Flowers for the Radish.......

HawkFan72

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2fycwvrf said:
Everybody chipped in, thats a lot of friggin flowers..

Would love to see Les's face if over $300 in flowers showed up in his hospital room.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Hey everyone, quick update - I visted with Les and his wife for a while tonight, and he's doing well. Darlene (his wife) is incredibly strong and positive, and I was so glad to see both of them smiling. They both send their sincere thanks for everyone's love, prayers, and thoughts. It truly touched their hearts.

As for the merch, they were blown away by my "bag-o-swag" I presented to them on behalf of everyone here on .NET. Included was a SuperBowl champs T-shirt, A quilt throw blanket, a hardcover SB48 champs book, and the one that left them both speechless, a full size football signed by Russell Wilson. They were so happy, they started showing it to every nurse and attending that happened by.

Good job folks, the love and the donations to get them these items have shown them just how much we appreciate them and I couldn't be prouder to represent us all. It's why I love this community.

Go Hawks!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
This is just wonderful!!! Way to Rock, Rock... Good Job!!! So happy to hear this... :thirishdrinkers: :les:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Les is out of ICU and back in regular care, fortunately. According to his wife, the visit from Rock & Hawkstorian with the gifts really lifted his spirits and got him back out of a fog. Great work, it means a lot to the Radishes!

grizbob

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":ag8hwlav said:
Les is out of ICU and back in regular care, fortunately. According to his wife, the visit from Rock & Hawkstorian with the gifts really lifted his spirits and got him back out of a fog. Great work, it means a lot to the Radishes!

:thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: Absolutely made my day!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":3c2ugvpm said:
Hey everyone, quick update - I visted with Les and his wife for a while tonight, and he's doing well. Darlene (his wife) is incredibly strong and positive, and I was so glad to see both of them smiling. They both send their sincere thanks for everyone's love, prayers, and thoughts. It truly touched their hearts.

As for the merch, they were blown away by my "bag-o-swag" I presented to them on behalf of everyone here on .NET. Included was a SuperBowl champs T-shirt, A quilt throw blanket, a hardcover SB48 champs book, and the one that left them both speechless, a full size football signed by Russell Wilson. They were so happy, they started showing it to every nurse and attending that happened by.

Good job folks, the love and the donations to get them these items have shown them just how much we appreciate them and I couldn't be prouder to represent us all. It's why I love this community.

Go Hawks!

I want to thank you for doing this for us all. Les is such a great person, he feels like family. I'm glad that we were able to lift his spirits. If there's one thing I've learned about recovering from any type of major surgery it's that being high in spirits is ALWAYS a good thing. If we could help even in the slightest in making him feel a little better during this difficult time, it was worth every penny and then some.

AbsolutNET":3c2ugvpm said:

Thanks for the update. It's really great news that he's improved so much and is in good spirits.

OrFan

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":13imgok2 said:

Great to hear!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thank you Rock and Hawk. Keep keeping tabs on them. We appreciate it. :)

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
This community has done some good things, even in the short time I've been here.
It's awesome that we could step up and take care of one of our own.
I wish I could have seen his face.
:) :) :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2nnw5o07 said:
Anybody with Windows 8 that wants to have a regular Windows XP/Vista/7-style Start menu again, just spend $5 buying a program called Start8 and that's it, now you can forget the stupid Windows 8 UI even exists.

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

(Also, there are some free alternatives, but they are inferior for various reasons IMO, and this is only $5 so stop whining.)

I firmly recommend this. But if we need a license for the OS I can provide. 7 or 8. Take your pick, but I need to do it before May.

Don't buy one, I already have it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
In a piece of good news, his wife, Darlene, told me today that she has been given a clean bill of health after having a brain tumor removed last fall!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome news! Does someone have their mailing address you can PM me please?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1kriirg7 said:
In a piece of good news, his wife, Darlene, told me today that she has been given a clean bill of health after having a brain tumor removed last fall!

:th2thumbs:

Now we just need the Radish at 100%!