Free agent signings, mostly undrafted?

toffee

Reaction score
So far, we just signed a bunch guys who were undrafted players coming out of college:

UDFA:
Tyrel Dodson
Tremayne Anchrum Jr. UDFA
Nick Harris
George Fant
Pharaoh Brown
Tremayne Anchrum Jr.

Drafted:
Johnathan Hankins
K'Von Wallace
Sam Howell
Jerome Baker

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ok sure, but each player has playing experience and while some are better than others every player can't be a top end FA or former 1st round pick that didn't bust. I have to think the team is close to being done util the end of the comp pick period, which I think is the draft (not sure and stand to be corrected).

So far several have caused me to wonder but none are total fails so far.

CPHawk

Reaction score
So far, we just signed a bunch guys who were undrafted players coming out of college:

UDFA:
Tyrel Dodson
Nick Harris
George Fant
Pharaoh Brown
Tremayne Anchrum Jr.

Drafted:
Johnathan Hankins
K'Von Wallace
Sam Howell
Jerome Baker
Brown would have been a day 2 pick, if not for a terrible broken leg his jr year. It was so bad he almost lost the leg

sutz

Reaction score
Well, UDFAs naturally enter the system with something to prove and generally have to work harder to get there. Not a lot of divas in that group. ;)

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

UDFA:
Tyrel Dodson
Nick Harris
George Fant
Pharaoh Brown
Tremayne Anchrum Jr.

Drafted:
Johnathan Hankins
K'Von Wallace
Sam Howell
Jerome Baker
I had to come into this thread to realize we re-signed George Fant.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Just remember JS is smarter than everyone else so he see diamonds where the rest of us see poop. I am thinking PC was less of a problem than JS is.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It was only a matter of time before calling down JS began in earnest
I am giving him a year to really decide my opinion of him but those acting like he is a brand new GM with no responsibility for any of the past decisions is a little funny to me.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
a thread about the quality of free agents that JS is signing is not a place to have an opinion on JS's job performance?

JPatera76

Reaction score
The OP’s post says and has zero mention of JS. A select few decided to make it ABOUT JS, when this is about Undrafted and Drafted Free Agents

xray

Reaction score
The OP’s post says and has zero mention of JS. A select few decided to make it ABOUT JS, when this is about Undrafted and Drafted Free Agents
JS is handing players a pen ain't he ? He is part of this conversation . imo

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why not start a new thread about JS instead of sidetracking the conversation about the suspected lack of quality of the FAs signed?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Getting back on track, has anyone seen enough of Wallace to have an informed opinion on him?

suppaball

Reaction score
Why not start a new thread about JS instead of sidetracking the conversation about the suspected lack of quality of the FAs signed?
Not possible did you forget it's 2024?
Now for the topic. Personally I do not care what round, or even if a player is drafted at all. I care if the player can play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally agree suppaball!!

Without seeing the players signed play it's impossible at this point to do more than observe that a good number of them were undrafted players that seemed to be good enough to play in the league. The round the player was drafted in or whether the player can play is something you need to assess by watching film on the player. It really doesn't mean much if anything at all.

Everything I've read about both ILBs and both safeties is positive, Hankins is a strong NT, and Brown is a very strong blocker at TE. Don't know about the OG, and remain suspicious about Howell, and Harris. Do think the trade for Howell for the equivalent of a very early 4th rd. pick was a good move capwise.

Latest posts