Forget Bevell...where's the fire Tom Cable thread?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Three years of this pathetic mother intercourse oline. The pass blocking has sucked each year with no sign of improvement

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Agree. The run game has been great, but he also needs to take some responsibility for how bad the pass blocking and O-line development. It feels like we've had a duct-taped O-line for 3 years and it seems like Cable likes it that way.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Don't forget the fact that he can't coach the offensive line to stop making stupid pre-snap penalties.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Cable has been ridiculously overrated for no damn reason

northseahawk

Reaction score
forget the OC and Oline coach, how bout someone stick in to RW for playing like crap.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Heck, every coach needs to have a good hard look in the mirror after a game like this, our guys just did not seem to be well equipped/coached for this game.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Blitzer88":15dx2k5h said:
Heck, every coach needs to have a good hard look in the mirror after a game like this, our guys just did not seem to be well equipped/coached for this game.
One bad game happens, Quinn had a bad game, no one is calling for his head.
Cable's lines have been consistently horrible

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
davidonmi":2mo5mwfk said:
Blitzer88":2mo5mwfk said:
One bad game happens, Quinn had a bad game, no one is calling for his head.
Cable's lines have been consistently horrible

Agreed. Last year I gave him somewhat of a pass due to injuries. I blamed Bevell for not going to the 3 step game with a depleted line. But this year everyone's been healthy and its his hand picked guys that have been intercoursed in the butt without Vaseline. Pete needs to stop thinking everything is 'cool' and give pass blocking an emphasis.

Largent80

Reaction score
Wilson was part of the problem yesterday. How many times did he step up to throw?

He just instantly starts running around, and his receivers did not help him out one bit.

You have to give Dallas credit at some point however. Bevells "new" offense needs to go straight to the trash can.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Im glad more people are coming around to the fact that Cable has failed and he's been given a pass for too long.

It seems like most people loved the whole "we have a head coach for our OL coach!" mantra from a few years ago and only me and a few others have called BS on it since then.

He chose wrong with Moffit and Carp, and failed to develop players.

Russell Wilson is our prized possession and he is being put at risk because our OL coach can't teach pass pro ajd because Pete and John have not devoted enough draft picks to oline.

Continuing to put Wilson at risk should be the final straw. Cable and Bevell both need to go.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Anyone else feel like it's quite possible we have more false starts at home than our actual opponents.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I wonder if their decision to essentially break up the offensive coordination between run and pass is contributing to these issues?

If there is an offensive identity issue brewing (and I think there is) it may have its roots here.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3dml2xlq said:
Anyone else feel like it's quite possible we have more false starts at home than our actual opponents.

By a mile:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/team/seattl ... ?year=2014

Okung by himself has 4 times as many false starts as our combined opponents for 2014. This year he has 7 total penalties through week 5. He had 8 all season in 2013 including 3 playoff games. Additionally, he leads in overall infractions for any kind BOTH with 4 false starts and 3 offensive holding. No player has committed more than 2 of any one kind of penalty on the team.

The OL has committed 15 penalties this year. Okung has almost half of them (7). No other OL individually has more than 2 penalties.

Seattle has 4 false starts as a team at home. Compared to 1 for our opponents through 3 home games. For 2013 we had 13 false start calls against us. Opponents were flagged 12 times at the Clink in 2013.

We outpaced false start calls 28 to 17 for 2013 as well.

So we were significantly worse in 2013 and are well on our way to shattering that disparity in 2014.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Let's back up.

Okung is clearly his own problem, not Cable's. He's playing injured, playing jittery, and committing false starts and holding all over the place. That's not on Cable.

Unger is also oft-injured. It is fruitless to blame an OL coach for that sort of thing.

Britt is a rookie.

Moffitt was a miss, but it sounds like he wasn't motivated to play professional football, either.

James Carpenter and JR Sweezy have been huge success stories this year. Nobody's brought them up once this season, except in a positive way, because they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do. Even Sweezy's occasional whiff is down to a low enough frequency that nobody cares.

Zach Miller and Luke Willson are doing brilliantly in the blocking game. True, they're their own position with their own coach, but the blocking scheme is Cable's.

Put all that together and I have a hard time faulting one guy. There are problems all over the place and there is no one magic bullet. I was hoping this board would have moved past the habit of looking for a single panacea and blaming one guy over results - but I guess that's optimistic. ;)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Continuing to put Wilson at risk should be the final straw. Cable and Bevell both need to go.
I can't disagree with this much but I can't blame it all on Cable because Unger and Okung are injured and what can you do when a guy is a flake (Moffitt)? Bevell? I just see no real excuses or outs for him.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
AMEN. Been saying this for 2 years now. His teams historically have never been able to pass block! It has always been the case and I don't know why it is acceptable. I don't care how great he is in the run game, pass blocking is half the damn job. He needs to go and is the coach I would can first. Even before Bevs

ndnchapathi69

Reaction score
Can we cut cable just a little bit of slack. Look at the pieces he has to work with and lots of people are either inexperienced or injured. Do we even see any investment in the o-line by the team? Also, we didn't have that great of an o-line last year and kudos for Cable for making something out of nothing.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Blitzer88":386wlhri said:
This is truth, but one can say that about the OL more than any other unit on the team.