Frustrating Former Seahawks

rjdriver

Reaction score
The end to Ken Hamlin's (Seahawk) career was frustrating. He had really molded himself into a physical "Easleyesque" type player. I thought he would contribute for a very long time. He was never the same after his late night altercation left him with a fractured skull and brain bleeding.

He did go on to have a pro bowl year in Dallas, but I feel strongly he would have stayed a Hawk had he not been hurt in that fight.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The end to Ken Hamlin's (Seahawk) career was frustrating. He had really molded himself into a physical "Easleyesque" type player. I thought he would contribute for a very long time. He was never the same after his late night altercation left him with a fractured skull and brain bleeding.

He did go on to have a pro bowl year in Dallas, but I feel strongly he would have stayed a Hawk had he not been hurt in that fight.

💯

Rat

Reaction score
How in the Hell did the scouts and the FO miss on Aaron Curry? Were they swayed by others? Are they just that stupid?
It's really hard to fake talent. Fortunately for Curry, he didn't need to because he had plenty of it. However, if you commit to the facade, it's not especially difficult to convince others that you don't secretly hate football and will check out the second you get paid.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's really hard to fake talent. Fortunately for Curry, he didn't need to because he had plenty of it. However, if you commit to the facade, it's not especially difficult to convince others that you don't secretly hate football and will check out the second you get paid.
Ya, he was never a great football player, was he? He's the epitome of workout warrior that rose late because he looked good in shorts.

Rat

Reaction score
Ya, he was never a great football player, was he? He's the epitome of workout warrior that rose late because he looked good in shorts.
That feels very much like not what I said. He was a phenomenal player in college, he just lacked the drive to push himself at the next level and coasting on talent alone hits a ceiling quickly when everyone else is mega-talented too.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No frustrating Seahawk player list would be complete without the following mentions -

Brandon Browner (his off-field problems were frustrating)
Jerramy Stevens
Christine Michael
Julius Jones
Eddie "China Food" Lacy
Kelly Jennings

Hawkamaniac

Reaction score
I remember being 8-yrs old, and thinking "we got that guy?!?" to replace an injured Curt Warner. "We're going to win the Super Bowl for sure!" That guy, was Franco Harris. Second on the all-time rushing list at the time, owner of four SB rings, and the "receiver" on what everyone in 3rd grade knew was the most incredible play ever.

What I didn't understand was what nearly 3000 career carries could do to a guy in his mid-30s. The result was 2 yards a carry for the 'Hawks, and not lasting long enough to make the playoff roster Knox cut him after a couple months. I was so confused. He was supposed to be awesome. He was supposed to pass Jim Brown and he couldn't even muster 300 yards.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's your version. They made what felt like a very safe pick, it didn't work out. Meh
But it's always fun to joke about the Curry Era.

Rat

Reaction score
I'll second (there were probably more) Christine Michael. It was bad enough to waste a second round pick on a RB when we were already good at that position, but the one we did choose had the worst running instincts I've ever seen. He was basically the anti-Shaun Alexander. I believe we petitioned the league to allow LED arrows on the back of our OLs jerseys so Michael would know not to just run straight into them.

Last edited:

hawkpride

Reaction score

Alex Collins​

Was supposed to be Marshawn L. (#24, remember him?) replacement but ate to many cheeseburgers...

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
That feels very much like not what I said. He was a phenomenal player in college, he just lacked the drive to push himself at the next level and coasting on talent alone hits a ceiling quickly when everyone else is mega-talented too.
I was disagreeing with you civilly. He was a mediocre player at WF that went from a third/fourth round grade to a top 10 grade after the combine.

Edit: I'm not being revisionist. I was one of the people that lost their ever-loving shit when they drafted him.

BASF

Reaction score
Surprised no one has said Michael Boulware yet. Boulware was one of my favorite players while at FSU and I was ecstatic when we drafted him. I knew he would be converted to safety and was hopeful. He made some very good plays in 04 in a joker LB role. Making the transition in 05 worked well and we made it all the way to the Super Bowl. In XL, Boulware was taken advantage of by the Steelers. On the Willie Parker touchdown, Boulware took a LB angle instead of playing it like a safety. On the Randle-El touchdown pass, people blame Pruitt, but the pass went to Boulware's side because he bit up like a LB to the reverse.

It destroyed Boulware's confidence and you could see it in his play the next season. He was constantly second guessing himself on the field. He lost his starting job and we ended up trading him to Houston. He was out of the league after just one more season.

Hotchy

Reaction score
Dave Krieg. I liked him, but he was so hot and cold. If you got the bad version, it was really ugly. And we didn't get his best game vs a Raiders team we had already beaten twice for that AFC Championship game