Flacco to the colts

flv2

Reaction score
Any QB could get hurt. There are better QB options available - Garoppolo, Tannehill, etc. If this was their line of thinking they could have signed 1 of the other QBs that signed back-up deals elsewhere - Darnold, Brissett. Congrats to Flacco for coming back in 2023 and playing well in 5 games, but that performance is an outlier.

xray

Reaction score
If Flacco can still demand good $ , as a semi-retired QB ; what does that say about the current talent pool of QBs in the NFL right now ? Not good imo .

flv2

Reaction score
If Flacco can still demand good $ , as a semi-retired QB ; what does that say about the current talent pool of QBs in the NFL right now ? Not good imo .
It says more about the Colts willingness to throw ridiculous resources at the QB position. Wentz - Ryan - Flacco. People might start to believe the person making the decisions is on drink and drugs. Oh wait!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
JimmyG and Tannehill got benched for poor performance/injury and JimmyG is suspended for pEd’s. I don’t see how they’re a necessarily better deal than Flacco.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Lock it JPatera. If you are going to lock every Wagner to the Commanders thread even HERE why does Flacco get his own thread and we have to go to some catchall thread for Bobby.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
No, I mean, please don’t Lock this thread. And I would hate to see Jayhawks get in trouble either.

I never looked at that other teams catch all thread as I assumed it’d be all about non qbs on other teams. I didn’t even know about the Bobby threads getting consolidated when I posted Sherms podcast, which is a derivative of the fact Bobby found a new home.

Bobby is like the defensive icon of the Seahawks, the last one remaining. He can’t realistically be corralled to one thread.

Last edited:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Flacco just keeps winning, at the bank.

Seriously...

If Flacco, Bradford, and Cousins ever opened an investment bank, I'd liquidate everything and go all in. Maybe Cutler could even make partner.

flv2

Reaction score
JimmyG and Tannehill got benched for poor performance/injury and JimmyG is suspended for pEd’s. I don’t see how they’re a necessarily better deal than Flacco.
Flacco had 5 games in 2023. He was awful for several seasons before that. Contracts are for what you're expected to produce next year rather than what you did last year. I'd rather have have Garoppolo or Tannehill than Flacco. 2024 expectations for Flacco are absurd.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I get it that this is an unbelievably important signing that all Seahawks fans want to know about and not need to dig thru another thread not dedicated to this very important news but why does this have it's own thread?
Shouldn't this go in the "Free Agent News--Other Teams" thread"?
Asking for a friend.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I'd rather read 20 individual FA acquisition threads here than read through a mega-thread or NFL.com's news list to catch up on FA signings. It's organized and people can actually have conversations about interesting signings.

Latest posts