Geno Smith: Comeback Player of the Year

chris98251

Reaction score
He was a Starter in NY and then benched and not really used or taken seriously till last year as a player, he was a Vet back up. Taking a hold of the Starter position here and away from Lock.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
So people having an opinion is silly. Got it. Typical coming from you.
God forbid someone doesn't want the Hawks to overpay for Geno, when the team has SEVERAL holes to fill in the draft and free agency.
Geno is damn good, and was a pleasant surprise. A couple years at 20-25, sure. Maybe even 30 with incentives per year.
Not EVERYTHING has to be an argument. Geezus man.
So why in the hell do you insist on being cocky, and making it an argument Fishy?? Geezus Indeed

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I still think Walker should have won the rookie offensive player of the year award. Especially not getting that many snaps until Penny went down.

I started to go the anti-Pete route a few years ago but, he made a strong argument for Coach of the Year

Woolen…he’s incredible and talk about a diamond in the rough! But, Sauce deserved the award for rookie DPOY. I think Woolen has a higher ceiling. His physical attributes alone are a huge asset. Considering he played at a small school and then performed like he did on the big stage….Gardner had already done that to some degree. At UC, his team went to the CFP (as did Bryant). Gardner will surely get better but, I still see Woolen surpassing him.

Grats Geno!
Woolen kinda slowed down in the 4th quarter of the season, otherwise he'd have nabbed it. What's really important is that we got a 5th rounder who's as good as the 4th overall pick so there's no comparison in value whatsoever. If Walker hadn't missed that game and a half late in the season I think he nabs his also. Having that much production with 4 different sub-par QBs is quite an accomplishment in itself, though. It's not like he's undeserving, but Walker had better stats in fewer games.

DaveG

Reaction score
Woolen kinda slowed down in the 4th quarter of the season, otherwise he'd have nabbed it. What's really important is that we got a 5th rounder who's as good as the 4th overall pick so there's no comparison in value whatsoever. If Walker hadn't missed that game and a half late in the season I think he nabs his also. Having that much production with 4 different sub-par QBs is quite an accomplishment in itself, though. It's not like he's undeserving, but Walker had better stats in fewer games.
I think the reason Woolen's stats went down is that QB's quit throwing at him. Kind of like he was too good to be DROY.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Two seasons ago Wilson was a nearly unanimous MVP but he pissed away the second half. Mid season votes don't matter.
Apparently they do matter Fats, as it likely had some sway in their decision on their Geno that "Comeback Player of The Year Award", eh?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Shame that Geno getting a well-deserved Award for his persistence and hard work, pisses-off some of y'all Seahawks fans, eh Pitts?

Doesnt piss me off at all. I just dont think its deserving. To finally having a good year after years of being terrible shouldnt constitute as an award. Coming back from an injury or something on those lines is more fitting.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Doesnt piss me off at all. I just dont think its deserving. To finally having a good year after years of being terrible shouldnt constitute as an award. Coming back from an injury or something on those lines is more fitting.
Geno did not have "years of being terrible", that is a totally false statement. Geno had years of sitting on the bench sitting behind several All Pros, and not getting the opportunity to showcase his abilities. He lost his starting job while playing with the Jets do to an injury and by the time it was healed, the Jets had move on. Be a hater if you must, but at least be truthful with the facts.
For all intents ands purposes, Geno just finished his rookie year in spectacular fashion, and the future of both Geno and the Hawks will go nowhere but up.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Apparently they do matter Fats, as it likely had some sway in their decision on their Geno that "Comeback Player of The Year Award", eh?
This might be your most out there comment. Geno's play all season long was what their decision was based on. So, technically you're right but it doesn't make your point. The post, which you miss as often as you mis-define words, was that the season isn't over at 8 games and the whole season counts. I still find it funny that a media is slime and out to get us is basing his entire argument on that same media being honest, accurate and deserving of praise. Same media accused of east coast/anti-Seahawk bias in the OROY voting.

keasley45

Reaction score
It's funny how direct the connection is between those who were diehard RW fans who could see him do no wrong and blew Geno off preseason, and those who think the recognition Geno's received undeserving.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno did not have "years of being terrible", that is a totally false statement. Geno had years of sitting on the bench sitting behind several All Pros, and not getting the opportunity to showcase his abilities. He lost his starting job while playing with the Jets do to an injury and by the time it was healed, the Jets had move on. Be a hater if you must, but at least be truthful with the facts.
For all intents ands purposes, Geno just finished his rookie year in spectacular fashion, and the future of both Geno and the Hawks will go nowhere but up.

Guess the biggest point being missed is that he wasnt good enough to start ahead of those QBs ahead of him. He still isnt and will never be. Lets not lose sight of that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Guess the biggest point being missed is that he wasnt good enough to start ahead of those QBs ahead of him. He still isnt and will never be. Lets not lose sight of that.
Can 100% guarantee you'll never use this same logic regarding players who leave Seattle and perform better elsewhere.

Latest posts