GREATEST players to NEVER …….

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
You asked a question, then got annoyed with the answers. Are their's wrong?
I’m certainly not annoyed.

Most folks start threads to have a conversation, I did that with this one.

I’m truly interested in what people think or have to say about the players they want to ad.

My question in response was nothing more than encouraging a bit more information to ad to the overall conversation.

Do you have something you’d like to ad to the actual topic at hand?

NoGain

Reaction score
There's a bunch worthy of consideration. But as someone already mentioned, Dan Marino sits at the top of my list as well because he was great and he played the QB position, the most important position in all team sports. The guy was like the first video game QB putting up mind-boggling numbers at the time. When people talk greatest QB's of all time, Marino is always on my short list.

PS> Jim Brown was a good call, but he was pre-SB era.

PSS> When talking greatest RB's of all time, IMO there's only three that make the short list, Jim Brown, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders. That's the first tier to me.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I’m certainly not annoyed.

Most folks start threads to have a conversation, I did that with this one.

I’m truly interested in what people think or have to say about the players they want to ad.

My question in response was nothing more than encouraging a bit more information to ad to the overall conversation.

Do you have something you’d like to ad to the actual topic at hand?

If not move along.
Just seemed a strange criticism. As to what I would add, I was trying to quote the dude who posted the Jim Kelly picture, but my phone just wasn't having it. Along with Kelly, there was obviously Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed.

Also, much as we dislike the 49ers, Frank Gore. Oh, and Curtis Martin. 3rd and 5th alltime rushers. And LaDainian Tomlinson.

keasley45

Reaction score
Win a Superb owl. ???

There’s actually a pretty significant list. Some that are talked about fairly often, some not so obvious as well.

I’ll start with one of the not so obvious and probably my personal favorite.

Who you got?

Earl Campbell

He was absolutely “beast mode“ before there was such a thing.
click this video and check the play @ 21 second mark. (Link works it’s a redirect to youtube) Great memories for those of you that know. Must watch for any younger football fan that was not around at the time.
In spite of never winning the Big Game he has quite the list of achievements.

Good one. Still think he doesn't get enough cred for how dominant he was.

NoGain

Reaction score
If we're talking first ballot types to have never won a SB, some others deserving a mention...

--Dick Butkus
--Anthony Munoz
--Allan Page
--Larry Fitzgerald
--Deacon Jones
--Kellen Winslow

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just seemed a strange criticism. As to what I would add, I was trying to quote the dude who posted the Jim Kelly picture, but my phone just wasn't having it. Along with Kelly, there was obviously Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed.

Also, much as we dislike the 49ers, Frank Gore. Oh, and Curtis Martin. 3rd and 5th alltime rushers. And LaDainian Tomlinson.
It wasn’t a criticism.

NoGain

Reaction score
Career aggregate statistics can sometimes be a bit deceiving. Emmitt Smith, the career leader in rushing yardage, for example, as great and durable a RB as he was would probably be in my third tier of greatest RB's of all time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Jim Brown.

One of my pet peeves is that people tend to think of professional football starting with Super Bowl I.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score

I don’t think any Football fan can NOT respect LT.

IF they don’t I’d have to question their motives or understanding of the game.

Latest posts