Glad for the W, but the offense is unacceptably bad

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FidelisHawk":18sdbfyg said:
RolandDeschain":18sdbfyg said:
Everybody has blind spots. 40 years of experience and achieving the highest levels possible doesn't mean you're immune from them. Customers of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae would have said the same thing you're saying before the collapse, Fidelis.

I can understand that premise, but as posting fans, I suggest, we have even bigger blind spots. We have less information, less access to pertinent information and less analytical equipment available to us. Then it presumes we can definitely see problems, to a higher degree, than those that do have the very facts and devices we do not.

It then forces us to assume that someone that was a defensive minded coach, has total team authority and as much money available to him, as Pete does, would either not try to find the best Offensive Coordinator attainable or keep one that he thinks is, or is somehow unaware is, keeping him from winning as much as possible. Because, geez, he’s such a nice guy? He’s known him forever and can’t find it in his heart to fire him? He just doesn’t care?

These assumptions just don’t seem logical to me, and if it doesn’t make sense to me, I have a hard time wrapping my head around why it seems to make sense to so many others.

That was the only point I was trying to make.

You're trying to use common sense as your base, and therein lies the rub.... As For every man & woman posting here on .NET there's a different philosophy, and what is common sense to yourself, may not coincide with someone else's concept of what "Common Sense" means.

randomation

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":lucgy4iv said:
Offense did its part to nail down a win and put us on our way to sixth-straight double-digit win season. I’ll take it — and the playoffs.

Oh dear lord you literally cannot be serious. We won because Bailey went full on yips post groin injury and the D was stout when they needed to be. Russ did just enough to get our ass backwards gameplan across the goaline twice literally zero credit to coords for this shit show.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2wfrirrb said:
You're trying to use common sense as your base, and therein lies the rub.... As For every man & woman posting here on .NET there's a different philosophy, and what is common sense to yourself, may not coincide with someone else's concept of what "Common Sense" means.

:lol:
That is a rub, because that would mean either I’m really smarter than everyone else or everyone else is completely in the dark.

But for some reason my “common sense” tells me neither is likely to be true.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
randomation":1jsa21by said:
Siouxhawk":1jsa21by said:
Offense did its part to nail down a win and put us on our way to sixth-straight double-digit win season. I’ll take it — and the playoffs.

Oh dear lord you literally cannot be serious. We won because Bailey went full on yips post groin injury and the D was stout when they needed to be. Russ did just enough to get our ass backwards gameplan across the goaline twice literally zero credit to coords for this shit show.

Without the Pick-6 and two missed field goals by Dallas Seattle loses. That has ZERO to do with Seattles offense. Please, stop with the lazy analysis and elaborate on how the offense did it's part..... The defense held the Dak, Zeke and Dez show to zero TDs.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":7ohd4ivv said:
randomation":7ohd4ivv said:
Siouxhawk":7ohd4ivv said:

Without the Pick-6 and two missed field goals by Dallas Seattle loses. That has ZERO to do with Seattles offense. Please, stop with the lazy analysis and elaborate on how the offense did it's part..... The defense held the Dak, Zeke and Dez show to zero TDs.

Okay without the 2 td from the offense Seattle loses so. The reality is both the offense and defense did what it needed to do to win.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gotta love how even in wins, people will do the whole "but they would have LOST is x happened"
Geezus, just enjoy a win. It's ok to enjoy a win :irishdrinkers:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3r4ctw49 said:
Gotta love how even in wins, people will do the whole "but they would have LOST is x happened"
Geezus, just enjoy a win. It's ok to enjoy a win :irishdrinkers:

I enjoy the win, but the offense needs to start propping up the defense or the injuries will pile up. Oh wait. Too late.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, they are capable up putting up a chunk of points, we have seen it. They truly are impossible to predict.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20bspy13 said:
Yeah, they are capable up putting up a chunk of points, we have seen it. They truly are impossible to predict.

the answer is two-words BEVEL & Cable. The only question is, if PC is part of the problem as well

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Win as a team, lose as a team. Not like the D hasn't vanished in some games. Just been a strange up and down year. But hell yes, the play calling has been dreadful, yet again. Bevell seems almost incapable of using Russ and the players he has correctly. Let alone how they look like they are sleepwalking in the 1st half of games. There's no excuse for that crap. Dial it up from the get. No reason they can't play 4 quarters like they did against the Eagles.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Anthony!":1nefqq1u said:
SoulfishHawk":1nefqq1u said:

the answer is two-words BEVEL & Cable. The only question is, if PC is part of the problem as well

He is...