

Reaction score
not really.... we are familiar with the Hawks, both teams play close and tough, we finally broke through with a win against SEA this year. I think if anything Cam and Co. want to face Seattle because if you are going to be the man you have to beat the man and your team is the NFC Defending champs until proven otherwise

DHawk

Reaction score
thebigcat":15j9el6o said:
not really.... we are familiar with the Hawks, both teams play close and tough, we finally broke through with a win against SEA this year. I think if anything Cam and Co. want to face Seattle because if you are going to be the man you have to beat the man and your team is the NFC Defending champs until proven otherwise

:th2thumbs:

I just hope our offense actually shows up against your Panthers.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
thebigcat":gbbj0h5q said:

I disagree. I remember being thrilled we drew new Orleans in 2013 cause we would just manhandle them all over again. I mean in retrospect sometimes you come to appreciate those crazy awesome matchups, like the nfccg that year, but the path of least resistance is certainly on any athletes mind. In this league the window is so incredibly small you gotta check the ego at the door and hope for any mismatch or advantage at any time.

FanSince82

Reaction score
Rat":1n8jjzot said:
Not if they were watching the first three quarters.

This

Who would be afraid of that abortion of a team? We can't lay an egg against Carolina and expect God to save us again.

randomation

Reaction score
Rat":1gacx43z said:

We are a passing team now for better or worse these conditions were not helpful for a passing team. Our D still played lights out against a Vikings team that played inspired.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
FanSince82":1ce6br80 said:
Rat":1ce6br80 said:

This

Who would be afraid of that abortion of a team? We can't lay an egg against Carolina and expect God to save us again.

While i certainly agree it was bad, the fact is it was one of the top four coldest games ever. Let that sink in before we pass immediate judgement. Secondly, the Vikings defense has heard all week about we were going to cram it down their throats, and they literally played the game of their lives. That was the best performance you will ever see from the league's fifth best scoring defense. That's a big obstacle. Huge... Think back to like super bowl forty eight for us, stars aligning, all that. They should have just murdered us.

But we got one Russell Wilson.

And they got teddy Bridgewater.

We own the series against Carolina, and it took a remarkable comeback for them to win even one.

They're going to be rusty. The bye week is not always a blessing.

Have we ever lost in Charlotte?

Carolina is scared. They may not say it, or act it, but come kick off time they're going to be saying, 'damn you Blair Walsh.'

Can you imagine winning fifteen games and getting bumped in the divisional?. Holy crap that would be unprecedented I'd bet.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
randomation":142fhoqc said:
Rat":142fhoqc said:

We are a passing team now for better or worse these conditions were not helpful for a passing team. Our D still played lights out against a Vikings team that played inspired.

Inspired is the understatement of the century. They played like their very existence was on the line. It was a mountain to overcome, but russ did it.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
thebigcat":1vizgyg0 said:
Nah maybe you want Carolina to face the Hawks to prove that Carolina is better, but the panthers themselves would rather face WA or GB

el capitan

Reaction score
This will be the sixth time in four seasons that these two teams have met, and whilst we may own the series but every game has been close.
This season The Panthers were 15-1, they already beat us in Seattle and they're at home, I should imagine they're going to be pumped about being given this opportunity to prove they are the best team in the NFC. Think about it, in 2012 all we wanted was a chance to knock off the 9ers in the playoffs.
Having said that I expect the Hawks to play a lot better than they did today.

OP
OP
O

Optimus25

Reaction score
el capitan":csfpnczz said:
This will be the sixth time in four seasons that these two teams have met, and whilst we may own the series but every game has been close.
This season The Panthers were 15-1, they already beat us in Seattle and they're at home, I should imagine they're going to be pumped about being given this opportunity to prove they are the best team in the NFC. Think about it, in 2012 all we wanted was a chance to knock off the 9ers in the playoffs.
Having said that I expect the Hawks to play a lot better than they did today.

I still go back to how much of a cup cake GB or Wash would have been tho.

Can't imagine their pump to play us is anything more than an attempt at self deception. I would personally guarantee at least three (minimum) Panthers screamed the F word in frustration after the shank a la a Vikings fans.

It's not often you get to waltz straight into the nfccg with just a light warm-up. Green bay and Washington both looked abysmal against Carolina. Like it wasn't even a fun game to watch.

There's only one team who can punch them in the mouth.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":1nz8asmk said:
Can you imagine winning fifteen games and getting bumped in the divisional?. Holy crap that would be unprecedented I'd bet.

Not unprecedented. Remember the Sonics vs Denver? Like 1994 or so? #1 seed vs #18 or whatever seed, lost in the first round. Unprecedented in the NFL maybe.

dadof3

Reaction score
FanSince82":3qia0w97 said:
Rat":3qia0w97 said:

This

This was a hard fought defensive battle against a good opponent in un-godly conditions. To call our team an abortion is ridiculous

dadof3

Reaction score
FanSince82":6vi3a99p said:
Rat":6vi3a99p said:

This

This was a hard fought defensive battle against a good opponent in un-godly conditions. To call our team an abortion is ridiculous